No announcement yet.

Game Day: TOR at DAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know why Casey went with Salmons down the stretch versus Ross?

Ross had been playing pretty good, no?

I guess it was the turnover, missed shot, and foul to end 3rd quarter that cemented his bum to the pine.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Anyone know why Casey went with Salmons down the stretch versus Ross?

The new Anderson!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Anyone know why Casey went with Salmons down the stretch versus Ross?

I guess it was the turnover, missed shot, and foul to end 3rd quarter that cemented his bum to the pine.
        casey said something about keeping the current lineups rhythm going from the 4th and having that cross over into OT. he said he 'wanted' ross out more but yah, who knows. i guess salmons was doing a good job defending ellis as well.
        Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Cant complain about the Salmons thing for once he left a line up out that was winning the Raps the game instead of benching them and throwing it.

also fyi who cares if it took DeMar 5 years to have a high asisst game hes developing and its not like he had many people worth passing too what sonny Scrub Weems? Rasual Butler? Anthony Carter? what the hell do you people want from the kid? lol now he can actually run drive kicks to open shooters cause our team now has some capable knockdown shooters.

DeRozan is playing well leave him alone.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            If we win this, this will finally be the first 0.500 team we beat this season
            Which is significant.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Cant complain about the Salmons thing for once he left a line up out that was winning the Raps the game instead of benching them and throwing it.

also fyi who cares if it took DeMar 5 years to have a high asisst game hes developing and its not like he had many people worth passing too what sonny Scrub Weems? Rasual Butler? Anthony Carter? what the hell do you people want from the kid? lol now he can actually run drive kicks to open shooters cause our team now has some capable knockdown shooters.

DeRozan is playing well leave him alone.
              DD played great. He needs to make clutch free throws and watch forced long twos but overall he showed maturity and determination last night.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Last 5 games JV: 13.8 PTS, 55% FG, 93% FT, 1.2 BLK, 9.4 REBS.

Getting in shape young fella

Demar: 22 PTS, 5 REB, 5.3 AST, 1 BLK, 1.3 STL. Nice. Rudy solves all problems, even DeMar is passing the ball!
                If the team continues to win sharing the ball will be bought into on a consistent basis by DD.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                  Very possible. I am glad to see that Hansbrough looks back to normal, at least. But I think that alley oop against Charlotte was the first one since he changed teams. Vasquez apparently did not know any better. Perhaps someone will even give it to him on the fast break. In Indiana, no one ever passed it to him even though he sprinted down on every break. But he has to move better without the ball in the half court and look for his shot or a pass, not just screen every play.
                  What you say is true about Hansbrough on the fast break at Indiana but that is why they were saying poor Tyler when Augustine came with him to Toronto. Augustine was the culprit. He just would not make the pass even if Hansbrough had his man one on one within 5' of the basket with no else yet down the floor. I agree with that part of your comment 100%.

Yes, I also agree about the last part of your comment on he has to move better without the ball but where we might differ is I get the idea Tyler is the type of player who whatever the coach tells you you obey and I get the idea, maybe I am wrong, that Casey just wants Tyler to get out of the way of the other 4 guys on the floor and not even attempt to be part of the offense (it is not Tyler's nature to not be an offensive player, not by nature). When he first came into the league they called him a black hole.

When he first came into the league he had a consistently good jump shot from the free throw line, a turn around fade away in close to the basket on the side, and his jump hook. He quit playing his game (I think it was coaching) and at no time more so than here in Toronto. Of course, it did not help that you started the year on a team with Gay and Derozan who at that time were two peas in a pod (I will never pass the ball if I can get up even a bad shot). To his credit Derozan is coming around and thankfully Gay is gone.

I hate to say it because I would rather watch the old Tyler play than anyone due to his hustle and rough house game but I think he may be out of the league before long. It you do not let him play his game he has no game. Give us back the old Tyler or let him go, maybe even retire young (I don't think he will stay in the league if he has to be an end of the bench player, a 10th or 12th man, that is not his nature). He came to Toronto wanting a more active role. He now has it.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Even though he did end up with 9 assists...do you remember him actually CREATING a play for his teammates? I don't

And it took him 5 YEARS to get a 9 assist game. If he is a player that you want to have as your starting SG or your sixth man...need to be better than that

And in the interest of full disclosure, he also had 6 TOs, which is absolutely unacceptable.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• lol, and the tankers squirm, nit-picking this and that. Tell us all again how unbelievable it is that some of us still don't see a full on tank in process?

It must be ugly to not enjoy a well played win, in an entertaining game, after coming back from being 19 down early.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        And in the interest of full disclosure, he also had 6 TOs, which is absolutely unacceptable.
                        Let's ship him out then.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          The one thing I have learned about DeMar is that when he is playing well, it is proof that he has learned and we shouldn't trade him, and when he's playing poorly, it is proof that he is learning and we shouldn't trade him.
                          Lol so true.

Comment

• Uhhhh this team is so bipolar... I really don't know what to make of this team anymore. -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lol I love how Amir ended up being the one guarding Ellis at the final play.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                                Let's ship him out then.
                                Now now now let's not be hasty. I'm just saying, if we're going to look at his stats, we have to look at all of his stats.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X