Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's really to blame for the Knick's disappointing season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with the Knicks starts and ends with Dolan.

I've always maintained that coaches don't really have that much of an impact. Fire the coach doesn't change the players on the court. Doesn't mean that Woodson won't get fired, because it's not like Dolan going to do the smart thing, like fire himself.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

He could've been joking I guess. i didn't watch it. This is the type of situation where seeing facial expression would tell much more than a tweet.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          He could've been joking I guess. i didn't watch it. This is the type of situation where seeing facial expression would tell much more than a tweet.

Comment

Dolan. Think of him as a Jerry Jones messing clone...with a cherry. At least Jerry publicly considers himself as the GM of the Cowboys while Dolan messes with the guys he hires. Donnie Walsh got the team out of the cap and personnel mess that Isiah brought about and then overruled him on the Melo transaction. He has a printing press for his revenue (the cable network his dad built and the MSG network) where the monthly cable fees come in like clockwork each month (think Rogers on steroids).

Comment

Donnie Walsh has to take his share of responsibility as well, though. He missed on the Amar'e signing and to make matters worse, he wasted the amnesty. He picked up Billups option and then a few months later used amnesty on him. It's so idiotic.

Maybe that's Dolan too, we will never know. Either way, that was their worst decision.

The Amar'e signing I can understand. Amar'e was coming off a great healthy season. Sometimes you have to take risks on superstars. Fair enough.

Melo trade, I can also somewhat understand. They could've gotten him cheaper, most likely. But I don't think they could've gotten him in free agency. Ujiri was determined to make a trade. Melo would probably end up in Brooklyn and sign an extension.

But throwing away the amnesty safety I can't understand. That was simply inexcusable. Imagine if they keep flexibility, amnesty Amare and sign Iguodala this summer. Sign good bench players.

Comment

The Italian Defense ?

This is one funny sequence where I am unsure whether it is Prigioni or Bargnani on the defensive rotation who is to blame and left Deron W. for an open j. And then for the classic Melo reaction ! And you all think we have problems?

http://deadspin.com/the-2013-2014-ne...one-1505293263

Comment

yeah that was Prigioni, I don't know what he was thinking leaving his man, he wasn't picked at all it seems. He just runs off in the opposite direction.

Bargnani is just showing how slow his help D reactions are, but he is sticking to his man.

Oh you know what? As I type this, I wonder if they were trying to go zone and Prigioni got really confused with his placement.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Dolan.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Beno Udrih reportedly asked for a trade. All of the lolz.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Comment

masai killed the knicks

Comment

Dolan. The worst owner in the NBA!

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              masai killed the knicks
                              But but he's given them there two best players!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                masai killed the knicks
                                That's like saying a gentle breeze killed the house of cards.

EDIT: That's not jab at Masai, he's doing well...

Comment

Working...
                                X