• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    , uglier,
    hahahaha this made me chuckle

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Exactly! With 1.0 all you get is a shot. You could tell JV knew he was suppose to switch but he didn't react he thought about it and than reacted. By the time JV got in the picture the ball had already left Kemba's hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Really?

hahaha ok. you should get court level one day to see it in real motion.... JV reacted just fine, Kemba walker is a lightning bolt.

Guys, there is NOTHING to talk about here, nobody to blame really. No need for 4 page of JV analysis.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        maybe...like I said, its a preference. there are different ways to guard plays..... my theory works with the no times aspect as well, as there isnt enough time to get a return to McRoberts and a good look, so you should be able to limit good entries with switches and an extra man if your big stays home....

easy for us to say i guess.... nice play though, Kemba to be honest, just showed the Raptors how to rub off a scree correctly.

good Basketball
        my first thought was why PP was up so tight on the inbounder, for the reasons you mentioned. i'm not sure who didn't think they were looking at kemba as their first, second & third option there, since there was no time for anything other than a catch & shoot, not really enough time for a dribble even. so, assuming it's going to walker, why not just have him doubled and play straight-up on everyone else? i get that it makes the inbound pass easier, but that's kind of the point...make the pass easy to ANYONE OTHER THAN WALKER, who you're doubling. keep it out of the paint, but force henderson to come out the perimeter to take the inbounds & force a contested long-range shot. i dunno, to me, the absolute last thing you want to allow is for kemba to get the pass in the first place.
        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Lighting bug going north south. All he did is elevate.

I think Casey should of used Patterson to deny how ever came to the ball. Nobody else but, Kemba would of made that shot.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
            i dunno, to me, the absolute last thing you want to allow is for kemba to get the pass in the first place.
            Exactly. If you're playing numbers, which you have to as you cant assume complete shut down, you have to push guys to the lowest possible percentage (see Shane Battier Theorem). For my style, I ignore the inbounder and go balls out closing off everything I can in every lane and push guys to places they arent wanting to go. had Patterson dropped down and got in Kemba's way, a little bump even.... JV is there.

Comment

JV, is a more talented player, and I'm not denying that in any way, but he's constantly lost on the defensive end. Patterson might be smaller, less athletic, uglier, and a whole bunch of other things, but he knows the play, understands positioning and performs the role he is out there to to.

My whole point is that Casey's priority is to try and win the game and not to give JV the minutes we all would prefer he have over other guys that likely won't be here in the teams future. In order to win you sometimes have to play the less talented player that knows what they are supposed to do in the scheme of the defense, as opposed to the more talented player that doesn't always have a clue. JV is being brought along slower than we like, but he's getting a good amount of minutes and it's a long season.
              can you point to the sequence of events that led to JV's benching in the 3rd Q? y'know, when they were up 10+, and to which point jefferson had been kinda/sorta meh?

in case you're wondering, patterson is a brutal defender. it's been a constant knock on him since he entered the league, and is why he's been given away numerous times since being drafted. but hey, EXPERIENCE!!! TRUTHINESS!!! cling to the mysticism!
              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Lighting bug going north south. All he did is elevate.

I think Casey should of used Patterson to deny how ever came to the ball. Nobody else but, Kemba would of made that shot.

Y ahe's fast eh.... jesus. I really liked him coming out..... Good player and seems to be finding his NBA feet.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  Y ahe's fast eh.... jesus. I really liked him coming out..... Good player and seems to be finding his NBA feet.
                  Yeah, really liked him when he was coming out. Still prefer JV over him though but Kemba can play.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'd also like to add its nice to just be talking basket ball.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

You develop bad habits if you just left out there playing making the same mistakes. Which is what happens to Andrea under coach Triano. Andrea was unleashed and we went on to have the worst D in NBA HISTORY! When it comes to D I will never doubt Casey. I'm pretty sure we're a top15 Defensive team. After the way Patrick Patterson and AJ shut down Boozer the last game I don't blame Casey for to them over JV. Patrick is Stronger, Quicker, and has more experience. Amir is just Amir. There should never be a complaint about Amir playing more than JV. Never!

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that JV and Bargnani are 2 different players? They don't share ANY of the same attributes in their games. Other than their skin colour they are 2 completely different players. Why do you keep going back to an argument that holds NO weight?

Comment

I'd also like to add its nice to just be talking basket ball.

I hear ya. This is the conversation that comes from folks allowing other guys to have opinions, but having those other gusy actually have an opinion, and not just an argument or a veiled insult.

Cheers to you brother!

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                          Agree with everything in this post except the bolded. It's not Lowry's switch to call. It's JVs. JV has to communicate that screen and call the switch (which should be obvious with 1 second left). Either way, glad he was on the floor to experience that misstep. Will only make him better.
                          Well it would be Jonas' job to call the screen. But for the switch, that's why I mention his inexperience, and also brought up, and I think a couple of others have mentioned, that for Casey to put Jonas in on Al, it must mean Casey gave him that assignment (probably out of fear Al would get a little chip shot if he could push his way near the rim). That's why I put it on Lowry. Jonas doesn't have the experience to realize that he has to switch off what's likely his given assignment. And while on a last-second play it should be/become instinct to make that switch, if that happens at any other time, Jonas is playing it right if he's waiting for Lowry to call the switch, which is most often the responsibility of the guy getting screened.

As has been stated, if Jonas is going to be out there, it's weird he's not defending the in-bounds pass, where he has the most size/length to disturb it, and since he wasn't, it's strange having him out there at all. Not to mention it's the simplest assignment to give the most inexperienced guy as well.

Sidenote: I have been thoroughly unimpressed by Lowry's D, and leadership on both ends since he came to this team. He is not any kind of floor general. He has poor body language, and there have been a few times when you see him getting into his teammates for mistakes that were clearly his. Guy is producing decently and not as fat/bad as last year, but I can't wait for him to be off this team.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

He isnt bad, but youre right, he certainly isnt good.

Comment

LOL, oh man that was hilarious!! It's like you think the coaches priority is to sacrafice wins to get JV more experience. You and I and everyone else at the forum that doesn't care much for where this season is headed may want to see JV get minutes, but you must realize the coach has an agenda which includes winning first right?
                              But we didn't win! That's the point! And I don't believe Casey's agenda is winning when he puts out defensive lineups of KL, DD, Salmons, 2Pat and JV to end the game. He is a tank commander, not a coach.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

It makes no sense, how can anyone try to justify Casey's coaching in that game? It was absolutely horrible!
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X