Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your price on Amir?

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I want what you're drinking.

1) How does it make this team better?
    This team sucks. You might as well try and do something.

2) You're going to get a franchise changer with a late lotto pick? Really?

In the last 15 years
    Dirk Nowitzki (9)
    Paul Pierce (10)
    Shawn Marion (9)
    Ron Artest (16)
    Joe Johnson (10)
    Zach Randolph (19)
    Amare Stoudemire (9)
    David West (18)
    Andre Iguodala (9)
    Al Jefferson (15)
    Josh Smith (17)
    Andrew Bynum (10)
    Danny Granger (17)
    Rudy Gay (8)
    Joakim Noah (9)
    Brook Lopez (10)
    Roy Hibbert (17)
    Steph Curry (7)
    Jrue Holiday (17)
    Ty Lawson (18)
    Paul George (10)
    Eric Bledsoe (18)
    Klay Thompson (11)
    Kwahi Leonard (15)
    Andre Drummond (9)
    Hey buddy, why don't you list all tehe top 15 picks over the last 10-12 years that suck. The list is much larger. Your dramatic effect looks nice, but it holds absolutely......... zip.

If you wanna talk numbers, and percentages on gambles.... you aint' winning this one, especially when the total package you get with Amir is as good or better than a large number of the player you have listed there.

post of the month my ass... hahahaha

2. Like S.R., p00ka, enlightenment liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Post of the MONTH !!!! Next we will hear that Amir is better than these guys ... Seriously, the problem with this franchise is the delusional fans ... You will never hear Laker fans come out and say Nick Young is what you hope your top 10 draft pick becomes in 3 years just because Nick Young is scoring like a man on fire in this crappy laker team now.
    I'm one of um....wanna compare our Basketball qualifications?

Bet I win.

You're an mean person too.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is your goal for this team to "not suck" or to be "great"?

5. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Hey buddy, why don't you list all tehe top 15 picks over the last 10-12 years that suck. The list is much larger. Your dramatic effect looks nice, but it holds absolutely......... zip.

If you wanna talk numbers, and percentages on gambles.... you aint' winning this one, especially when the total package you get with Amir is as good or better than a large number of the player you have listed there.

post of the month my ass... hahahaha
    Yeah I am on Craigs side, the argument fails if for every Paul George there was a Patrick O'Bryant.
    One cannot give us only the successes without giving us the sample size.

Given the list, the range is picks 8-18 (11 picks), and given 15 years. (15 * 11) We have 165 players. I only counted 25 names on that list making a 'success' proportion of: 25/165 = 15.2%

Trade Amir for a 15% chance at any player on that list? No. Never.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I'm one of um....wanna compare our Basketball qualifications?

Bet I win.

You're an mean person too.

"Basketball qualifications"? They're handing out accredited degrees in basketball now?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

8. Like TheGloveinRapsUniform liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Yeah I am on Craigs side, the argument fails if for every Paul George there was a Patrick O'Bryant.

Given the list, the range is picks 8-18 (11 picks), and given 15 years. (15 * 11) We have 165 players. I only counted 25 names on that list making a 'success' proportion of: 25/165 = 15.2%

Exactly what i was getting at. Its easy to use stat to chest pound, but be prepared, internetters are good at tearing stats to pieces. As you just exhibited.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    "Basketball qualifications"? They're handing out accredited degrees in basketball now?
    Well, yes, you mean... you didn't know?

hahaha

rookie.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike James' stats in 05-06 for the Raptors
    20.3 PPG
    5.8 APG
    47% FG
    44% 3pt

basically untradeable if you asked (some of) the members on this board.

12. Like mcHAPPY, Jamshid liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    People are saying they would be ecstatic to get a 5-10 range pick or even a 10-15 pick in exchange for Johnson (some even less, but I'll ignore that for now). Just to put some perspective on the top 10 pick rhetoric:

It's generally agreed that this is the best draft class since 2003, but not as good a draft class as 2003. If you had had a 5-10 pick in 2003 you would have got one of the following 5 players: Dwayne Wade, Chris Kaman, Kirk Hinrich, TJ Ford, Michael Sweetney, Jarvis Hayes.

Only one of those players is currently better than Amir, and its debatable to whether any have ever been as good as Amir is now (never been a huge fan of Kaman but you could maybe make the argument).

If you expand to look at the 10-15 picks you're looking at: Jarvis Hayes, Mikael Pietrus, Nick Collison, Marcus Banks, Luke Ridnour or Reece Gains.

So of the 5 - 15 picks that you all covet so much, in a draft that everyone admits is at most as good as this one, you are likely to get ONE PLAYER better than Amir. That's a 10% chance, but really, it's much worse than that, because only a top 5 pick would have secured you that player.
    I think the biggest appeal to trading Amir for a high draft pick (5-10) range, is that it gives the Raptors the ideal asset to move up in the draft. If the Raptors pick is in a similar range, then offering, say, the 5th and 8th picks might be enough to move up to top 3 (to say nothing of the improved odds of winning in the draft). Would you trade Amir if it was the best play available to go after Wiggins? I don't really believe there's a trade out there for Amir that gets us a top 10 draft pick this year. But if there was, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    tank-agnostic

14. Like Letter N, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is your goal for this team to "not suck" or to be "great"?
    The goal is to be great, and to be great you have to recognize what you have, and understand your own talent. I know that the trade machine on ESPN, and that NBA2K14 are good for kinda playing round with being a GM, but I think we can all agree there are a myriad of different factors one has to consider when building a franchise. If you continually gamble, you can't win, we just tried that for 7 years. At some point you have to exercise restraint, hold on to players that show commitment, effort, efficiency and production. Amir is that guy. What he brings, he brings in spades and the guys is only 26 and has a decent contract, locked in.

Nope. You don't trade the guy, unless its for a VERY high pick (unlikely) or a KNOWN commodity.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think any picks regardless of where it lands, whether its 15 or 5 is an asset worth pursuing for Amir... Personally I believe in Masai's draft decisions. For example: a 5th overall pick in the hands of Cavs GM (Mr Grant) and a 15th overall pick in Masai's hand might just have the same value if not a better pick for Masai. It's not so much of where the pick is, it's what we do with that pick.
    Also, The 12th overall pick from Raps sweeten the pot for OKC in the Harden deal... Anyone think Lowry instead of that pick would have done the same?

Basically what I am trying to say is any first round pick or any young movable rookie contract assets is worth pursuing for Amir... Let the bashing unravel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Like Superjudge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

20.3 PPG
    5.8 APG
    47% FG
    44% 3pt

Oh my.

He wa salso a hog, a black hole of epic proportions. he also complaine dthat he didn't make enough to feed his family, he also pissed his mates quite a bit with his "star" attitude, he also.... ugh, shit really? Are you really using Mike fucking James as a comparison to Amir Johnson?

You wanna talk Crazu pills..... your posting like Derek Fucking Zoolander Himself.... "A READING CENTER FOR ANTS????"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    I think any picks regardless of where it lands, whether its 15 or 5 is an asset worth pursuing for Amir... Personally I believe in Masai's draft decisions. For example: a 5th overall pick in the hands of Cavs GM (Mr Grant) and a 15th overall pick in Masai's hand might just have the same value if not a better pick for Masai. It's not so much of where the pick is, it's what we do with that pick.
    Also, The 12th overall pick from Raps sweeten the pot for OKC in the Harden deal... Anyone think Lowry instead of that pick would have done the same?

Basically what I am trying to say is any first round pick or any young movable rookie contract assets is worth pursuing for Amir... Let the bashing unravel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am no tbashing you rpost because you post brings up an interesting wrinkle. i agree.

but that assumes we know what the great UM has got spinning about in his big brain.... In a scenario like the one you presented, you'r elooking at trading him for a pick you can spin into a top pick.... well there ya go. Diff route to get exactly where we say we'd have to go to trade him, and thats a very high pick.

Good call though.... i likey

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This was on hoops hype today about Amir and Jonas, I am not a subscriber so cant read the full article.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be that there is way more going on behind the scene than we think. But as we should know by now MU will get at least their value probably more. I am not worried in the least about getting our return now. Even though there are some guys I want to see stay, MU gets a lot more than anyone expects.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was a top 10 pick then I would definitely entertain the idea of flipping that for Amir.. the reason is because I have faith in the new GM and assistant GM to scout and draft well. For all the boneheaded picks in the top 10 you also have to determine who the GM was at the time and the quality of that draft class.

I really like Amir but he's also a really good asset. I don't think the Raptors are a contender in 2 years. When Amir's contract expires he might consider coming back to Toronto if he liked playing here so much.

The question really though is would a bottom 10 team want Amir? I don't think they would. Amir is a better asset in a trade for a talented player (as an example, Amir and filler for Love).

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote delman21 wrote: View Post
    This was on hoops hype today about Amir and Jonas, I am not a subscriber so cant read the full article.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors
    "It would take a pretty 'high draft' pick to pry away Amir" Interesting. I guess i underestimated Amir's value.

But you know what i like? Valanciunas is virtually untouchable.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

20.3 PPG
    5.8 APG
    47% FG
    44% 3pt

All Star if you ask them

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha well he had allstar attitude, thats for sure...I actually liked it at the time because the rest of the team were a bunch of massive pussies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

You have a 15% of becoming great or a 100% chance of staying shitty.

Your choice.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information