League Pass - Announcer notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Pass - Announcer notes

Note 1 - I cannot stand Portland's announcers.
    They cause me to root against the Blazers (a team I've always liked).
    They are damn snobs.
    The homeriest of homers.

Leo Rautins is the worst. Period.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Leo Rautins is the worst. Period.
      What?
      No.

Why?

He is easily our best.
      He knows the game of basketball.

I don't even think Matt Devlin likes the game of basketball.
      It's just a gig.

Leo is one of few commentators who will just discuss/analyze the game.
      He doesn't ignore the opposing team completely, he gives praise where it's due.

Not the worst!
      Last edited by Shrub; Thu Dec 19, 2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
        What?
        No.

Why?

He is easily our best.
        He knows the game of basketball.

I don't even think Matt Devlin likes the game of basketball.
        It's just a gig.

Leo is one of few commentators who will just discuss/analyze the game.
        He doesn't ignore the opposing team completely, he gives praise where it's due.

Not the worst!
        I've never understood the hatred toward Leo.
        Especially when we've got goofs like Jack and Matt who'd rather talk about anything but the game going on.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
          Note 1 - I cannot stand Portland's announcers.
          They cause me to root against the Blazers (a team I've always liked).
          They are damn snobs.
          The homeriest of homers.
          You sure they're worst than the Celtics announcers?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Yeah....Celtics guys are just beyond bad.

On the Raps. Leo knows things, but it's not an issue of knowledge. It's a lot about tone with him. He always jumps on obvious things and tries to sound ingenious when discussing them. The other annoying thing about Leo is he agrees with everything. He rarely questions bad calls on either side (noticed he did a couple of times tonight and I was genuinely surprised), and praises so many of the coaching decisions on both sides. I like that Leo is smart, I hate that he cares more about sounding smart than about calling the game in an earnest and enjoyable way.

Jack is honest with his opinion, which is nice, but sounds stupid sometimes because he doesn't really try to always explain his view. He can also be a bit of a homer sometimes, but isn't that bad there. And his antics can get annoying, but Matt can really enable him there. I like that Jack is pretty honest though, and that he has an old school "let them play" attitude toward the game.

Our announces aren't terrible, but they're not great. I might put them in the top 10-15 in the league...but there are a lot of bad crews out there, especially in terms of homerism, though no one is as bad as the Celtics there. Heinsohn disagress with calls that don't favour the Celtics even in the face of painfully clear video evidence.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Oh lord. I nearly killed myself listening to Tommy Heinsohn in the first preseason game.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Heinsohn is the greatest.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Heinsohn is the greatest.
                  If you think he is the greatest, then you sir, are the worst!

I really despise the Cavs guys. I get that a lot of these announcers are serving the home teams' fan base, but it really irks me when they refer to their players by first name only. Our guys do it as well, but I really notice it on other broadcasts. Pisses me off!

I'm not hearing Marv Albert doing it tonight!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I've never understood the hatred toward Leo.
                    Especially when we've got goofs like Jack and Matt who'd rather talk about anything but the game going on.
                    He's orange.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      If you think he is the greatest, then you sir, are the worst!

I really despise the Cavs guys. I get that a lot of these announcers are serving the home teams' fan base, but it really irks me when they refer to their players by first name only. Our guys do it as well, but I really notice it on other broadcasts. Pisses me off!

I'm not hearing Marv Albert doing it tonight!
                      No need to get personal.

Tommy is the greatest. All American at Holy Cross, NBA rookie of the year, won 8 championships as a player, two as a coach, 6 time NBA all star, NBA coach of the year, and at 80 years old he's going strong as the Celtics color guy. He had a stint in the 1980s calling the NBA finals for CBS with Dick Stockton.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Jack? He's just having fun. I don't need him to be an analyst, and I like his enthusiasm.

I get the feeling that the Raps broadcasters still have a directive to "educate" the fans. They assume we don't know much about basketball.

I've only watched their broadcast a couple times, but I like the Nets announcers. In depth analysis, no homerism, lots of insight into visiting teams - they just appreciate good basketball.

Miami's play by play guy is awful.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

No need to get personal.

Tommy is the greatest. All American at Holy Cross, NBA rookie of the year, won 8 championships as a player, two as a coach, 6 time NBA all star, NBA coach of the year, and at 80 years old he's going strong as the Celtics color guy. He had a stint in the 1980s calling the NBA finals for CBS with Dick Stockton.
                          He's a HoF'er who gets a pass in Boston the way Don Cherry gets a pass from most hockey fans here. But at this point, Tommy's clearly off his rocker.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

No need to get personal.

I don't give a fuck what his old ass has accomplished back in the dinosaur days. Dude is the most annoying commentator i have ever listened to period. His annoying ass scratchy voice doesn't help the cause either

Put it this way. I'd rather listen to someone scratch their nails on a black board for an hour than listen to that dude commentate for a minute, he's absolutely atrocious.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Am I the only one who doesn't mind Jack? He's just having fun. I don't need him to be an analyst, and I like his enthusiasm.

I get the feeling that the Raps broadcasters still have a directive to "educate" the fans. They assume we don't know much about basketball.

I've only watched their broadcast a couple times, but I like the Nets announcers. In depth analysis, no homerism, lots of insight into visiting teams - they just appreciate good basketball.

Miami's play by play guy is awful.
                              Jack is the best "Get that garbage outta here!"

the first thing that comes to my mind when i think of the miami play by play guy is when he goes "Lebron...WAM with the right hand" he just has horrible catch phrases lol

Comment

Working...
                              X