Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patty O' Patterson? Can We Talk About This Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty O' Patterson? Can We Talk About This Guy?

As I've been watching the last few games I thought I would point out a few things and see if anyone else is high on this guy.

1.) Have you ever seen a quicker hedge? That guy forced ball handlers to fuck up a few times with that lightning hedge of his.

2.) The gun show. For a guy who is supposed to be a stretch 4, the man is built like a power 4.

3.) I love his energy level.

So...is this guy a keeper?

If he is a keeper do you see him evolving into that starter role?

Is he resigned?

What's his value?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I really really like Patrick Patterson's game.

The cool thing is it seems like teams undervalue him (he gets traded a lot), so he might actually be a cheap guy to re-sign this offseason. Could be nice for us long-term off the bench if one of TH or AJ gets moved.

Comment

Unfortunately due to work I haven't been able to watch any raptors games since the trade, but I watched him a lot in his time in Houston and I'm a huge fan. When it comes to him starting though I don't see it. Analytically Amir is a top PF in this league and is having a great year. I don't see him starting over Val either but he could and should definitely be the first big off the bench.

Comment

I think he's a good back of the bench guy. But that's as far as I'd go. And he's built like a brick house.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Ujiri is a fan of him Im all for keeping 2-Pat on our team hes pretty good. I like TH and all but I like Patterson skill level and ball IQ more TH just provides dirty work. 2-Pat can do that and more.

Comment

Yeah, I really liked him during his Houston days. I'm completely fine with him as a backup PF for now.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              2-Pat
              Nice!
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yeah, I'm intrigued by him too. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more games to see if he fits in the rotation long term.

But totally agree on his defence in the PnRs. It's night-and-day compared to how the rest of our bigs hedge. But that could simply be because Casey's "system" hasn't sunk in yet

Comment

he's a fantastic bench big and a guy i think Val can really learn from, especially when it comes to hedging as thread mentioned. i wish he had a bit more of a offensive game around the basket but what he does do he does very well. certainly can't criticize his energy level.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would like to see this 4 bigs rotation for at least this year and next. I think it could develop in a pretty good rotation and it would not ruin the plan for 2015.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough
                    Johnson/Patterson

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      I would like to see this 4 bigs rotation for at least this year and next. I think it could develop in a pretty good rotation and it would not ruin the plan for 2015.

Valanciunas/Hansbrough
                      Johnson/Patterson
                      I'd much rather cash-in Hansborough's contract as a valuable trade chip, then replace him with a veteran C who can provide more effective mentoring for JV.

Comment

tbh Id love to see Hayes bet minutes as our back up big and mentor to JV his contract is ugly though... 5 mill wasnt it? yeeesh!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I'd much rather cash-in Hansborough's contract as a valuable trade chip, then replace him with a veteran C who can provide more effective mentoring for JV.
                          Do you have some ideas? Cause I don't see any!

Comment

I think another thing needs to be acknowledged is that he has taken minutes from Hansbrough, who was playing very solid ball before PatPat came along. So clearly Casey is a fan... though that doesn't say much.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Do you have some ideas? Cause I don't see any!
                              Not off the top of my head, I'm sure you could find a listing of potential free agents this offseason. Or a guy buried on another team's depth chart could be targeted in trade. My concern is more that none of Johnson/Hansborough/Patterson are natural C's, so there's really nobody to mentor JV and give him pointers from a veteran's perspective. I think having such a player would be invaluable. I know Hayes could provide some of that but, since he's had to play the position far differently than traditional C's due to his size, I don't think he's ideal for JV.

Comment

Working...
                              X