Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Durant will sign with the Raptors in 2016

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Durant will sign with the Raptors in 2016

Not enough positivity on these boards, just going to make a bold statement here. I stand by it, Durant will be a Raptor come the 2016 offseason.

2. Like GameBreaker liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please stop.

4. Like tucas, LBF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While it is a long shot. He is tight with Drake and Raps were his team growing up. Better chance than LBJ
    Ball Don't Lie

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Please stop.
    Stop doing what exactly? Trying to think positively about the future of this team?

I'm just so tired of all the pessimism on here.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Stop doing what exactly? Trying to think positively about the future of this team?

There is a fine line between being positive and being delusional. What your saying is delusional. Being positive would be the idea of drafting Wiggins, Parker, Smart or Exum. That's being positive. What you're doing is plain delusional and trolling...

8. Like ball4life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if your posts will help to clean up all the pessimism stuff.. Raps fans are disappointment, upset and we certainly have the right to be so!

I think we must mind today.Just stop talking about tomorrow and all that tanking stuff. ( I haven't changed my opinion and I hope raps will get high lottery pick, it's best for this franchise in my opinion, but... ) For now - I'm happy that we have high class front office and few assets on the floor. What happens in 2016 - we'll see. I believe in guys upstairs.

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After he signs here do you think it'll take two months or just one before everybody here finds fault in his game and a thread is started to trade him for a first round pick and an expiring contract?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably as good a chance he signs in TO in 2016 as in about 22-23 other NBA cities.

Two and a half years of Masai working his magic. MU clearly has an eye for under utilized talent. By the summer of 2016 the Raps could have a Top 10 center, 2 solid and contributing role players, three or four super talented draft picks, a solid bench and the financing that allows signing a Durant type player.

Isn't this what people want? Isn't this what the tanking is all about?

I'm with you Nosike.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure.... can the raps afford him AND LBJ? dont they play the same position?

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thats exactly it.

But if DD and Amir, Lowry and JV keep i tup, Ross somehow keeps improving, Lebron will be here a year earlier!

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a possibility considering Durant said he always wanted to be a Toronto Raptor.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2016 is along time guys, alot can happen in two years.. and I mean alot
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it

Come on Jay, give us Durant and we'll get Drake to sign with the Roc. It's a good deal for everyone.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
    It's a possibility considering Durant said he always wanted to be a Toronto Raptor.
    When did he say this exactly? Source?

I remember him saying he watched the raptors when he was young and liked their uniforms. He might have said they were his fav team growing up but even then that is not the same as him saying now that he always wanted to be a raptor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    When did he say this exactly? Source?

I remember him saying he watched the raptors when he was young and liked their uniforms. He might have said they were his fav team growing up but even then that is not the same as him saying now that he always wanted to be a raptor.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ronto-raptors/

On Thursday, during an interview on The Dan Patrick Show, Durant said: “Believe it or not, I wanted to play for the Toronto Raptors, that was my favorite team.”

19. Like GameBreaker liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    If that happens, all Toronto fans who booed Bosh and Lebron and wrote shit about them will be hypocrites if they don't do the same to the Durantula
    I'm not sure why anyone would have been insulting or jeering Bosh/LeBron. They made the decision that any logical human being would make for their careers. Durant will do the same when the time comes, if OKC hasn't won anything.

The way I see it is this. I'm working for a crappy company that's never going to really emerge as a large corporation. I'm one of, if not the only competent employees at the office, and management is foolish and constantly makes rash, quick-fix type decisions. A Fortune 500 company in a nicer, warmer location offers me a job where I can work with some of the best and brightest in the business, who just so happen to be my long-time friends as well.

What logical person turns down that job offer?

And before someone says it's not the same because NBA players have fans. Well what if the person in that scenario has kids or a wife who would really like to stay in the same city where their friends and schools are? Sure it makes the decision tougher, but at the end of the day you're not going to turn down that job offer.

21. Like GameBreaker, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If that happens, all Toronto fans who booed Bosh and Lebron and wrote shit about them will be hypocrites if they don't do the same to the Durantula
    Depends.

Does he let OKC know his intentions before trade deadline?

Is a sign and trade worked where OKC actually gets something useful back?

If not, then yes, hypocrite will be an appropriate title.

Kind of like Seattle fans cheering taking the Kings.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

23. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't complain when you steal someone's girlfriend.

25. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why anyone would have been insulting or jeering Bosh/LeBron. They made the decision that any logical human being would make for their careers. Durant will do the same when the time comes, if OKC hasn't won anything.

The way I see it is this. I'm working for a crappy company that's never going to really emerge as a large corporation. I'm one of, if not the only competent employees at the office, and management is foolish and constantly makes rash, quick-fix type decisions. A Fortune 500 company in a nicer, warmer location offers me a job where I can work with some of the best and brightest in the business, who just so happen to be my long-time friends as well.

What logical person turns down that job offer?

And before someone says it's not the same because NBA players have fans. Well what if the person in that scenario has kids or a wife who would really like to stay in the same city where their friends and schools are? Sure it makes the decision tougher, but at the end of the day you're not going to turn down that job offer.
    Fans like to pretend that athletes are not people, they're no different than the version that shows up in the video game. That's why they get angry when one of them misses time for personal reasons or doesn't work on their game all off-season.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One random thing to note, which I'm not suggesting will have any real impact for guys like KD and LeBron, but who knows:

They are currently playing for 2 of the best teams in the league, and have been for multiple seasons. If you have seen a few Miami or OKC home games this year, you'll notice that neither is selling out every game despite having the greatest players and teams in the league. I could see them wanting to go somewhere that fills up every night. If a player of that caliber was playing in Toronto, they'd be selling out every game without a doubt.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information