The Toronto Raptors will win the NBA Championship this decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig wrote: View Post
    they cant even tank right, how are they going to stay focused enough to win a championship

The visual just hammers home your point.

Send Lowry, DD, and Amir away for prospects and picks, this team is worst in the league - easily.

Comment

Comment

Meh, I'd give it 2 decades.
        OG is our king

Comment

Brandon wrote:
          The odds of a team starting a rebuild and winning it all within 6 years is not good. You wouldn't jump out of an airplane if your odds of surviving were the same.
          OKC rebuild started 2007, 2012 reached NBA Finals (5 years)

We already have a bit of a head-start because we have two players (Valanciunas and DD) that can be starters on a championship team. The issue now is bringing in and developing 1-2 superstar talents and a host of great complementary players over the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
            OKC rebuild started 2007, 2012 reached NBA Finals (5 years)

We already have a bit of a head-start because we have two players (Valanciunas and DD) that can be starters on a championship team. The issue now is bringing in and developing 1-2 superstar talents and a host of great complementary players over the next 2-3 years.
            Brandon wasn't saying the team couldn't, he saying the odds of it happening aren't good (if not very bad).

That OKC reached the NBA finals (which ofcourse is not a championship, but lets pretend thats good enough to consider equivalent), and was therefore a team that accomplished it, does not disprove his statement.

I'd also point out that getting and developing 1-2 superstars is the hard part. Getting guys like Demar and Val is relatively easy by comparison.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Meh, I'd give it 2 decades.
              That's even more unlikely. That means the team will have to be good and stay good for a looooooong time.
              Masai won't even be here in two decades.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                That's even more unlikely. That means the team will have to be good and stay good for a looooooong time.
                You're right.

Let's go with 3.
                One of Masai's children should be old enough by then.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  I dunno, I just don't see a title coming our way in the next 10 years. We'll be competitive, but no title.
                  We should be able to remain a competitive team over time if the team makes good decisions.
                  OG is our king

Comment

I have no problem with someone proclaiming their belief that we will win a championship this decade.

That's a tad too optimistic for me, but if we aren't going to compete for a championship why bother being a fan? I say good on ya' Noiske!

MY PREDICTION:

I believe Ujiri will get us the foundations of a team- the 1-3 legit all-stars you need- that can contend for a championship by the end of the decade. It may take a couple more years for the foundations to grow into players that actually contend for a championship. And by contend I mean hold their own in a Conference Finals or make it all the way to the finals. At this point I'm happy with a J-Kidd era NJ Nets, or AI era Sixers, type appearance in the the finals... aka no real shot of winning it all. Unfortunately, I think that is the ceiling of what I can EXPECT from Ujiri, anything above and beyond (competing IN the finals, or [and I can barley even type this...] winning it all!!!) is just gravy, sweet sweet gravy.

Let's Go RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Teams that have never won a championship:

Sun
                      Cavs
                      Clippers
                      Pacers
                      Nuggets
                      Jazz
                      Nets
                      Hornets / Pelicans
                      Timberwolves
                      Magic
                      Grizzlies
                      Raptors
                      Bobcats

That's about half of the NBA.
                      Just sayin'

Comment

If you don't think this team will win a championship in a decade why do you watch? You're fucking right I think they'll win and I expect they will too. I'm sick of supporting a team in limbo. Drastic times call for drastic measures so tear this shit team down and build something that can win.

I don't want to hear any excuses about taxes or small markets or players not wanting to come to Toronto. That's all bullshit and excuses don't produce results. I'm going to quote/slightly modify a quote from Chris Rock

"You're supposed to win championships you low expectations avid mother fucker!"

#MasaiStealthTAnk #MUChamps
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

Will they win this decade? Depends on how much juice Drake has.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Love it Nosike.

Though, I think compete for a Championship is a better word.
                            Even OKC haven't won one yet. But if we are even competitive like OKC are year in and year out, then I'm a happy camper.

Comment

pssssh.. of course we will
                              what made you guys think we wont
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                                pssssh.. of course we will
                                what made you guys think we wont
                                Seasons: 19; 1995-96 to 2013-14
                                Record: 589-860, .406 W-L%

Playoff Appearances: 5
                                Championships: 0

50-win seasons: 0

Comment

Working...