No announcement yet.

Rick Carlisle: "(DC) done a great job with it. He's done a great job there.''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casey stay away from 2pg line ups have a set rotation for your and personal players comfort and run JV more. Thats it all issues solved, I personally think its been a meg job but if he did those things I listed he'd be great.

Comment

It's easy to forget how awful awful awful the defense was under Triano. Yes, Casey has had a massive impact on the defensive end, and that change is often lost sight of when he's slagged for other shortcomings.

BUT - for me, all the defensive improvement means absolutely nothing if you can't hold 2nd half leads. What's the point of a good defense that can't protect a lead and get you a W?

Casey would still be a fine assistant coach.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

coming from the guy who also recommended us another dud in Kevin O'Neill.

Comment

cannon fodder

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            cannon fodder
            Yep.

Just press talk.....

Comment

Casey has done a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

can we just make this the game thread? lol

Comment

Carlisle was talking up Casey even before the Raptors hired him. He's not going to change his tune now.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    It's easy to forget how awful awful awful the defense was under Triano. Yes, Casey has had a massive impact on the defensive end, and that change is often lost sight of when he's slagged for other shortcomings.

BUT - for me, all the defensive improvement means absolutely nothing if you can't hold 2nd half leads. What's the point of a good defense that can't protect a lead and get you a W?

Casey would still be a fine assistant coach.
                    bingo. "awesome defensive coordinator" is his ceiling.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Casey should not be a coach he's don't a great job on the defense but he's done a horrendous job on the rest
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I think you can find maybe 7-8 guys with NBA coaching experience that might squeeze more out of this team than Casey has. But how much more -- we've won 40% of our games. I don't think this team is capable of winning, say, 60% of its games. So maybe you bring in a George Karl or a SVG or a Sloan and whoop-dee-doo we have 12 wins instead of 9. This is still a bad team that would get swept in the first round.

I've been saying this from the beginning when everyone said fire Casey. Why? There's no point. Come back to me when you see a roster that *should* contend, then we can talk about coaching.

Look at the Knicks or Brooklyn.. those are teams that you expected to be contenders and they're not. When the Raptors get to that level of talent/roster and we're 9-14, then we should talk about getting a new coach.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

@Eric__Smith: Rick carlisle, #mavericks coach, on the #raptors: "they could easily be 4-1 since the trade. They play hard and have a lot of depth." #rtz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Don't have time to read the whole thread atm, but here's my thoughts

1) Carlisle is clearly referring to Casey's impact on defense, and in that sense I do think he's done a good job on that end. I also think his impact on defense goes beyond just slowing the game down aka Kevin O'neil. As of Monday NBA power rankings had us 21st in Pace and 12th in DefRtg, and 16th in OffRtg.

2) I also think that coaches play a very small role in getting results and that the burden is almost exclusively on the players. If you fired Casey and replaced him with anybody other than the top tier coaches (jackson/sloan etc) that we aren't going to attract anyway, would they make much of a difference? I'd say no.

I'm not a Casey supporter and I don't mind if he gets fired or not renewed this off season but he's not making huge impact one way or the other.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

whats he going to say? that hes a mediocre coach? come on

Comment

Evia99 wrote: View Post
                                whats he going to say? that hes a mediocre coach? come on
                                @Eric__Smith: Rick carlisle, #mavericks coach, on the #raptors: "I've been watching some Raptors games lately for scouting, and honestly I can't believe my fucking eyes. Is there something in the water up here? He wasn't like this when he was an assistant here. Of course, we didn't let him talk very much. Regardless, I'm not even going to coach tonight - I'm going to let one of my assistants take over, give him the ropes and see what he can do. Don't tell anyone." #rtz
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X