X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto-Boston Trade thoughts.

How about this.

To Boston: Demar Derozan
    To Toronto: Kris Humphries and a 2014 first round pick.

I like this for Toronto because we get an expiring contract and a pick. I was thinking of putting Wallace instead of Humphries but Wallace's contract is for 3 more years, so no. Basically it's just Derozan for a pick and I love that. Plus, I think it's Ross that we need as our shooting guard of the future. He's shown flashes that he can be really good, he just needs to be consistent.

I like this for Boston because they get a very good shooting guard who would be great in the backcourt (The alley-oops) with Rondo and on the wings with Green. They also lose a big contract and that's good.

I find this great for both teams, what do you all think?

I actually think DeMar's value could be higher, at least in the right deal....Say if a team has multiple 2014 picks, maybe you can also get a young player (doesn't have to have all-star potential) on a rookie deal and an expiring on top of a pick. DeMar's value has to be at it's highest right now. Dude is playing great basketball.

Comment

I don't think Boston would want to trade their 1st round pick in 2014
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
        I don't think Boston would want to trade their 1st round pick in 2014
        Why? They're not tanking ...

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
          Why? They're not tanking ...
          Just because you aren't tanking, it doesn't mean that they will trade their first round pick in a stacked draft.

Comment

I also think Demar is worth more, especially considering that Boston could very well end up as the division winner and ultimately have a draft position that isn't so appealing. Unless they have another pick that looks good, but either way, Demar is worth more than a single 1st rounder IMO.

Comment

Why would we do this...

Comment

There is talk of Ainge blowing it up with Rondo going to Sac to play with friend rudy the black hole.

So not sure a trade to have DD come back and get his for the next 4 years would be best for us.

Boston will continue to win even if they trade him anyways just my thoughts.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I actually think DeMar's value could be higher, at least in the right deal....Say if a team has multiple 2014 picks, maybe you can also get a young player (doesn't have to have all-star potential) on a rookie deal and an expiring on top of a pick. DeMar's value has to be at it's highest right now. Dude is playing great basketball.
                  So... Pheonix?
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    So... Pheonix?
                    Agreed Phoenix is our best shot. DD is exactly what they are looking for, he could become an all star or at least be border line. Given his contract it's a good deal for them. On a team like phoenix be might even get away paying as a 3 if they can hide him on D
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

To Toronto: Okafor, Goodwin, Kravtsov, and 2014 first round pick
                      To Phoenix: Derozan, Novak and Daye.

Toronto gets two expirings ending this season, an asset, and a pick.
                      Phoenix gets an emerging star/all star hopeful, three point shooter, and Daye(whom they can waive, I think.)

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                        To Toronto: Okafor, Goodwin, Kravtsov, and 2014 first round pick
                        To Phoenix: Derozan, Novak and Daye.

Toronto gets two expirings ending this season, an asset, and a pick.
                        Phoenix gets an emerging star/all star hopeful, three point shooter, and Daye(whom they can waive, I think.)
                        Phoenix would probably do this trade
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                        X