Toronto interested in Jordan Crawford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is perfect for tank nation
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      This is perfect for tank nation
      Not necessarily. I'm pro-tank but I would hate to see Ross go for a guy like Jordan Crawford. Ross is one of the guys we have to keep throughout this process.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Well Boston is in a much better position to improve as a team as long as they have Rondo and Greene. Perhaps they are interested in competing now and are willing to trade their first round pick. DeMar for Crawford and first round pick? Boston gets to compete and toronto makes the tank official.

Comment

If this happens, it better not effect his fantasy stats. He's doing a great job for me!

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
            this is a text book "buy low sell high" move
            Umm no it isn't. Crawford is playing the best ball of his career right now. This is a textbook "buy high sell for nothing" move.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
              Umm no it isn't. Crawford is playing the best ball of his career right now. This is a textbook "buy high sell for nothing" move.
              I said that from the celtics perspective. They basically got him for a roll of toilet paper.if they flip him now... Guaranteed a pick or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Bold: Really? Stats say no.

Ross is shooting 6% better from 3 than Crawford did in his first two seasons. Even including all 4 of Crawford's seasons, Ross is shooting 3% better. He's also shooting better in 2Pt%.

Since all of the attributes you pointed out can be attributed to scoring, riddle me this:

Ross: In 5 games started over his 2-year career, 15 PPG on 44% from the field and 48% from 3.
                Crawford: In 86 games started over his 4-year career, 16.5 PPG on 40% from the field and 30% from 3.

I would argue that your "JC is only two years older than Ross" statement is actually countering your own argument. Ross has already shown the ability to produce at a higher rate, especially in the starting lineup, and he's still 2 years younger.

Booooyahhhh!!! I co-sign.
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Not to mention the fact that Ross isn't a meat head. He's also more athletic and a better defender.
                  So JC can fuck off lol
                  This!
                  The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                  Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                  www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                  http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Demar for Crawford and 2014 1st round pick
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                      Demar for Crawford and 2014 1st round pick
                      No thanks. DeMar's value is higher than that I think. Crawford is older and worse than DeMar. And since picks are always protected, you're trading DeMar for a mid-late 1st pretty much. Even the Nets pick that they own probably isn't high enough, since the Nets look like they might be starting to get their act together.

DeMar's playing excellent basketball. It's hopefully something he keeps up the whole season, and honestly, nothing about him has looked "streaky" or "fluky" so far this season, so I'm (cautiously) optimistic he will. Some minimum offers just to even have a real discussion would look like this IMO:

- Expiring contract plus lottery pick
                      - Smaller expiring contract, plus younger player with good upside, plus 1st rounder
                      - 2 role players on solid deals plus 1st rounder

Still wouldn't want to trade him, but I'd hang up the phone on anybody who didn't at least start with these types of offers.

X-Factor: Given DeMar's excellent character and work ethic, assets coming back would have to present similar qualities. It's risky to subtract some talent in the short term in the hopes ofa long-term trade off....but it's terrible and probably stupid as hell to subtract character when you're trying to build a solid organization at all levels. You build the right culture by getting the right guys top to bottom, from Leiweke down to the last guy on the bench. Can't start giving up guys like DeMar for guys like Jordan Crawford. Those qualities do make a difference, even if it is only slight, in terms of a player's development and in terms of on/off court chemistry. Character won't really overcome a lack of talent, but does help maximize it, while a lack of character can destroy even the most talented guy and ruin team chemistry.

Comment

Wouldn't trading DeMar improve our own chances of having a higher pick? Our pick plus Boston's pick could help us move up the draft or we could land two good players. It would also help eliminate tanking competition.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Wouldn't trading DeMar improve our own chances of having a higher pick? Our pick plus Boston's pick could help us move up the draft or we could land two good players. It would also help eliminate tanking competition.
                          Still, not for Jordan Crawford. People (regardless of tanking view) throw around terms like culture...well you build that by getting the right guys, whether you're winning or losing. Crawford is the wrong guy...

The offer for DeMar has to be very good. It can't be forgotten that if he keeps playing like this, his contract could be considered a bargain as well.

Comment

Only things I want from Boston is RONDO! and possibly Sullinger I'd Say Olynik but we have JV unless we play him at 4 :S

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              No one gives Ross enough credit for his brain. This dude is aware and professional. The issue is sometimes he is too aware, and when you struggle sometimes you prefer ignorance. I think he will get confidence underneath him, and then we will see some above-average basketball IQ from him.
                              You can tell just by listening to his post game interviews and stuff. The dude knows what he's talking about, he's a smart player all he needs is the minutes (which he's getting now that Gay is gone). He looks like he'll be more than just Mo pete 2.0, he has too much talent to just be that. That's probably like worst case scenario, best case is yet to be determined.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                You can tell just by listening to his post game interviews and stuff. The dude knows what he's talking about, he's a smart player all he needs is the minutes (which he's getting now that Gay is gone). He looks like he'll be more than just Mo pete 2.0, he has too much talent to just be that. That's probably like worst case scenario, best case is yet to be determined.
                                Yeah I never new how poised Terrence Ross was until he was given the opportunity and had expectations
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X