Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
    whats with Dec 20 ???
    If Masai wants to be able to re-trade any assets he picks up in trades, he can't do so for 60 days. So anyone he picks up between now and the 19th can be resent to playoff teams for picks or whatever. It also accelerates the tank.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

In other words you don't necessarily target draft picks now (although grab them if you can) you collect assets that teams would love to have for a deep playoff run. Those are your Chuck Hayes, Tyler Hansbroughs, Steve Novaks essentially any cheap veteran that does one thing extremely well. Then come Feb 20th (trade deadline) you will have 16 teams calling you looking for that one thing they need to win it all.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

were off topic...who wants to take another run at GV idea?

Comment

Meh...unless Salmons ends up doing unexpectedly well, I think this is something we will see.

I mean, we're not that deep. DeMar and Lowry start. Ross will get chances. Vasquez likely will too. And I'm sure every now and then Fields will get a start, probably if Casey wants a better defender at SF, especially in terms of strength since Ross lacks there.

Comment

Whatever helps us lose, and grab Wiggins.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              After watching the success Phoenix is having featuring 2 PGs as their starting back court it occurred to me that we could do that here as well.

1.) GV is built like a SG
              2.) He is a completely different style PG than Kyle and would compliment nicely
              3.) He would really aid in ball movement.
              4.) You can stagger that substitution pattern in such a way that one of them is always on the floor
              5.) DD would have been either traded or moved to the 3 in this scenario.
              6.) This makes having Amir and JV in the starting lineup even more potent.
              7.) This doesn't mean we aren't tanking but it would make the team much more watchable
              I'd be curious to see it in certain situations. You'd probably have Lowry play off ball in this scenario and run the offense through Vasquez. Vasquez plays the pick and roll with Lowry as the reset. I think this could be a very effective method of attacking if the opposing team is very week at shooting guard. I don't like it as an all the time thing, I think Terrance Ross gives you more since he's a better defender and can shoot the 3 a bit better, but I think that there is a possibility with this. I also think Casey will definitely try it, he loved the Calderon/Lowry line ups before the Gay trade last year.

Since you want us to disagree with you though...

The team wouldn't be more watchable. Our defense with Vasquez trying to check the opponents 2 and DD on their 3 would be so bad it hurts to think about. DD would lose the size advantage he uses so well at shooting guard and get crushed nightly and the is no way Vasquez is keeping guys like Harden or Wade in front of him even for a second.

If Lowry continued to be more ball dominant, Vasquez is pretty much useless on the floor. He's not a good shooter, he isn't very athletic, and he doesn't have a size advantage at the 2. His biggest asset, his passing, is lost when he plays off ball.

You lose the chance to play a younger player and continue developing our future by playing GV over Ross.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

It's not the craziest idea, and there is definitely merit to pairing GV with Amir and JV as much as possible but for me, it's a no go if it means benching Ross again. Gotta let the kid play.

Also, 5% 3PT shooting (GV 32%, Ross 37%) is actually a fairly large margin. That's not an overnight correction.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I suggested this idea in another thread as well. It would have to be in selective games, but I think we would have great ball movement with GV at the 2 and DD at the 3. Perimeter D wouldn't be great, but that's why it would have to be in selective games. SG's are generally too strong for GV to guard.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    No GV is too bad defensive and can't shoot the ball well enough. I like the Ross experiment so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Sounds like how we describe DeMAr as well.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Not a fan of the idea if it cuts into Ross's minutes.

I'm not saying Ross deserves more minutes. But I do think it's important for management to know exactly what they have in Ross sooner rather than later. IMO, the best way to make that determination, is to throw him into the deep end and see if he sinks/swims.

I'd like to see Ross playing 30+ mpg until the deadline (at least).

Comment

Didnt we try this with Calderon and Lowry and it failed miserably..... but Vasquez has a different mentality than dribble around the outside Calderon.

Comment

Salmons or fields starts at 3. Demar at 2 and whoever at 1. U mess yourself up defensively with anything else

Comment

If Casey puts that kid at 2 to start he should be fired

Comment

Lowry will likely be gone in a week or two, but for the sake of your topic:

I think playing them together could be great for creating pick and roll opportunities in the offense, but just not starting them together ... Bringing a second pg off the bench to platoon is very effective, but starting the game defending the opposition's best SG is a tough way to begin a game defensively. Greivis has size, but no quicks - doesn't help to change positions in that way imo.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

At this point.. it really dont matter who starts, who back up or who is on the roster.. this ship has sunk already folks.. we are only looking for survivors now

Comment

Working...
                                X