Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Best Case scenario

Ok.

Toronto, is already casting for the new reality TV show called "The NBA's Worst Tank driver", and is rumoured to be pretty much a lock to get picked, so, we need a new plan.

A new scenario. One we have yet to consider, yet, should.

Toronto, shall finish with the worst record of all the playoff squads, but still make the playoffs. from there they will surprise the first round opponent as they will not be ready to match a defensive teams intensity. The next round will be harder, but they get passed anyhow, then roll the Eastern Conference finals after the opponents best player sprains his knee (the sprain important, and he will be needed later).

In the Final, Toronto keeps it rolling, high on confidence, they take the Championship in 6 games behind an all round effort with 7 players finishing with double digit point averages.

Draft comes, Toronto is tidy at #14, pick a sleeper who ends up being a top three talent, and of course, July 4th, or whenever Free agency is, they scoop up the belle of the ball in Lebron, who, is fresh off being stomped by the raps in the conference finals, and happy to sign for 4 years at the max.

Lebron wins 4 in a row, cements GOAT as lets be honest, he is Hercules beside MJ, and Toronto never looks back.

I like this scenario best. So far, its the most positive.

discuss.

I'm still not sure if your on the tank or off
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Sweetie, I drank the tank

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Sweetie, I drank the tank
        yes, finally
        Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:36 PM.
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

The problem with your scenario is that it has us advancing to the 2nd round as the WORST playoff team.

How the hell are we gonna beat Indiana or Miami lol?

Comment

Best case/craziest case scenario

Raptors finish 4th, win first round against 5th place team, 2nd round they face a Pacers team who just lost Paul George, and Danny Granger is still constantly injured so with their lack of scoring we squeak by in 7, at the same time the Brooklyn Nets backed by nothing more than Kevin Garnett's intense hatred for the Miami Heat pull off the improbable victory over them but having exerted all their energy fall to the Raptors in 5 in the Conference Finals.

...........................and now I actually can't see a scenario where we beat any Western Conference team in the Finals.

Hey Eastern Conference champ banner ain't not so bad.

Comment

Craig the season is too long to get too high or too low after every win or loss..... Depending on your ambitions for the team of course.

The Raptors won a game they were 'suppose' to lose.

Soon enough they will lose a game they are 'suppose' to win.

Comment

still not sure if he's joking.... or being serious...

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                  The problem with your scenario is that it has us advancing to the 2nd round as the WORST playoff team.

How the hell are we gonna beat Indiana or Miami lol?

Comment

Craig if you're this frustrated about the "failed" tank. Go post on RealGM.

Half those clowns are calling for Ujiri to be fired right now. Thank God I stopped posting there.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      Ok.

Toronto, is already casting for the new reality TV show called "The NBA's Worst Tank driver", and is rumoured to be pretty much a lock to get picked, so, we need a new plan.

A new scenario. One we have yet to consider, yet, should.

Toronto, shall finish with the worst record of all the playoff squads, but still make the playoffs. from there they will surprise the first round opponent as they will not be ready to match a defensive teams intensity. The next round will be harder, but they get passed anyhow, then roll the Eastern Conference finals after the opponents best player sprains his knee (the sprain important, and he will be needed later).

In the Final, Toronto keeps it rolling, high on confidence, they take the Championship in 6 games behind an all round effort with 7 players finishing with double digit point averages.

Draft comes, Toronto is tidy at #14, pick a sleeper who ends up being a top three talent, and of course, July 4th, or whenever Free agency is, they scoop up the belle of the ball in Lebron, who, is fresh off being stomped by the raps in the conference finals, and happy to sign for 4 years at the max.

Lebron wins 4 in a row, cements GOAT as lets be honest, he is Hercules beside MJ, and Toronto never looks back.

I like this scenario best. So far, its the most positive.

discuss.

I can totally see this happening and is very possible. I know we all think Durant has a a lot of interest to sign with Raptors in 2 years but I will not close my eyes on Lebron. He has said many times that he loves the city and with our #14 sleeper draft pick and great play off runs it is totally possible.

Can we afford to have them both ? not sure because then we can not keep Amir and I am not ready to trade Amir away.

Comment

Did your hypothetical dream situation just get ruined because you had to choose between Lebron or Amir?

Comment

lol

Comment

I know this is a joke thread but I was actually trying to figure out the other day that if we make the playoffs...

under what circumstances could we make the conference finals? (cause we aren't making the finals)

I think we could definitely take a first round if we finished 4th 5th or 6th.... but in the second round would we be forced to face either Pacers or Heat?

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                              I know this is a joke thread but I was actually trying to figure out the other day that if we make the playoffs...

under what circumstances could we make the conference finals? (cause we aren't making the finals)

I think we could definitely take a first round if we finished 4th 5th or 6th.... but in the second round would we be forced to face either Pacers or Heat?
                              Brooke Lopez is out and I made a thread about it. Conference final is within our grasp.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ly-tanking-now
                              Last edited by Jamshid; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X