Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Best Case scenario

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Best Case scenario

Ok.

Toronto, is already casting for the new reality TV show called "The NBA's Worst Tank driver", and is rumoured to be pretty much a lock to get picked, so, we need a new plan.

A new scenario. One we have yet to consider, yet, should.

Toronto, shall finish with the worst record of all the playoff squads, but still make the playoffs. from there they will surprise the first round opponent as they will not be ready to match a defensive teams intensity. The next round will be harder, but they get passed anyhow, then roll the Eastern Conference finals after the opponents best player sprains his knee (the sprain important, and he will be needed later).

In the Final, Toronto keeps it rolling, high on confidence, they take the Championship in 6 games behind an all round effort with 7 players finishing with double digit point averages.

Draft comes, Toronto is tidy at #14, pick a sleeper who ends up being a top three talent, and of course, July 4th, or whenever Free agency is, they scoop up the belle of the ball in Lebron, who, is fresh off being stomped by the raps in the conference finals, and happy to sign for 4 years at the max.

Lebron wins 4 in a row, cements GOAT as lets be honest, he is Hercules beside MJ, and Toronto never looks back.

I like this scenario best. So far, its the most positive.

discuss.

2. Like footarez, Jangles liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not sure if your on the tank or off
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweetie, I drank the tank

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Sweetie, I drank the tank
    yes, finally
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with your scenario is that it has us advancing to the 2nd round as the WORST playoff team.

How the hell are we gonna beat Indiana or Miami lol?

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Best case/craziest case scenario

Raptors finish 4th, win first round against 5th place team, 2nd round they face a Pacers team who just lost Paul George, and Danny Granger is still constantly injured so with their lack of scoring we squeak by in 7, at the same time the Brooklyn Nets backed by nothing more than Kevin Garnett's intense hatred for the Miami Heat pull off the improbable victory over them but having exerted all their energy fall to the Raptors in 5 in the Conference Finals.

...........................and now I actually can't see a scenario where we beat any Western Conference team in the Finals.

Hey Eastern Conference champ banner ain't not so bad.

8. Like bounty, Masai Ujiri liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Craig the season is too long to get too high or too low after every win or loss..... Depending on your ambitions for the team of course.

The Raptors won a game they were 'suppose' to lose.

Soon enough they will lose a game they are 'suppose' to win.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

still not sure if he's joking.... or being serious...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    The problem with your scenario is that it has us advancing to the 2nd round as the WORST playoff team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Craig if you're this frustrated about the "failed" tank. Go post on RealGM.

Half those clowns are calling for Ujiri to be fired right now. Thank God I stopped posting there.

13. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Ok.

Toronto, is already casting for the new reality TV show called "The NBA's Worst Tank driver", and is rumoured to be pretty much a lock to get picked, so, we need a new plan.

A new scenario. One we have yet to consider, yet, should.

Toronto, shall finish with the worst record of all the playoff squads, but still make the playoffs. from there they will surprise the first round opponent as they will not be ready to match a defensive teams intensity. The next round will be harder, but they get passed anyhow, then roll the Eastern Conference finals after the opponents best player sprains his knee (the sprain important, and he will be needed later).

In the Final, Toronto keeps it rolling, high on confidence, they take the Championship in 6 games behind an all round effort with 7 players finishing with double digit point averages.

Draft comes, Toronto is tidy at #14, pick a sleeper who ends up being a top three talent, and of course, July 4th, or whenever Free agency is, they scoop up the belle of the ball in Lebron, who, is fresh off being stomped by the raps in the conference finals, and happy to sign for 4 years at the max.

Lebron wins 4 in a row, cements GOAT as lets be honest, he is Hercules beside MJ, and Toronto never looks back.

I like this scenario best. So far, its the most positive.

discuss.

I can totally see this happening and is very possible. I know we all think Durant has a a lot of interest to sign with Raptors in 2 years but I will not close my eyes on Lebron. He has said many times that he loves the city and with our #14 sleeper draft pick and great play off runs it is totally possible.

Can we afford to have them both ? not sure because then we can not keep Amir and I am not ready to trade Amir away.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did your hypothetical dream situation just get ruined because you had to choose between Lebron or Amir?

16. Like footarez liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Not Too Xabi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a joke thread but I was actually trying to figure out the other day that if we make the playoffs...

under what circumstances could we make the conference finals? (cause we aren't making the finals)

I think we could definitely take a first round if we finished 4th 5th or 6th.... but in the second round would we be forced to face either Pacers or Heat?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    I know this is a joke thread but I was actually trying to figure out the other day that if we make the playoffs...

under what circumstances could we make the conference finals? (cause we aren't making the finals)

I think we could definitely take a first round if we finished 4th 5th or 6th.... but in the second round would we be forced to face either Pacers or Heat?
    Brooke Lopez is out and I made a thread about it. Conference final is within our grasp.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ly-tanking-now
    Last edited by Jamshid; Sat Dec 21st, 2013 at 02:48 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post

More likely we lose 4 straight and everyone complains about poor draft pick. Lol.

21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post

We need to win the Atantic to have any aspirations to do anything in playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Atlantic.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Also would have to show that they can beat good teams, and be able to beat them on their homecourt. So far, this Dallas win is the only win we have against a good team, and on their homecourt, and they're at least a tier, or even two below contenders. (And not to mention it was just after losing a double-OT home game to a Charlotte team that obviously lacks the talent to make any noise)

There's really nothing to get excited about right now regardless of pro or anti tank sentiment. We still look like a mediocre team, whether that ends up being just above .500 or just below. In other words, we're still in the worst possible situation.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Dec 21st, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Brooke Lopez is out and I made a thread about it. Conference final is within our grasp.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ly-tanking-now
    So the Raps are going to knock off Indiana or Miami in round 2 to make conference finals?

I think you're over indulging in some holiday cheer lol
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information