Extend Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend Lowry?

Why not just extend KL now if MU can work out at reasonable $$? As long as contract is not huge it should not have a huge impact on teams looking for a PG. If MU doesn't get the deal he wants he still has KL at reasonable $$.

Because he requested a trade, for one.
    Because he's playing this hard to get an unreasonable contract, for another.

I think that about settles it.

I like Kyle and I like his game but he's also not consistent enough for that contender we keep talking about and he won't be happy coming off of the bench.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
      Because he requested a trade, for one.
      Because he's playing this hard to get an unreasonable contract, for another.

I think that about settles it.

I like Kyle and I like his game but he's also not consistent enough for that contender we keep talking about and he won't be happy coming off of the bench.
      Respectfully disagree. KL says he never asked for trade. His consistency had improved this year. Trading when value is high can be a good strategy but keeping your own guys that play within a team model and do what is asked of them is not a bad option. You may think matter is settled I don't. The fact that KL has generated so much interest is intriguing. If MU can get a high asking price then great if not consider keeping him.

Comment

whatever, he is killing the tank.

trade him or have him killed.

Comment

His consistency has improved.
          I even made a point of questioning whether Kyle should be traded myself a few weeks back.
          I think he's a good player.

But let's pretend he didn't ask for a trade (no real professional would ever say they did, let's be real), he will still ask for more than we want to pay. There's no way around it.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            whatever, he is killing the tank.

trade him or have him killed.
            Probably not the best choice of words.

Comment

I even made a point of questioning whether Kyle should be traded myself a few weeks back.

But let's pretend he didn't ask for a trade (no real professional would ever say they did, let's be real), he will still ask for more than we want to pay. There's no way around it.
              Maybe...but it is worth exploring that option. MU strikes me as someone who carefully considers all his options.

Comment

Kobe Bryant
                Allen Iverson
                Dwight Howard
                Vince Carter
                Pau Gasol
                Shawn Marion
                Joe Johnson

Comment

Recently: Ashik
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yup.
                    Perhaps you're missing the point.

Comment

I don't think Lowry should be around long term.

He is worth his contract now, but he is set to get a healthy raise and I feel the PG position is one of the strongest in the league, and we could get equivalent (or greater) skill for lesser cost.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        I don't think Lowry should be around long term.

He is worth his contract now, but he is set to get a healthy raise and I feel the PG position is one of the strongest in the league, and we could get equivalent (or greater) skill for lesser cost.
                        Fair enough.

Comment

I am not sure if he is the best option going forward either, but here is one thing I have to say, if we don't get anything good back, or we burden ourselves more, then I would rather let him walk in free agency.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Why not just extend KL now if MU can work out at reasonable $$? As long as contract is not huge it should not have a huge impact on teams looking for a PG. If MU doesn't get the deal he wants he still has KL at reasonable $$.
                            Consider the player perspective:

why would he extend now and possibly leave a year and a guaranteed $6-8M on the table?

Any extension can only be done for 3 years. By waiting 7 months, he can add an extra year to what will likely be his last big pay day.

Comment

Kyle immediately becomes liability if we sign him now. I love Kyle, his mentality is great and he's playing really well for the past few weeks, but I think we should trade his a$$. Teams are interested, if we can get pick(s) or couple future players for him then why not? ( I know right, Masai made me think like it's video game ) *I would love to see Greivis as our starter PG just for this season... :-)*

Comment

Working...
                              X