Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I may pissed off a lot of people, but should we considering to trade JV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I may pissed off a lot of people, but should we considering to trade JV?

Okay guys I don't want to create this HUGE debate regards to Jonas Valanciunas should we give up him or not. But I just want to say we were expecting JV having at around 20+ points 12+ rebounds average season, now we played 20 games into the season, we were expecting JV having at least 4-5 games of 30+ points. I apologize if I personally expecting too high from him, but I'm not the only one after he won the summer league MVP, and his international play his ceiling when the year started were really high, and many many people expected him to have stats like I have mentioned. On top of that, this is type of stats what Andre Drummond had, and I know I exaggerated a bit, but at least Drummond had recorded some eye popping stat like 30 point and 19 rebounds. But in contrast JV have none, he has yet to score a 20 point game.

This is why I want to bring up that Jonas Valanciunas is Raptors' biggest asset and JV right now has the biggest stock value, JV can simply get us a top 5 first round draft pick in this coming year.

All I'm saying is after 20 games so far this season, what JV has showed to me, Yes JV has tons of potential and could be an all star one day, BUT he could also be an average player like Darko Milicic, he is not a bust but 12 points, 8 rebounds average game, and never become 20 points 15 rebounds player.

I am not saying we should give up on him, but if we can get a top five first round draft pick this coming year, I will be seriously thinking about moving JV, again like I said so far JV has shown flash of good but also a "BUST" side of him, and right now is his highest value to trade him, get a guy like Embiid won't hurt us at all.

I am apologize if I angry some of the JV fans, I am actually also a JV fan and a big man's fan, Raptors realistically never had a good legit seven footer center ever in their history. But it's JV's play, his stock value right now, and the upcoming deep talented draft that made me want to consider possibly trading him.

What do you guys think? should we trade him before it's too late?

Okay I changed my word not 4-5 games over 30 points, but at least one or two games? and so far he hasn't score one single 20 point game.
    Last edited by Eric Montross 00; Sat Dec 14, 2013, 02:45 PM.

people were expecting "around 20+ points 12+ rebounds average"? are you drunk?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

here's how you "fix" the JV "problem"

trade Lowry
      fire Casey
      wait until AT LEAST midway through next season to start panicking.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

First, 20 points and 12 rebounds is WAAAYYY too high of an expectation for JV. Especially since the offense isn't centered around him, and also because he isn't that good of a rebounder (he's good, but he's not Kevin Love or anything).
          Second, I agree that trading him for a Top 5 first round pick wouldn't be too bad of an idea. But that's ONLY if it's a high lottery pick. Having a big man that is able to have a positive effect on both sides of the floor (if he lives up to his potential and works more on the defensive end) is too valuable for anything less.
          Also, it's not like he's been having a completely terrible year. He has had some good games and IMO has had little better start than last year.
          OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
            First, 20 points and 12 rebounds is WAAAYYY too high of an expectation for JV. Especially since the offense isn't centered around him, and also because he isn't that good of a rebounder (he's good, but he's not Kevin Love or anything).
            Second, I agree that trading him for a Top 5 first round pick wouldn't be too bad of an idea. But that's ONLY if it's a high lottery pick. Having a big man that is able to have a positive effect on both sides of the floor (if he lives up to his potential and works more on the defensive end) is too valuable for anything less.
            Also, it's not like he's been having a completely terrible year. He has had some good games and IMO has had little better start than last year.
            But stats tells all, we all knew Drummond only knows: Dunks, Tip ins, offensive rebounds, block shots, can jump over a lot of people. EVEN Drummond had a 30 points 19 rebounds game. AND JV have ZERO 20 points game into the season, does that acceptable?

Comment

He also said in another thread that Novak and Ross would get you a 1st in this draft and said KCP was a bust because he had no YouTube highlights
              Ball Don't Lie

Comment

You were expecting 4-5 games of 30+ points after 20 some games? Holy cow. Anthony Davis is the best young big in the game and he only had on 30+ game and was averaging a mere(!!!) 19 and 10 before he got hurt.

I think you need to get your expectations in line with reality.

Comment

phdmac wrote: View Post
                  He also said in another thread that Novak and Ross would get you a 1st in this draft
                  Novak+Ross for 28th first round pick it's highly possible. Look I'm here to help the Raptors, if the offer I said were too high then that's fine. I said it before and I said it again, Spurs traded their first round for Kurt Thomas, Spurs trade richard jefferson and First round pick for Stephen Jackson and then they waived Jackson the next season. Cavs trade Mo Williams for Baron Davis and first round pick and that first round pick turned out to be Kyrie Irving. NOW you tell me Novak+Ross can't get you a 28th or 30th first round pick?

Comment

A top 5 pick for JV would be reasonable.

But geeze, your expectations are absurd. If he turns into an all star it will take time. Give him a few years.

Also comparing him to Drummond is tempting but unfair, that guy's a freak.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      You were expecting 4-5 games of 30+ points after 20 some games? Holy cow. Anthony Davis is the best young big in the game and he only had on 30+ game and was averaging a mere(!!!) 19 and 10 before he got hurt.

I think you need to get your expectations in line with reality.
                      Stats wise, Nikola Vucevic has better stats thatn Anthony Davis. Tyson Chandler will never give you 30 points a game. But JV hasn't yet to score a 20 point game you think that's normal?

Comment

Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
                        But stats tells all, we all knew Drummond only knows: Dunks, Tip ins, offensive rebounds, block shots, can jump over a lot of people. EVEN Drummond had a 30 points 19 rebounds game. AND JV have ZERO 20 points game into the season, does that acceptable?
                        For the majority of the season we've had Rudy Gay on our team.
                        To add, when Rudy left Amir exploded and had an incredible game.
                        Finally, I'm more concerned with JV's defense than offense. We already know that he can score, but he needs to learn how to defend, especially in help situations. Points mean nothing if you let the other team get theirs.
                        OG is our king

Comment

I think we should consider trading him if the right package became available.

I do think we will have to trade either one of him or Amir Johnson because we will need a rim protector with one of the two.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

First off, as I mentioned to you previously, the Spurs and Cavs moves were not in a draft as loaded as this one. Secondly, a 28th or 30th pick currently sits as San Antonio, Portland and Pacers. I don't see any of those teams needing or wanting both Ross and Novak. I don't think Ross + Novak gets you a 1st anyhow, but even if those teams want 1 of those guys, you're not getting a 1st for them. Also, that LAC-CLE deal has widely been panned as one of the worst missteps by a franchise for giving up what amounted to the 1st overall pick
                              Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Working...
                              X