Toronto interested in Jordan Crawford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    If this happens, it better not effect his fantasy stats. He's doing a great job for me!
    Second that. Best FA pickup of the season.

Comment

I don't think there's anything to this rumour. I believe Crawford is being shopped and I believe Ujiri is reaching out to a lot of teams right now... Amico probably put the two together and came up with this idea.

Hard to see why the Raptors would want Crawford, and I don't see what they could give up to get him that would interest Boston.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Still, not for Jordan Crawford. People (regardless of tanking view) throw around terms like culture...well you build that by getting the right guys, whether you're winning or losing. Crawford is the wrong guy...

The offer for DeMar has to be very good. It can't be forgotten that if he keeps playing like this, his contract could be considered a bargain as well.
        Yes, it would be for the first round pick belonging to Boston, as well as unloading salary, improving our own pick's position with the ensueing losses, and by default strengthening a fellow tankers team thus removing them from competition of a high draft pick etc, etc.. Wouldn't be the first time a team looking to tank and rebuild traded good players on good contracts.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          You can tell just by listening to his post game interviews and stuff. The dude knows what he's talking about, he's a smart player all he needs is the minutes (which he's getting now that Gay is gone). He looks like he'll be more than just Mo pete 2.0, he has too much talent to just be that. That's probably like worst case scenario, best case is yet to be determined.
          Worst case is not Mo Pete. Worst case is out of the league in 2 years.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Not to mention the fact that Ross isn't a meat head. He's also more athletic and a better defender.
            So JC can fuck off lol
            +1

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Worst case is not Mo Pete. Worst case is out of the league in 2 years.
              Wanna bet? I can guarantee with full confidence that Ross will be in the league for at least a decade, unless he goes down with a freak injury

Comment

apparently everyone is up for grabs.

http://o.canada.com/sports/raptors-w...demar-derozan/

I don't think I can stomach a complete strip down of everyone.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                  apparently everyone is up for grabs.

http://o.canada.com/sports/raptors-w...demar-derozan/

I don't think I can stomach a complete strip down of everyone.
                  That entire article is based on a Chad Ford quote we were discussing last week. Lowry and DeMar have always been the trade chips most likely to go and Jonas/Amir have always been the assets less likely to move, and that's just how it is.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    Demar for Crawford and 2014 1st round pick
                    That would be interesting.....

Comment

i would rather drink my own urine than have him on our team

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                        i would rather drink my own urine than have him on our team
                        I don't think it would happen unless we got more assets out of it because I can't see MU trading for Crawford just for a few months before giving him a pay day.

However, that's a risky gamble to make --- how often did you have to drink your own urine when BC was in charge?

Comment

I cant believe people would even suggest trading ross for Crawford. you give ross consistent minutes he will definitely shine

Comment

I say no to this. I want a very specific type of player...

Basically Kawhi Leonard at the 2, Paul George at the 3, Bulkier Taller Kawhi Leonard at the 4, Rondo at the 1, and a ten foot tall slab of granite as my C.

I mean seriously TRY AND SCORE ON ME!
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              I say no to this. I want a very specific type of player...

Basically Kawhi Leonard at the 2, Paul George at the 3, Bulkier Taller Kawhi Leonard at the 4, Rondo at the 1, and a ten foot tall slab of granite as my C.

I mean seriously TRY AND SCORE ON ME!
                              So basically,

Rondo, Leonard, George, Amir, Pekovic

Oh man, I like that starting lineup... Issue is, it needs 3 point shooting. I would prefer Steph Curry at the 1 for that reason.

Curry, Leonard, George, Amir, Pekovic.

Now thats balanced in all respects.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Has there been much discussion on the contracts here? That has to be considered. Crawford is at the end of a rookie deal, so it would help to include an estimation of what he would be resigned for, if at all. Otherwise he's a payroll dump, which isn't the end of the world.

Despite what some people say, Demar is not playing "excellent" basketball. If you look at his stats, he is about as close to being average at everything as you can find. In that sense he isn't really bad at anything, but certainly does not have any outstanding productive qualities. He is playing excellent basketball compared to his past seasons though, its just that the standard there is really low.

He is also one of the 10 highest paid SG's in the league, which considering the relative weakness of the position, makes his contract more expensive.

Based on the short season so far, with a Crawford trade, you would be getting a guy 9 months older, a slightly better scorer (although on a lower volume), more assists etc, with the major exception of a huge downside if he regresses. Credit to Demar, he seems to get a little better every year, which I think limits his downside risk. With a qualifying offer for JC of around $3m, I think you do the deal (if a mid 1st round pick is included) simply to get the remaining $35m for Demar off the books.

Comment

Working...
                                X