Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Where is Sonny Weems ?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Where is Sonny Weems ?

    Do you guys remember him ? the " Young Gunz" !! Some here dared to call them the future of this franchise and hope of the better days !! Where is he now ? What is he doing ?

    Those were the days that people drank the Kool-aid from BC and his support here was at all time high. What a turn of events ...

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Do you guys remember him ? the " Young Gunz" !! Some here dared to call them the future of this franchise and hope of the better days !! Where is he now ? What is he doing ?

    Those were the days that people drank the Kool-aid from BC and his support here was at all time high. What a turn of events ...
    I don't recall anyone resting the team's hopes on Weems specifically. But there were people who saw potential in the young players as a group (which included Weems).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #3
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I believe he's still playing overseas.

    He was a solid backup when he focused on defense, taking it to the basket aggressively and being in position for spot-up 3's. When he started to fancy himself as a starter with an above-average jump shot (and developed an affinity for long-range 2's), he became easily replaceable.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't recall anyone resting the team's hopes on Weems specifically. But there were people who saw potential in the young players as a group (which included Weems).
    You have a bad memory my friend Do you remember suggesting that Big Val can be the same as Anthony Davis in this league ... I have a feeling you forgot that as well.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I believe he's still playing overseas.

    He was a solid backup when he focused on defense, taking it to the basket aggressively and being in position for spot-up 3's. When he started to fancy himself as a starter with an above-average jump shot (and developed an affinity for long-range 2's), he became easily replaceable.
    Very True. The problem here was when the team and fans started giving these back ups the respect and space that the stars of the league really deserve and it got into their head. This is why teams like SA are successful. Role Players know their role and will never get the illusion that they are anything more than that and hence will stick to what is asked from them and work hard on improving on those areas.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    he's where he belongs, out of the league.

  7. Like Jamshid liked this post
  8. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    he's where he belongs, out of the league.
    LOL! I thought you'd like this thread. But then again, I underestimated how much you love being the contrarian.

  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    LOL! I thought you'd like this thread. But then again, I underestimated how much you love being the contrarian.
    I actually thought Weems was one of those bums who fans overrate immensely, there's a long list of them.

  10. Like bounty, Jamshid liked this post
  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    You have a bad memory my friend Do you remember suggesting that Big Val can be the same as Anthony Davis in this league ... I have a feeling you forgot that as well.
    LOL, I never said Jonas can "be the same as" Unibrow, just as I never said Weems is the future of this team.

    I said Jonas, despite his lesser athleticism, could be just as important in the reconstruction of the franchise, as Unibrow is to the Pelicans.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. Like Jamshid liked this post
  14. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    he's at home, A-WASHIN' HIS TIGHTS
    @jerboat

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    let me google that for you...

    plays for CSKA Moscow.

    lets never speak of him again.

  16. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    sonny weems has incredible explosive athelticism, as well as a good looking consistent shot. Unfortunately he was an extremely poor decision maker/chucker. He isn't worth being bought out from his contract from cska moscow, which I believe runs until 2015. But he is someone I would consider looking at after to see if his decision making/game has improved after his stint in europe , even though he would be 29.
    Last edited by akashsingh; Thu Dec 12th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

  17. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    sonny weems has incredible explosive athelticism, as well as a good looking consistent shot. Unfortunately he was an extremely poor decision maker/chucker. He isn't worth being bought out from his contract from cska moscow, which I believe runs until 2015. But he is someone I would consider looking at after to see if his decision making/game has improved after his stint in europe , even though he would be 29.
    I'd say Terrence Ross is way more explosive than weems. And Ross is probably better than Weems right now lol

  18. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Do you guys remember him ? the " Young Gunz" !! Some here dared to call them the future of this franchise and hope of the better days !! Where is he now ? What is he doing ?

    Those were the days that people drank the Kool-aid from BC and his support here was at all time high. What a turn of events ...
    BC patted himself on the back for picking up Weems. Lol

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie feet85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scarborough,ON
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where is James Johnson? Pops Mensah-Bonsu? Ben Uzoh? Jorge Garbojosa? Solomon Alabi? Anthony Parker?
    #BringBackUzoh

  20. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    Where is James Johnson? Pops Mensah-Bonsu? Ben Uzoh? Jorge Garbojosa? Solomon Alabi? Anthony Parker?
    All BC specials.

  21. #18
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where is Marcus Banks? Where is Julian Wright?

    Marcus Banks was actually released by a Greek team. Released. Wow.

    JuJu still sucks.
    In Masai we Trust.

  22. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    8,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    James Johnson is a poor mans Paul pierce hahaha and Marcus banks was just horrible and Ben uzoh made us pick Terrence Ross instead of Harrison Barnes or Damian lillard

  23. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Where is Marcus Banks? Where is Julian Wright?

    Marcus Banks was actually released by a Greek team. Released. Wow.

    JuJu still sucks.
    Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    Where is James Johnson? Pops Mensah-Bonsu? Ben Uzoh? Jorge Garbojosa? Solomon Alabi? Anthony Parker?
    Don't forget Luke Jackson or Joey Dorsey or Mo Pete or Quincy Douby or Solomon Alabi or Nathan Jawai or Hassan Adams or Primoz Brezec or Uros Slokar or Rasho Nesterovic or Rasual Butler or Juan Dixon or Sundiata Gaines or Joey Graham or Jason Kapono or Linas Kleiza or Jamario Moon or Patrick O'Bryant or Will Solomon or Sebastien Telfair or P.J. Tucker or Roko Ukic or Hedo Turkoglu or Jake Voskuhl or Antoine Wright.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •