No announcement yet.

Extend Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry is known as a hot head so he could have asked for a trade and when the media asked him about he can easily deny it
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Prince wrote: View Post
      Guys I think the best scenario would be to trade Kyle Lowry for Austin Rivers[/I].
      Kyle Lowry is a good solid player but we can say that is All star ceilling is gone at 27 years old. Let be honest guys lol .A first round pick is also a good idea but Austin Rivers would be better.
      Rivers is fearless talented and a winner. For time like the 3 quarter where we lack scoring Austin wouldn't be scared of scoring or taking over. Austin is only 21 year old so is all star potential is high.This season Kyle has been having a lot of T.o. I would prefer a rookie doing all these turnover instead of a vet. Austin still has the time to grow and I believe is going to have a better value then kyle down the road if they want to trade eventually. Plus now that we are tanking we have time to watch him grow. Greivis Vasquez and Austin for point guard is a good Duo. ,it's would be like Calderon and Tj.Ford but much better.
      Leave your comments below.
      GV and Austin would be notably worse than Calderon and TJ Ford.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        GV and Austin would be notably worse than Calderon and TJ Ford.
        and it was tried once.

Comment

Austin Rivers.
          Austin Rivers is horrible. He will never be anywhere near as good as Lowry and is exactly the kind of player I hope MU will never trade for.

Comment

Guys I think the best scenario would be to trade Kyle Lowry for Austin Rivers[/I].
            Kyle Lowry is a good solid player but we can say that is All star ceilling is gone at 27 years old. Let be honest guys lol .A first round pick is also a good idea but Austin Rivers would be better.
            Rivers is fearless talented and a winner. For time like the 3 quarter where we lack scoring Austin wouldn't be scared of scoring or taking over. Austin is only 21 year old so is all star potential is high.This season Kyle has been having a lot of T.o. I would prefer a rookie doing all these turnover instead of a vet. Austin still has the time to grow and I believe is going to have a better value then kyle down the road if they want to trade eventually. Plus now that we are tanking we have time to watch him grow. Greivis Vasquez and Austin for point guard is a good Duo. ,it's would be like Calderon and Tj.Ford but much better.
            Leave your comments below.
            whats with all the newly signed up trolls today? there is no way this post is serious.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
              I definately think Lowry is worth keeping for the right price. But, that means we're not tanking, unless we trade Amir instead. And of the two, I'd rather keep Amir.

However, I like Lowry, I think Lowry and Vasquez would be an excellent PG tandem, I like our bigs Amir/Tyler/Jonas, and I can live with DeMar and Ross. So, if we can't get a 1st rounder or decent prospect for Lowry, then keep him and see what this team can do.

I was actually under the belief that BC had finally "got it" over the last few years, and was kinda excited about where this team was growing.

Then he traded ED and Jose for Rudy Gay, and I officially joined the torch and pitchfork crowd.

Now MU has done with BC waid he wanted to do, but didn't: Trade Bargnani and has kinda undone the Gay trade by bringing Tyler and Vasquez, which replace ED and Jose, almost.

So, we're back on a course I can live with, if there's no Tank to be had, because we can't convert our productive players, Johnson and Lowry, to picks and prospects, then I'm OK if MU stays the course.
              Cost is definitely the key. We do want to avoid burdensome contracts moving forward. That said if we could one of Suns first rounders this year for either KL or Amir I would do it. It is comforting to know that there are others who also think that keeping KL can work depending upon the situation moving forward.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                Austin Rivers is horrible. He will never be anywhere near as good as Lowry and is exactly the kind of player I hope MU will never trade for.
                Austin Rivers is all about Austin Rivers. Not dissimilar to KL in past. We need point guard that puts his team first above self.

Comment

Austin Rivers isnt a PG he is an undersized 2, they are trying to develop him into a 2 guard. I remeber on a report they said his cieling was Russel Westbrook but he will likely be Jerryd Bayless and I Lol'd why on Earth did fans want to draft him again? because hes the great Doc River's son? come on Raptor Nation!

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    Austin Rivers isnt a PG he is an undersized 2, they are trying to develop him into a 2 guard. I remeber on a report they said his cieling was Russel Westbrook but he will likely be Jerryd Bayless and I Lol'd why on Earth did fans want to draft him again? because hes the great Doc River's son? come on Raptor Nation!
                    I'd say even Jerryd Bayless is being generous. He doesn't have Bayless' speed, which is also related to the fact that he can't D up nearly as well as Bayless (when Bayless focuses and doesn't pick up a foul a minute). Rivers should probably be aiming for being something ilke a Steve Kerr.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I'd say even Jerryd Bayless is being generous. He doesn't have Bayless' speed, which is also related to the fact that he can't D up nearly as well as Bayless (when Bayless focuses and doesn't pick up a foul a minute). Rivers should probably be aiming for being something ilke a Steve Kerr.
                      Thats pretty sad considering all the intangibles he has, being doc's son and all. If he worked hard enough i'm sure he could become a much better player. Seems like a spoiled kid to me, unlike steph curry

Comment

I remember being lambasted when I said that Lowry/Fields was basically equal to Bayless/Johnson. I don't feel bad for saying that at all now.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I remember being lambasted when I said that Lowry/Fields was basically equal to Bayless/Johnson. I don't feel bad for saying that at all now.
                          You think I'm being harsh?

Rivers is averaging 2.9 pts and 1.0 ast in roughly 9.9 minutes of action (all he can earn in a fairly crowded NOP backcourt) shooting 33.3%, 37.5 %3pt, 66.7% ft....that's freakin terrible. His only decent skill is 3 pt shooting. Hence my comparison to Steve Kerr. Rivers will be lucky to carve out such a niche, even if it is a limited one.

Comment

You think I'm being harsh?

Rivers is averaging 2.9 pts and 1.0 ast in roughly 9.9 minutes of action (all he can earn in a fairly crowded NOP backcourt) shooting 33.3%, 37.5 %3pt, 66.7% ft....that's freakin terrible. His only decent skill is 3 pt shooting. Hence my comparison to Steve Kerr. Rivers will be lucky to carve out such a niche, even if it is a limited one.
                            Not disagreeing at all, was just saying that a ton of people around these parts thought KL was the answer at PG. I never thought that was the case for a minute. I also didn't think losing JJ for Fields would be much of a factor either. I'm taliking about the two comparisons position-by-position wise. I still like Fields better than JJ, but just never bought the hype about Kyle Lowwwwwry

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Thats pretty sad considering all the intangibles he has, being doc's son and all. If he worked hard enough i'm sure he could become a much better player. Seems like a spoiled kid to me, unlike steph curry
                              You need tangibles to be successful though. And also, I've never been impressed with Rivers' intangibles. He talks a big game, and knows how to say the right things, but that's it. He's an arrogant dumbass I think, and agree with you that he seems spoiled. He doesn't have his Dad's character. Shit, going back to my comparison he doesn't even have Kerr's intangibles. Kerr was a real pro. He'd have to be to get such a long career with basically no physical talent and only one solid tangible skill (shooting).

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Not disagreeing at all, was just saying that a ton of people around these parts thought KL was the answer at PG. I never thought that was the case for a minute. I also didn't think losing JJ for Fields would be much of a factor either. I'm taliking about the two comparisons position-by-position wise. I still like Fields better than JJ, but just never bought the hype about Kyle Lowwwwwry
                                Ok. Wasn't too sure what you meant.

...Well Lowry's a better starting PG than Bayless. That wasn't a great comparison. They have similar skills for sure, except that Lowry's probably slightly better across the board, and a much better PG in terms of being your floor general and running offence (even if he is still not excellent there). Bayless is a SG in a PG's body...he's a natural born chucker

Comment

Working...
                                X