Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Patty O' Patterson? Can We Talk About This Guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patty O' Patterson? Can We Talk About This Guy?

As I've been watching the last few games I thought I would point out a few things and see if anyone else is high on this guy.

1.) Have you ever seen a quicker hedge? That guy forced ball handlers to fuck up a few times with that lightning hedge of his.

2.) The gun show. For a guy who is supposed to be a stretch 4, the man is built like a power 4.

3.) I love his energy level.

So...is this guy a keeper?

If he is a keeper do you see him evolving into that starter role?

Is he resigned?

What's his value?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I really really like Patrick Patterson's game.

The cool thing is it seems like teams undervalue him (he gets traded a lot), so he might actually be a cheap guy to re-sign this offseason. Could be nice for us long-term off the bench if one of TH or AJ gets moved.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately due to work I haven't been able to watch any raptors games since the trade, but I watched him a lot in his time in Houston and I'm a huge fan. When it comes to him starting though I don't see it. Analytically Amir is a top PF in this league and is having a great year. I don't see him starting over Val either but he could and should definitely be the first big off the bench.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's a good back of the bench guy. But that's as far as I'd go. And he's built like a brick house.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ujiri is a fan of him Im all for keeping 2-Pat on our team hes pretty good. I like TH and all but I like Patterson skill level and ball IQ more TH just provides dirty work. 2-Pat can do that and more.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I really liked him during his Houston days. I'm completely fine with him as a backup PF for now.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    2-Pat
    Nice!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm intrigued by him too. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more games to see if he fits in the rotation long term.

But totally agree on his defence in the PnRs. It's night-and-day compared to how the rest of our bigs hedge. But that could simply be because Casey's "system" hasn't sunk in yet
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

he's a fantastic bench big and a guy i think Val can really learn from, especially when it comes to hedging as thread mentioned. i wish he had a bit more of a offensive game around the basket but what he does do he does very well. certainly can't criticize his energy level.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see this 4 bigs rotation for at least this year and next. I think it could develop in a pretty good rotation and it would not ruin the plan for 2015.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough
    Johnson/Patterson

11. Like S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I would like to see this 4 bigs rotation for at least this year and next. I think it could develop in a pretty good rotation and it would not ruin the plan for 2015.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough
    Johnson/Patterson
    I'd much rather cash-in Hansborough's contract as a valuable trade chip, then replace him with a veteran C who can provide more effective mentoring for JV.

13. Like OldSkoolCool, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh Id love to see Hayes bet minutes as our back up big and mentor to JV his contract is ugly though... 5 mill wasnt it? yeeesh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'd much rather cash-in Hansborough's contract as a valuable trade chip, then replace him with a veteran C who can provide more effective mentoring for JV.
    Do you have some ideas? Cause I don't see any!

Post Thanks / Like

I think another thing needs to be acknowledged is that he has taken minutes from Hansbrough, who was playing very solid ball before PatPat came along. So clearly Casey is a fan... though that doesn't say much.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Do you have some ideas? Cause I don't see any!
    Not off the top of my head, I'm sure you could find a listing of potential free agents this offseason. Or a guy buried on another team's depth chart could be targeted in trade. My concern is more that none of Johnson/Hansborough/Patterson are natural C's, so there's really nobody to mentor JV and give him pointers from a veteran's perspective. I think having such a player would be invaluable. I know Hayes could provide some of that but, since he's had to play the position far differently than traditional C's due to his size, I don't think he's ideal for JV.

18. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't checked but, I bet AJ and 2-Pat combo must have the best defensive numbers out of all the other big duos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I haven't checked but, I bet AJ and 2-Pat combo must have the best defensive numbers out of all the other big duos.

It would be a very small sample size...at least too small to draw immediate conclusions. But I would be interested to see if it trends in that direction.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

True but, I'm more impressed with his man on man D in the post. Did you see how he took Boozer out of the game. I like I actually don't think boozer scored once on him. His strong enough to hold his position and still has the length to change the shot (7'1.25" wingspan)

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Not off the top of my head, I'm sure you could find a listing of potential free agents this offseason. Or a guy buried on another team's depth chart could be targeted in trade. My concern is more that none of Johnson/Hansborough/Patterson are natural C's, so there's really nobody to mentor JV and give him pointers from a veteran's perspective. I think having such a player would be invaluable. I know Hayes could provide some of that but, since he's had to play the position far differently than traditional C's due to his size, I don't think he's ideal for JV.
    I checked on the 2014 FA list and really, there is not much out there... Kaman? Mohammed? Hey, we got Magloire on the staff, I guess we are better with him mentoring JV than wasting a roster spot for an aging Mohammed or a Kaman who's frustrated to not be starting anymore and who doesn't play defence at all.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa5blR2-UfE I'm not good at finding clips but there is an example of a Patterson hedge

24. Like MixxAOR liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information