No announcement yet.

Extend Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've leaned completely towards re-signing Lowry to a little less then what DeRozan is making, if it's possible. Or, maybe a somewhat similar deal to what DeRozan is making?
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      I've leaned completely towards re-signing Lowry to a little less then what DeRozan is making, if it's possible. Or, maybe a somewhat similar deal to what DeRozan is making?
      This is what i was thinking too. If we can grab a steal in the draft like Tyler Ennis then it would be the ideal scenario

Comment

• At this point extending Lowry seems unlikely. I wish he would have been extended earlier as his contract amount continues to rise We still are in a good position to resign him though.

Comment

• We really need to extend Lowry now. He is the leader of our team and we need to keep him. When you think that Fields will get 8.5 million next year it is not unreasonable to expect 9-10million per year at this point and hope he doesn't dig it next year.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            We really need to extend Lowry now. He is the leader of our team and we need to keep him. When you think that Fields will get 8.5 million next year it is not unreasonable to expect 9-10million per year at this point and hope he doesn't dig it next year.
            Lowry just never had any real incentive to sign an extension. It's in his interest to let the market set his value in the summer. Only reason he would sign one is if he thought his value would decline because of something like a lingering injury...in which case Toronto shouldn't sign him to an extension....

Comment

We really need to extend Lowry now. He is the leader of our team and we need to keep him. When you think that Fields will get 8.5 million next year it is not unreasonable to expect 9-10million per year at this point and hope he doesn't dig it next year.
              Dog it not dig it.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                This is what i was thinking too. If we can grab a steal in the draft like Tyler Ennis then it would be the ideal scenario
                Ennis will be gone waaaaaay before our pick, especially if we continue our current trajectory.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

You want him to sign for 7M per year?

If not, then you can't extend him. If he wants more than that, he HAS to wait for free agency.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                  X