Toronto/ Golden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto/ Golden State

This is a pretty simple trade, I'm not to sure how willing GS would be to move Barnes.

To GS:

Lowry, Our 1st rounder in 2016

To Toronto:

Barnes, Toney Douglas

This trade will give them a backup PG for the often injured Curry, and with AI and Green they have enough wings. The first rounder sweetens the pot, but I still don't think it's enough. I'm not willing to move a 2014, or 2015 pick and the 2016 pick is expendable because we have New Yorks pick that year.

Raptors:

JV
    Amir (FA or draft pick)
    Barnes
    DeRozan, Ross
    Draft Pick, Free Agent, or Vasquez

We have a ton of flexibility this upcoming year with draft picks and cap relief. If we have Barnes we could easily target a starting PF or a PG. IMO this is a good young core going forward.

Ideas are good. MU isn't giving up draft picks though. He's collecting them like a chipmunk collects nuts for winter.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Well Barnes is the young talent you would be lucky to get with our draft pick. Its not bad since we can still draft in 2016 with NYs first rounder.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Is the pick protected? Because if not there's a pretty good chance it could be a lottery pick. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants
        Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          Is the pick protected? Because if not there's a pretty good chance it could be a lottery pick. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants
          I dont think the issue is the protection, the only concern is that if its lower than Denvers pick that year, they have the right to switch picks. So we would have to hope Denver gets blown up soon as well.

Comment

Hm. OK we need to plant a mole and sabotage the nuggets. Anyone know any moles?
            Because its 2015

Comment

I think we might be ale to get him straight up if Ross would be included.

Ross, Lowery, Filler of Day, Buyucks, Stone ( only so salaries can work )
              Douglas, Speights, Barnes

It should work salary wise, if we give up Ross for Barnes
              They get a back up PG, and lethal 6th man and ross to suffice the minutes Barnes would be getting when Iggy comes back. I really don't think either is sacrificing too much to sweeten the deal ross would have to be added. Douglas and Speights were both singed this year and not playing to well for them, so we get cap space at the end of the year. On top of having a good prospect to package if need be. If Barnes doesn't start getting some regular burn he might want a new start.

A combination of Douglas and Vasquez could work not for a championship, but maybe a playoff berth. Barnes depending on production could be packaged for the Wiggins pick. If we do it straight up without any picks we might get it depending on how desperate they are to contend.

Then there is one problem left. Landry's contract.

Comment

delman21 wrote: View Post
                I think we might be ale to get him straight up if Ross would be included.

Ross, Lowery, Filler of Day, Buyucks, Stone ( only so salaries can work )
                Douglas, Speights, Barnes
                " I think we might be able to get him straight up, by not getting him straight up. "

Do you know what the term 'straight-up' means?

Comment

C'mon it's Barnes for nothing!!

I would offer something like that:

Amir+Lowry+2016th pick+2014 2nd rounder+Salary for Barnes and Lee
                  No new friends (c)

Comment

MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
                    C'mon it's Barnes for nothing!!

I would offer something like that:

Amir+Lowry+2016th pick+2014 2nd rounder+Salary for Barnes and Lee
                    No thank you to David Lee in any scenario. Don't need another terrible defensive PF.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      No thank you to David Lee in any scenario. Don't need another terrible defensive PF.
                      Yeah, that's one of a bad sides of this trade. But he's not THAT bad as a guy you're refering to.Plus we still have TH.
                      Another scenario is to give away multiplies future 1st rounders.
                      Last edited by MoscowRussia; Wed Dec 18, 2013, 04:03 AM.
                      No new friends (c)

Comment

MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, that's one of a bad sides of this trade. But he's not THAT bad as a guy you're refering to.Plus we still have TH.
                        Another scenario is to give away multiplies future 1st rounders.
                        He kind of is. He can't guard anyone in the post. He's a hsitty help defender both in the pick'n'roll game and in terms of being a paint protecter. David Lee is one of the worst defensive bigs (that gets regular minutes) in the league today. His rebounding is the only thing keeping him from looking as bad as Bargs.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          He kind of is. He can't guard anyone in the post. He's a hsitty help defender both in the pick'n'roll game and in terms of being a paint protecter. David Lee is one of the worst defensive bigs (that gets regular minutes) in the league today. His rebounding is the only thing keeping him from looking as bad as Bargs.
                          The quastion is does Barnes worth it? what ya think?
                          No new friends (c)

Comment

I would not give up any present or future first round picks for barnes. He is a good solid player and has impressed me but he's not a game changer and not worth any first round picks especially when we are just about to blow the crap out of our team and can expect to be in the lottery for a year or two or three. Just my opinion.

Give away 2nd round picks if you want but I hope MU has his 1st round picks locked away in a heavy duty safe that only he knows the code to and is hidden behind a giant framed picture of Mandela in his office... ...which is only accessible through the secret sliding bookcase door when u pull down on Sun Tzu's "The Art of War".

...for now anyway.

Last edited by Machine; Wed Dec 18, 2013, 07:10 AM.

Comment

What I mean by straight up is no picks involved. I think barnes and ross could cancel each other out, we take douglas for the point guard and speights back. The kicker is lowery to give them a sixth man and contributor off the bench. They get an expiring, prospect back we take 2 contracts that aren't working out the way they, had hoped, plus they expire at season end anyway. They get the better in my opinion, depending on if Barnes would help make a push to the playoffs. Then he still is a piece for future, or trade bait. They have Iggy so barnes will always be coming off the bench. He gets burn here, hopefully improves and gives us a piece or he could blow everyone away who knows but he is a much better prospect than T Ross, if we could swing the deal without giving pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X