Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Suns looking to trade picks in 2014 draft

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Starter Shrub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Gah. People that say this infuriate me so much.

    If we're not allowed to try and predict what moves MU will make, or bring up hypothetical situations for discussion, then what's the point of a forum?
    That's not the point.
    There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
    Did you read the context?

    Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
    When we don't know what the plan is.

    So...Nosike is spot.
    You're talking about something else.

  2. Like Masai Ujiri liked this post
  3. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    That's not the point.
    There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
    Did you read the context?

    Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
    When we don't know what the plan is.

    So...Nosike is spot.
    You're talking about something else.
    Thank you, this is exactly what I was saying.

    Yeah it's fun to PRETEND to be the GM and come up with hypothetical moves.

    But people here need to stop saying, "Oh well Ujiri would never do that because that's not part of his plan!". Like lolwut? Does he e-mail you his plan after work or what?

  4. #63
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    That's not the point.
    There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
    Did you read the context?

    Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
    When we don't know what the plan is.

    So...Nosike is spot.
    You're talking about something else.
    Whoops. Thanks for clarifying.

    I think ball4life is assuming just because of the media attention surrounding this team and tanking. That's certainly what would affect my thinking.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  5. Like Shrub liked this post
  6. #64
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    That's not the point.
    There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
    Did you read the context?

    Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
    When we don't know what the plan is.

    So...Nosike is spot.
    You're talking about something else.
    i guess this article on NBA.com sort of clarifies my view on the situation. people here have to stop taking things so personal. we should all agree we have no inside information on the situion. just taking information from media on their fair value.

    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/1...=iref:nbahpt6c

  7. #65
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For the record to all the derozan haters… this is what Doc Rivers one of the best coaches said about him.

    "I don't think people notice him—not because they are in Toronto, but because of their record," Rivers said. "I think people are sleeping on him a lot. I think he adds stuff every year. Early on, he was basically a kamikaze driver—that's what we labeled him as, early on. Now, he gets to the line. He makes jump shots. He defends. He's a total basketball player."

    Just sayin… he's a guy id be happy to go forward with.

  8. Like Superjudge, stooley liked this post
  9. #66
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    5,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    For the record to all the derozan haters… this is what Doc Rivers one of the best coaches said about him.

    "I don't think people notice him—not because they are in Toronto, but because of their record," Rivers said. "I think people are sleeping on him a lot. I think he adds stuff every year. Early on, he was basically a kamikaze driver—that's what we labeled him as, early on. Now, he gets to the line. He makes jump shots. He defends. He's a total basketball player."

    Just sayin… he's a guy id be happy to go forward with.
    Derozan is a second or third option on a contender. So if derozan does stay he cannot be the go to guy in the future

  10. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Derozan is a second or third option on a contender. So if derozan does stay he cannot be the go to guy in the future
    Exactly. Derozan would be an excellent Westbrook/Griffin/Wade on a smaller contract.

    Note: obviously I would trade him for those guys with the exception of Wade, but his contract is very reasonable.

  11. #68
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    5,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Derozan would be an excellent Westbrook/Griffin/Wade on a smaller contract.

    Note: obviously I would trade him for those guys with the exception of Wade, but his contract is very reasonable.
    Its Masai job to go find that lebron, Durant, C.Paul through the draft or free agency ( much harder since Toronto isn't a destination for big free agent's)

  12. #69
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Derozan would be an excellent Westbrook/Griffin/Wade on a smaller contract.

    Note: obviously I would trade him for those guys with the exception of Wade, but his contract is very reasonable.
    comparing DD to the bold is a reach... DD is stellar this year... if we continue to win he should make the all star team.. but the guys in bold are franchise talent on their own, super stardom, they're only caught behind other dominating superstar talents.

    DD is ripping it this year... i didnt see it comming, but you are right he is a second/third banana behind another superstar talent if he keeps playing like this.

  13. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    comparing DD to the bold is a reach... DD is stellar this year... if we continue to win he should make the all star team.. but the guys in bold are franchise talent on their own, super stardom, they're only caught behind other dominating superstar talents.

    DD is ripping it this year... i didnt see it comming, but you are right he is a second/third banana behind another superstar talent if he keeps playing like this.
    Yes you're right. I dont think Wade is still a franchise talent with this knees acting up, but whatever.

    Westbrook is way better than Derozan. But I don't know if you necessarily need a guy as good as Westbrook to play second fiddle.

    Basically: I think we agree

  14. #71
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People wont realize how good he is till he goes to another team and kills us. Even when DeMar is playing at a high level like he has been and consistent at that people say trade trade ***. You dont trade a guy that gets better every season, wants to be in Toronto for a Rookie gamble, Ujiri should be thinking these guys (JV and DeMar) are the only guys I see on this Raptors team for years to come unless there is a ridiculous deal he cant say no to involving one of them.

  15. #72
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Whoops. Thanks for clarifying.

    I think ball4life is assuming just because of the media attention surrounding this team and tanking. That's certainly what would affect my thinking.
    I wonder if MU is leading media to believe he is in full tank mode but has other plans....

  16. #73
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I wonder if MU is leading media to believe he is in full tank mode but has other plans....
    The problem with being in tank mode is I'd think it would decrease the value of your players. Teams probably know they can low ball you.

    Edit: on second thought though, MU doesn't mess around. he drives a hard bargain no matter what

  17. #74
    Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Yes you're right. I dont think Wade is still a franchise talent with this knees acting up, but whatever.

    Westbrook is way better than Derozan. But I don't know if you necessarily need a guy as good as Westbrook to play second fiddle.

    Basically: I think we agree
    I don't think Westbrook is WAY better than Derozan. The intangible shit beyond stats is important, DD is a great tea player, and a hard worked. And his numbers..... I dunno, is he THAT far behind Westbrook there?

  18. #75
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I don't think Westbrook is WAY better than Derozan. The intangible shit beyond stats is important, DD is a great tea player, and a hard worked. And his numbers..... I dunno, is he THAT far behind Westbrook there?
    I think if you put Westbrook on the raps as is, we'd be a contender.

  19. #76
    Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Playing PG?

    Keep DD.

    Ya, that would be nice

  20. #77
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    5,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Playing PG?

    Keep DD.

    Ya, that would be nice
    Yeah but its never gonna happen ahah

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •