Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 344

Thread: Chicago Bulls 14 December 2013

  1. #281
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    too bad T ross's hopes for consistency just went out the window in this game

  2. #282
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    3-1
    Correct.

    Rudy was such a big part of game plan that should only be a matter of time before teams adapt and scouting reports are updated.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  3. #283
    Raptors Republic Starter Shrub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Really liked what I saw out of JV tonight.
    I love that he raged right through the closing seconds.
    That may have been the best game of his career, and it wasn't good enough for him.
    I like that a lot.
    Great sign.

    And Patterson as well.
    His shot is smooth, he can move well with the ball, and his defense was absolutely perfect at times.
    Anybody else notice that?
    I mean perfect.

    I think Vasquez is an excellent point-guard for us right now.
    He will help to establish an offensive system that flows through the bigs.
    Amir is hugging him right now.

    And on that note - Amir's stock is through the fucking roof.
    I don't want to trade this guy.
    Mysterious injury please.

  4. #284
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's really sad the see that Rudy was actually THE problem. Casey has to take some blame too but no where near as much as I thought he would need to take. It probably was like 85-90% Rudy's fault. How one man could kill ball movement the way he did is astonishing.

  5. #285
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    10,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Atleast the Rudy Gay era was better then the Bargnani era for me atleast
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

  6. #286
    Raptors Republic Starter Shrub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Correct.

    Rudy was such a big part of game plan that should only be a matter of time before teams adapt and scouting reports are updated.
    Dude come oooooonnnnnn.

  7. #287
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Lowry gets traded, he should get an applause when he returns to the ACC. I've come to like the guy and his play

  8. Like caccia, isaacthompson liked this post
  9. #288
    Raptors Republic Starter Shrub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    too bad T ross's hopes for consistency just went out the window in this game
    Yeah?

    I thought he played fine.

    It's funny you say that.

    His shot selection was a little off (I think his confidence was a little too high, frankly), but otherwise I continue to be impressed by his development.
    It seems to me that he gets a better sense for the court every game.

    What didn't you like from him tonight?

  10. #289
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree Ross found a different way to help the team win without scoring the ball.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  11. #290
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not a good night for the tankers. The competition stepped up. Bring on Sunday.

  12. #291
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    Yeah?

    I thought he played fine.

    It's funny you say that.

    His shot selection was a little off (I think his confidence was a little too high, frankly), but otherwise I continue to be impressed by his development.
    It seems to me that he gets a better sense for the court every game.

    What didn't you like from him tonight?
    i see he improved a bit during the night. when i was watching he was something like 2/10. he had good rebounding and assist numbers in this game too. so i take some critique back. he didn't do as bad as i thought.

  13. #292
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    Yeah?

    I thought he played fine.

    It's funny you say that.

    His shot selection was a little off (I think his confidence was a little too high, frankly), but otherwise I continue to be impressed by his development.
    It seems to me that he gets a better sense for the court every game.

    What didn't you like from him tonight?
    I agree and like 2 or 3 of Terrence's shots were with the clock running down and he had to do something, which is not his game.

  14. #293
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I agree and like 2 or 3 of Terrence's shots were with the clock running down and he had to do something, which is not his game.
    Yet :P

  15. #294
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i have to add that in the last philly match, it was probably the first time for a whole game that i saw t ross not looking completely lost on the court.

  16. #295
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    T-minus 20 minutes.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  17. #296
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i have to add that in the last philly match, it was probably the first time for a whole game that i saw t ross not looking completely lost on the court.
    T Ross is actually a much better player than people give him credit for. The dude is extremely talented, he's quiet and calm. He's someone i want the Raptors to keep unless someone offers up a 1st rounder for him

  18. #297
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i have to say that despite being on the tanker side, the last couple of games have actually been *fun* to watch. i didn't expect raptors to win tonight. a lot of last years unexpected wins were only because of random scrub players like AA or JLIII suddenly having hot hands and singlehandedly winning some tough games for the raptors.

    tonight, no one specific really took over. everyone had a great combined effort and actually played ball together, rather than trouncing down the court as 5 individuals fumbling the ball and hoping it randomly goes in somehow.

  19. #298
    Raptors Republic All-Star themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i have to say that despite being on the tanker side, the last couple of games have actually been *fun* to watch. i didn't expect raptors to win tonight. a lot of last years unexpected wins were only because of random scrub players like AA or JLIII suddenly having hot hands and singlehandedly winning some tough games for the raptors.

    tonight, no one specific really took over. everyone had a great combined effort and actually played ball together, rather than trouncing down the court as 5 individuals fumbling the ball and hoping it randomly goes in somehow.
    Problem is (depending on your stance I suppose), that means the team is actually good. Not Western Conference good. But .500 good at least. They aren't winning by fluke from what I can tell.

    This kind of play is entirely sustainable, it's the kind of play that won us a bunch of games in 06/07 (and of course the kind of play that had us bounced in the first round).

  20. #299
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Problem is (depending on your stance I suppose), that means the team is actually good. Not Western Conference good. But .500 good at least. They aren't winning by fluke from what I can tell.

    This kind of play is entirely sustainable, it's the kind of play that won us a bunch of games in 06/07 (and of course the kind of play that had us bounced in the first round).
    i totally agree its a problem. i also expect patterson to sputter out and salmons to be useless again (look at any kings fan forum and they're all super glad hes gone). so far we beat some shitty teams and a good team with key injured players. despite all the ball movement, we didn't beat the one good team in this run: the spurs.

  21. #300
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i totally agree its a problem. i also expect patterson to sputter out and salmons to be useless again (look at any kings fan forum and they're all super glad hes gone). so far we beat some shitty teams and a good team with key injured players. despite all the ball movement, we didn't beat the one good team in this run: the spurs.
    If we had lost by a few points to the Spurs, I might have more faith in the current team as a legitimate contender. But the thing is we got completely outplayed and blown out. :\

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •