Toronto-Atlanta-Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto-Atlanta-Houston

I posted this in another thread but made one change: Atlanta's pick is not 2014 but 2015. Brooklyn could be a spectacular mess next year with injury history of Williams and Lopez plus their supporting cast (Garnett, Terry, JJ) all another year older.

If the rumours of Asik to Atlanta are true, Atlanta is looking at competing now. They would look to move Horford to his natural PF position and slide Asik in at C. Asik would give them the defensive presence to guard Hibbert. They'd have an edge at PG, PF, and hopefully Hibbert would be neutralized. Korver/DD wing pairing are perfectly complimentary on offense.

What if the Raptors acted as a 3rd team?

Raptors: Brand, Schroeder, 2015 first from Atlanta (right to swap with Brooklyn)
    Hawks: DeRozan, Asik, Jones
    Rockets: Millsap, Novak, OKC 2014 2nd

Would the Hawks take DeRozan, Asik, and Terrence Jones for Millsap, Brand, Schroeder, and 2015 first?

Atlanta:

PG: Teague, Williams, Mack
    SG: DeRozan, Martin
    SF: Korver, Carroll
    PF: Horford, Jones
    C: Asik, Ayon

Raps get Schroeder, 2015 pick (either ATL/BKN), save $6.8M in salary this season, and take $13.3M off books for next season/$9.5M off for 2015-16 and 2016-17.

Raptors*:

PG: Vasquez, Schroeder, Buycks
    SG: Ross, Salmons, Stone
    SF: Fields, Daye
    PF: Amir, Patterson, 'Bro
    C: JV, Brand, Hayes

*I'm assuming Lowry is gone.

Yep, I like this a lot. I like how those players fit for Atlanta, and I love Millsap in Houston. I'm not sure if Houston would be willing to include Jones in this deal, but if not then I guess it could be changed by Houston sending a pick to Toronto and Atlanta keeping their pick.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      Yep, I like this a lot. I like how those players fit for Atlanta, and I love Millsap in Houston. I'm not sure if Houston would be willing to include Jones in this deal, but if not then I guess it could be changed by Houston sending a pick to Toronto and Atlanta keeping their pick.
      Noooooooooooooooo!

Whole point of trade.

High ceiling prospect and high probability higher end 1st round pick for DeRozan or keep shopping!

Comment

Good point on Jones though.

Maybe remove Jones and send Motiejunas to Atlanta.

Comment

Oh. I don't think Atlanta's pick could be in the first half. Although maybe a trade like that backfires and then who knows.

As currently constructed, I'd say 16 is probably the ceiling for that pick. More likely around 19. Houston is probably around 25.

But yep, there's a gap and it's worth exploring. Maybe Motiejunas, or maybe their 2013 pick Canaan. He's looking very well in the D-League but Houston certainly don't have any minutes for another point guard in their rotation right now.

Comment

Oh. I don't think Atlanta's pick could be in the first half. Although maybe a trade like that backfires and then who knows.

As currently constructed, I'd say 16 is probably the ceiling for that pick. More likely around 19. Houston is probably around 25.

But yep, there's a gap and it's worth exploring. Maybe Motiejunas, or maybe their 2013 pick Canaan. He's looking very well in the D-League but Houston certainly don't have any minutes for another point guard in their rotation right now.
            Atlanta has the right to swap with Brooklyn in 2014 and 2015

2014 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
            Atlanta has the right to swap its 2014 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2014 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]; Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Boston

2015 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
            Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Atlanta has the right to swap with Brooklyn in 2014 and 2015

2014 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
              Atlanta has the right to swap its 2014 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2014 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]; Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Boston

2015 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
              Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]
              I see, I'm not sure why I thought this is 2014 Atlanta pick we are talking about. Now I see why you had Jones in the deal.

I don't know how to value this deal in that case. I wouldn't give a lottery pick + Schroeder + a lot of salary flexibility for DeMar. But this is a maybe lottery pick that will likely be a non-lottery pick, so who knows. Most GMs set protections for that sort of picks.

Comment

Working...
              X