Toronto/ Golden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delman21 wrote: View Post
    What I mean by straight up is no picks involved. I think barnes and ross could cancel each other out, we take douglas for the point guard and speights back. The kicker is lowery to give them a sixth man and contributor off the bench. They get an expiring, prospect back we take 2 contracts that aren't working out the way they, had hoped, plus they expire at season end anyway. They get the better in my opinion, depending on if Barnes would help make a push to the playoffs. Then he still is a piece for future, or trade bait. They have Iggy so barnes will always be coming off the bench. He gets burn here, hopefully improves and gives us a piece or he could blow everyone away who knows but he is a much better prospect than T Ross, if we could swing the deal without giving pics.
    HOW?
    TRoss will be an excellent 3 and D guy at best (at least most people here think so). Barnes pottentially an all star.
    No new friends (c)

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Ideas are good. MU isn't giving up draft picks though. He's collecting them like a chipmunk collects nuts for winter.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I think the Barnes Ross deal works for both. Ross is to small to play the 3 he needs atleast another 2 inches, and 20-30 lbs. He would get eaten alive in the post, but could keep up on the perimeter. We get a small forward who comes in and starts helps us get to the playoffs and gives yet another trade piece for draft day. If he plays well, which he should with more minutes, who knows where his ceiling goes. I would love to keep TRoss but he is that same as DD, I don't think he gives us more than demar does right now, so if we could make a playoff run with a young lineup who knows were we end up. Way better off than winning 20 games and a possible 1-7 pick. And nothing to compliment the rook, besides Jonas, we bring in. It leaves us heavy at PF but I have an option read below.

Chicago might be a following option for Carlos. He helps JV down low for sure especially with crafty moves, and offesive game, who knows for some prospects and a future 1st, or possibly a 2nd this year we might be able to get an extra pic for picking up Boozers contract. I definatley don't doubt anything right now with MU.

I honestly think outside of the top 10-12 your not getting a stud, one that produces right away anyway. So if we have pieces and prospects to trade were fine for Wiggins.

I think with the buzz going around, especially PHO willing to dump some pics they have there might be a change of heart from teams especially if your outside the range I mentioned above. I think they mentioned superstar for their pics, but that could be to ward off any bs offers right from the get go.

Comment

Nahhh, I think Ross is a keeper. He's going to be a valuable piece on this team. I think the 2016 pick is far enough away that we should have a few good players coming in the 2014 and 15 drafts. We still have one draft pick that year anyways. I think knowing what Barnes brings is worth getting rid of that pick. With DeMar, Val, Amir, Ross, Vasquez and Barnes, the 2014, 15 and 16 picks, and Free Agents we should be poised to be competing for a championship if we have the proper development of players IMO. Ross, Amir, Vasquez are key bench guys going forward.

Comment

The big key is luring free agents to Toronto. If we can get upper talent to sign, I think we have what we need with this trade. We need a good PF and PG.

Comment

If we are able to get Barnes without giving up any of our core players except Lowry/Fields, I'm all for it.

Comment

At some point we have to realize that a second year player might be better than a draft pick. I realize rookies come cheap but there is also a lot of unknown with them, we know what Barnes brings .467 FG % and a .407 3pt% and averaging 13.3 on the year. So is that not the SF we are looking for to pair with DeMar?

I'm just not willing to move this years pick for him, there's just too many prospects. Basically If we can keep Jonas, DeMar, Ross, and possibly Amir, I would give pretty much anything else for this kid.
                Last edited by saints91; Wed Dec 18, 2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                  At some point we have to realize that a second year player might be better than a draft pick. I realize rookies come cheap but there is also a lot of unknown with them, we know what Barnes brings .467 FG % and a .407 3pt% and averaging 13.3 on the year. So is that not the SF we are looking for to pair with DeMar?

I'm just not willing to move this years pick for him, there's just too many prospects. Basically If we can keep Jonas, DeMar, Ross, and possibly Amir, I would give pretty much anything else for this kid.
                  I agree Barnes is good. In most cases 2nd year players are better than rookies. But...

MU is building this team the way he sees fit. Choosing players is not always about how good they are or will be. It's about how they fit in the system and character Masai wants to build. If Barnes fits in his vision for the team as a whole better than TR it's an easy decision. If he only fits because he projects higher than TR then maybe not so much. Case and point, Rudy Gay. Now for all the haters I not saying Gay and Barnes are at all similar I'm specifically talking about the 'fit'
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

Barnes gets those numbers in the GSW's system. Beside 2 lights out shooters who are arguably the best long range duo in the league and have defenders attached to their hips. And beside 2 legitimate double-teamable low post threats. Not to mention curry is a great distributor. It's possible, even likely, that he would not thrive here... or at least to that extent.

Comment

I agree Barnes is good. In most cases 2nd year players are better than rookies.
                      That's not what I meant. I was stating, seeing Barnes in his second year is better than the unknown. You can never be certain about a draft pick.

Comment

That's not what I meant. I was stating seeing Barnes in his second year is better than the unknown. You can never be certain about a draft pick.
                        I agree but if you read the rest of my post, what I'm getting at is a draft pick might be the better option if MU thinks hed be a better fit
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

I agree Barnes is good. In most cases 2nd year players are better than rookies.
                          That's not what I meant. I was stating, seeing Barnes in his second year is better than the unknown. You can never be certain about a draft pick. Or bank on where you will be drafting. Case in point in 2012, we thought we would be drafting in the top 5 and slid to the 8th spot due to the final game of the season.

Comment

That's not what I meant. I was stating, seeing Barnes in his second year is better than the unknown. You can never be certain about a draft pick. Or bank on where you will be drafting. Case in point in 2012, we thought we would be drafting in the top 5 and slid to the 8th spot due to the final game of the season.
                            often times a draft pick or potential has more value, especially if you have no idea what future draft classes will look like

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              often times a draft pick or potential has more value, especially if you have no idea what future draft classes will look like
                              First of all why would GS trade Barnes to us without getting anything of significance in return

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                I think Lowry and a draft pick, is pretty good value coming back for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X