Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toronto interested in Jordan Crawford?

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way id do that is if its crawford for lowry and 1st round pick in 2015 or later cuz boston not giving up there 2014 first rounder
    "You know the game is over when you're starters are throwing shirts into the crowd"

- Sixers commentator

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    LOL. Why? JC is only 2yrs older than TR. Much better shooter, great ball handler, can create his own shot, can shoot from everywhere. He's a better player than TR man.
    Bold: Really? Stats say no.

Ross is shooting 6% better from 3 than Crawford did in his first two seasons. Even including all 4 of Crawford's seasons, Ross is shooting 3% better. He's also shooting better in 2Pt%.

Since all of the attributes you pointed out can be attributed to scoring, riddle me this:

Ross: In 5 games started over his 2-year career, 15 PPG on 44% from the field and 48% from 3.
    Crawford: In 86 games started over his 4-year career, 16.5 PPG on 40% from the field and 30% from 3.

I would argue that your "JC is only two years older than Ross" statement is actually countering your own argument. Ross has already shown the ability to produce at a higher rate, especially in the starting lineup, and he's still 2 years younger.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Ross is shooting 6% better from 3 than Crawford did in his first two seasons. Even including all 4 of Crawford's seasons, Ross is shooting 3% better. He's also shooting better in 2Pt%.

Since all of the attributes you pointed out can be attributed to scoring, riddle me this:

Ross: In 5 games started over his 2-year career, 15 PPG on 44% from the field and 48% from 3.
    Crawford: In 86 games started over his 4-year career, 16.5 PPG on 40% from the field and 30% from 3.

I would argue that your "JC is only two years older than Ross" statement is actually countering your own argument. Ross has already shown the ability to produce at a higher rate, especially in the starting lineup, and he's still 2 years younger.
    Not to mention the fact that Ross isn't a meat head. He's also more athletic and a better defender.
    So JC can fuck off lol
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Big fan of Crawford. But who do we give up?? not trading JV, DD or Amir for him for obvious reasons. And obviously no way i trade our 1st rd pick for him.

Ross for Crawford??

No..................

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Not to mention the fact that Ross isn't a meat head. He's also more athletic and a better defender.
    So JC can fuck off lol
    No one gives Ross enough credit for his brain. This dude is aware and professional. The issue is sometimes he is too aware, and when you struggle sometimes you prefer ignorance. I think he will get confidence underneath him, and then we will see some above-average basketball IQ from him.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

6. Like chch166 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're trading for any ball hogs I'd prefer it be Waiters

8. Like japetas, chch166 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiters said he wants out of cleveland because he thought he was gonna be the franchise guy on that team lool he dosent realize that kyrie irving is a lot better then him
    "You know the game is over when you're starters are throwing shirts into the crowd"

- Sixers commentator

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Until there's mention of who would be going back, speculating is kind of pointless, other than the raps aren't really in a position to be overly picky when it comes to bringing in young talent.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This trade does not make any sense for Toronto.It will not happen.

Post Thanks / Like

If you just got rid of one ball hog in Gay, why acquire another in Crawford?

Post Thanks / Like

This is perfect for tank nation
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    This is perfect for tank nation
    Not necessarily. I'm pro-tank but I would hate to see Ross go for a guy like Jordan Crawford. Ross is one of the guys we have to keep throughout this process.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

15. Like Uncle_Si liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Boston is in a much better position to improve as a team as long as they have Rondo and Greene. Perhaps they are interested in competing now and are willing to trade their first round pick. DeMar for Crawford and first round pick? Boston gets to compete and toronto makes the tank official.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If this happens, it better not effect his fantasy stats. He's doing a great job for me!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    this is a text book "buy low sell high" move
    Umm no it isn't. Crawford is playing the best ball of his career right now. This is a textbook "buy high sell for nothing" move.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Umm no it isn't. Crawford is playing the best ball of his career right now. This is a textbook "buy high sell for nothing" move.
    I said that from the celtics perspective. They basically got him for a roll of toilet paper.if they flip him now... Guaranteed a pick or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Booooyahhhh!!! I co-sign.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    So JC can fuck off lol
    This!
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Post Thanks / Like

Demar for Crawford and 2014 1st round pick

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Demar for Crawford and 2014 1st round pick
    No thanks. DeMar's value is higher than that I think. Crawford is older and worse than DeMar. And since picks are always protected, you're trading DeMar for a mid-late 1st pretty much. Even the Nets pick that they own probably isn't high enough, since the Nets look like they might be starting to get their act together.

DeMar's playing excellent basketball. It's hopefully something he keeps up the whole season, and honestly, nothing about him has looked "streaky" or "fluky" so far this season, so I'm (cautiously) optimistic he will. Some minimum offers just to even have a real discussion would look like this IMO:

- Expiring contract plus lottery pick
    - Smaller expiring contract, plus younger player with good upside, plus 1st rounder
    - 2 role players on solid deals plus 1st rounder

Still wouldn't want to trade him, but I'd hang up the phone on anybody who didn't at least start with these types of offers.

X-Factor: Given DeMar's excellent character and work ethic, assets coming back would have to present similar qualities. It's risky to subtract some talent in the short term in the hopes ofa long-term trade off....but it's terrible and probably stupid as hell to subtract character when you're trying to build a solid organization at all levels. You build the right culture by getting the right guys top to bottom, from Leiweke down to the last guy on the bench. Can't start giving up guys like DeMar for guys like Jordan Crawford. Those qualities do make a difference, even if it is only slight, in terms of a player's development and in terms of on/off court chemistry. Character won't really overcome a lack of talent, but does help maximize it, while a lack of character can destroy even the most talented guy and ruin team chemistry.

Thread Information