Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering what you all think.

Hey guys, I'm new to Raptors Republic.

So, I know MU has been talking a couple of teams about Lowry for a trade and I've got some ideas I want you all to talk about.

To New York: Lowry
    To Toronto: Felton, Shumpert, Tim Hardaway JR. And a 2018 first round pick.

Then since nobody wants Felton..

To Golden State: Felton
    To Toronto: Ezeli, Bazemore, and Nedovic and any second round pick.

Or..

To Brooklyn: Felton
    To Toronto: Teletovic, Taylor, Bogdanovic and any kind of second round pick they have.

Just want to know what you guys think.

New york will only give up one of Shump, TH Jr., and pick. But it seems they are reluctant to give up any of them

Comment

Dolan's too scared to be punked by Ujiri again.

Comment

Felton has negative value at this point. New Jersey and Golden State won't want to actually give up anything other than an expiring to acquire him. We can't have our cake and eat it too (because in all likelihood, Felton has already gotten to it).

Comment

ddaylewis wrote: View Post
          Felton has negative value at this point. New Jersey and Golden State won't want to actually give up anything other than an expiring to acquire him. We can't have our cake and eat it too (because in all likelihood, Felton has already gotten to it).
          I'd be happy with an expiring assuming the 2018 first came back.

I've got little to no interest in Shumpert or Hardaway Jr.

I think Ross is better than Hardaway Jr. and Shumpert won't be the player he was on pace to be pre injury.

Comment

I think the forecast of the trade to NYK is possible smoke screen. If were smart he goes to the west cause he will torch us in NYK. I know everyone wants the top 5 pick and all but that's not even close to realistic, no one is giving that up maybe MIL but that would be it.

The trade to NYK could be to allow for a secondary trade to OKC for a pic, but as we all know they have dal and their own and both would be outside the lottery. How stupid would we look trading for shump, he then goes to OKC AND Wins. All for a late pic in the draft.

This draft realistically has 5-6 immediate impact players, out side of that your going to have a few surprises, but it's not like the daft has 15-20 allstar calibre players, as much as people think. If your not in the top 5, then expect a trade on draft night. MU will continue to stockpile for the shot at wiggins. That's the ultimate goal, him and him alone if we don't get him them, then the secondary options are great as well.

But to say we need to sell everyone for these late first rounders is crazy. The way the team has been playing since the trade we will be in the playoffs, with or without Lowery.

MU has created a young atmosphere, with players trying to shut all us fans up, the ones that want the tank option to be the only one.

What if we unload everyone for these pics and then we end up with 16, 18 and 20 something. Just a hypothetical question.
            Do we get our allstar? no do we get a solid player who knows? We have some good hunry players here, LOYLAL one as well very hard to find. I know we say bye bye DD but I know everyone around the league knows he is improved and continuing to do so. Crazy to sell now for a shot at a late pick. Because no one is giving away a top 5 pick for anything.

I am glad to say that this trade and the future ones will continue to make us better and more competitive, acquiring assets in the meantime and allowing our guys to produce, or at least the chance to.

I hope the real fans want to see the playoff drought stopped and team capable of having a chance to win, that's all that is needed. No matter if we get the superstar or not, if it's not an international player I don't see any of the American kids staying anyway no matter who we would get. But the playoffs every year is better than droughts and waiting for the next kid, who thinks he deserves the world and not work for it, comes along. Wiggins is slipping in our favor as Kansas isn't doing that well, so I believe that kid will be here next year. Everyone loves offense, that's why Parker, Exum Smart and randle will all go ahead of him, possibly even Embiid. That's is how you capitalizes not giving everything up now for a chance at getting him.

We can still win and be in the lottery as opposed to the Tanking strategy, simply because MU will have assets to trade, and a couple of extra pics to sweeten deals.

But the NYK trade is just that, acquiring assets to force peoples hands, and turning and flipping them for pics on draft night. Possibly even now.

And as much as everyone says let DD go, he has been playing well, accumulating assists and rebs that everyone said he couldn't do last week.

I don't think he is as available as everyone thinks, cause he has lots of room left to improve, is Hungry and wants to be here.

Say a trade goes through with GS. no pic in involved for Ross, Lowery for barnes and someone else to fill the roster. I believe we get to the playoffs possibly someone steps up, we surprise most people. Does this get us the pic hell no, but it improves our chances of getting it with players that have produced, and sweeteners to throw in.

That's the strategy I think MU is going with all the while gouging other teams for pics and prospects along the way.
            Unleashing the fire sale on everything keeps u right were we are average.

Comment

Isaiah Thomas reports today on Gametime DD is taking his game to a whole new level since the Rudy trade. Hope the haters like that one. Why can't we see this, as the rest of the league is taking notice.

Comment

ddaylewis wrote: View Post
                I don't think they would want to give an expiring either. He's injured and not playing well even when healthy.

Comment

I don't understand why New York would even consider this trade. Lowry is okay but definitely not so good that he should command Shumpert or Hardaway and a 2018 1st rounder in addition to Felton. After all Lowry may not even re-sign with the team.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                    Hey guys, I'm new to Raptors Republic.

So, I know MU has been talking a couple of teams about Lowry for a trade and I've got some ideas I want you all to talk about.

To New York: Lowry
                    To Toronto: Felton, Shumpert, Tim Hardaway JR. And a 2018 first round pick.

Then since nobody wants Felton..

To Golden State: Felton
                    To Toronto: Ezeli, Bazemore, and Nedovic and any second round pick.

Or..

To Brooklyn: Felton
                    To Toronto: Teletovic, Taylor, Bogdanovic and any kind of second round pick they have.

Just want to know what you guys think.
                    Felton is huge drag for anyone trading with NY.

Comment

delman21 wrote: View Post
                      Isaiah Thomas reports today on Gametime DD is taking his game to a whole new level since the Rudy trade. Hope the haters like that one. Why can't we see this, as the rest of the league is taking notice.
                      When we traded for Gay last year, Kenny Smith said that if we had that roster from the beginning of the season, we would have been in the Top 4 in the East. I don't really value what a lot of those high-profile analysts say about the Raptors, because they just don't watch our games except for highlights. So let's not get too excited.

Comment

Working...
                      X