Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 177

Thread: Are we really tanking now ?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    atlanta are 15-12.
    washington are 12-13.
    bobcats are 12-13.
    detroit are 13-15.

    all of their records are currently better than ours.
    Also, Jamshid claimed that Amir, DD and Lowry were better than their respective players at those positions, so in order:

    Atlanta has Paul Millsap at PF, Kyle Korver at SG and Jeff Teague at PG. Advantage: Atlanta. Easily.
    Washington has Nene at PF, Bradley Beal at SG and John Wall at PG. Advantage: none, but only because of Nene's injuries otherwise this would be a Washington win.
    Charlotte has McBob at PF, MKG at SG and Kemba Walker at PG. Advantage: maybe us but only by a little.
    Detroit has Greg Monroe at PF, Stuckey at SG and Jennings at PG. Advantage: us.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dallas was the first team the Raptors beat with a winning percentage better than .500. They won by one point in OT and it could have been a loss if Ellis was able to score at the end (like Walker did the game before).

    The more likely scenario is that Toronto ends up in 9th in the East. MU will probably need an umbrella to ward off all those flying eggs. I wonder if P. Diddy still has that guy that carries that umbrella for him? Maybe he could loan that guy to MU for the summer?

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we are clearly better then 5 of those teams, then why are all 5 ahead of us in the standings ? Clearly 5 flukes at the exact same time.

  4. Like magoon liked this post
  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we lose the next 2 games and we're back to depress train

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    we lose the next 2 games and we're back to depress train
    Then two wins right after that against NY and everyone's saying we're champs haha
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Dallas was the first team the Raptors beat with a winning percentage better than .500. They won by one point in OT and it could have been a loss if Ellis was able to score at the end (like Walker did the game before).

    The more likely scenario is that Toronto ends up in 9th in the East. MU will probably need an umbrella to ward off all those flying eggs. I wonder if P. Diddy still has that guy that carries that umbrella for him? Maybe he could loan that guy to MU for the summer?
    I actually won't be upset at MU if the team finishes 9th. I'll be super pissed in general, but not at him. This is still largely BC's doing after all. Masai has already made the most critical move for "growth", which is what he deemed to be the purpose of the season. He traded a black hole on the court that was totally compromising their flexibility off it for improved flexibility and guys who won't hinder the growth of our young players. So far he's doing a better job than I would've expected from any GM....which is why I thought they might re-up BC for the year and then give a new guy an easier pile of crap to work with next summer.

    Can't expect him to turn a ton of shit into a ton of gold right away. And I still expect to see Lowry shipped off at some point.

    *I'm also not trying to imply the Raptors roster is total crap, but that Gay's presence was awful and never going to work and immediately created a situation where I could see any GM saying when offered the job "I'm not touching that pile of crap with a 10 ft pole". Thankfully, Masai has a soft spot for Toronto.

  8. Like Fully liked this post
  9. #27
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I actually won't be upset at MU if the team finishes 9th. I'll be super pissed in general, but not at him. This is still largely BC's doing after all. Masai has already made the most critical move for "growth", which is what he deemed to be the purpose of the season. He traded a black hole on the court that was totally compromising their flexibility off it for improved flexibility and guys who won't hinder the growth of our young players. So far he's doing a better job than I would've expected from any GM....which is why I thought they might re-up BC for the year and then give a new guy an easier pile of crap to work with next summer.

    Can't expect him to turn a ton of shit into a ton of gold right away. And I still expect to see Lowry shipped off at some point.

    *I'm also not trying to imply the Raptors roster is total crap, but that Gay's presence was awful and never going to work and immediately created a situation where I could see any GM saying when offered the job "I'm not touching that pile of crap with a 10 ft pole". Thankfully, Masai has a soft spot for Toronto.
    Yeah good point.. I'll throw my eggs at BC instead.

  10. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    "Easily the 3rd best team in the east" is a stretch...

    There's no point in people making these threads all the time...

    When we win it's "AHA!!! I TOLD YOU WE'RE NOT TANKING!".
    When we lose it's "SEE!!! UJIRI IS NOT GOING TO STAY TRAPPED IN THE MIDDLE, LOWRY AND DD ARE GONE!"

    How about we all relax and just wait to see what Masai does. It'll be pretty clear what direction we're headed in soon. I'm a pro-tanker myself, but like I've said in basically every thread, there are viable alternatives to it.
    I don't know about "It'll be pretty clear what direction we're headed in soon", seeing as MU keeps things pretty close to the chest, and shows all signs of being patient to make wise decisions,,,,,, based on the cards he's dealt (trade offers?), and with no hard time frame to anything.

    As far as anti-tankers getting a tad more vocal again, that's to be expected since all the tanker chest beating following the Gay trade (still can't quite figure out why making the team better was a tank move, but whatever), and the multiple "I can't believe people still can't see that the tank is in full-on mode" statements. Whatever side your on, open your mouth wide enough, often enough, and somebody's going to dump in it.

  11. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Atlanta has Paul Millsap at PF, Kyle Korver at SG and Jeff Teague at PG. Advantage: Atlanta. Easily.
    Washington has Nene at PF, Bradley Beal at SG and John Wall at PG. Advantage: none, but only because of Nene's injuries otherwise this would be a Washington win.
    Charlotte has McBob at PF, MKG at SG and Kemba Walker at PG. Advantage: maybe us but only by a little.
    Detroit has Greg Monroe at PF, Stuckey at SG and Jennings at PG. Advantage: us.
    I don't know how you think these players are better than ours.

    Millsap = Amir ( Amir is putting up better numbers)
    Lowry > Jeff Teague ( Teague is trudging this year and he is not the same player)
    DD > Krover ( no need to explain)

    Wall = lowry ( wall has lots of hype but he never delivered, look at the numbers)
    DD > Beal ( no question)
    Amir > Nene ( Nene is a shadow of himself this season, look at the numbers)

    And the other two team : Piston and CHA, you agree with me that we are better team. MU can do 1 or more trades and really take this team to next level.

  12. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jeffrey Taylor is done for the year with a ruptured Achilles. Take that for what it is.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  13. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    And the other two team : Piston and CHA, you agree with me that we are better team. MU can do 1 or more trades and really take this team to next level.
    And what is that next level for you? 3rd in the East?
    Do you think that we're close enough to compete and beat either the Pacers or one of the top 4 teams in the West in a 7 game series?

  14. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Then two wins right after that against NY and everyone's saying we're champs haha
    It's like a roller coaster ride.

  15. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    And what is that next level for you? 3rd in the East?
    Do you think that we're close enough to compete and beat either the Pacers or one of the top 4 teams in the West in a 7 game series?
    No we will not best Indiana. However , since 1995 we have one playoff series win. If Raps can win Atlantic and and get into second round I'm all for it. If we finish eighth and get swept or 9th I agree with all the tankers.

  16. Like Jamshid liked this post
  17. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    ...If we finish eighth and get swept or 9th I agree with all the tankers.
    Well after it is too late to "tank."

    We'll see how that works out for the future of the franchise.

  18. Like Letter N liked this post
  19. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    And what is that next level for you? 3rd in the East?
    Do you think that we're close enough to compete and beat either the Pacers or one of the top 4 teams in the West in a 7 game series?
    One step at a time ... You don't build a championship team in one season. This season we push for the 3rd in the East and a very competitive play off which we are very capable of now. Next year, with the growth of Big Val and Ross and DD and our ACE AMIR, we will see internal growth and can attract FA too so some improvement that way.
    The following year we can go after stars like Durant, Love and Westbrooks and ... they will all be willing to come ... we will have a dominate team that has been competing for few years.

  20. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    I don't know how you think these players are better than ours.

    Millsap = Amir ( Amir is putting up better numbers)
    Lowry > Jeff Teague ( Teague is trudging this year and he is not the same player)
    DD > Krover ( no need to explain)

    Wall = lowry ( wall has lots of hype but he never delivered, look at the numbers)
    DD > Beal ( no question)
    Amir > Nene ( Nene is a shadow of himself this season, look at the numbers)

    And the other two team : Piston and CHA, you agree with me that we are better team. MU can do 1 or more trades and really take this team to next level.
    How is it that Amir is putting up better numbers than Paul Millsap?
    Kyle Lowry is better than John Wall? AYFKM???? lol
    And Beal is a second year guy, who is putting up close to identical numbers as DeMar, with a MUCH BETTER 3 point shot (46% vs 32%)

    Your outlook on the Raptors seems to be very homerish, no offense.

    But I must admit, Kyle Lowry is better than Kobe Bryant. Just look at the numbers.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  21. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    How is it that Amir is putting up better numbers than Paul Millsap?
    Kyle Lowry is better than John Wall? AYFKM???? lol
    And Beal is a second year guy, who is putting up close to identical numbers as DeMar, with a MUCH BETTER 3 point shot (46% vs 32%)

    Your outlook on the Raptors seems to be very homerish, no offense.

    But I must admit, Kyle Lowry is better than Kobe Bryant. Just look at the numbers.
    Yeah, don't think anything you say could change his mind given how distorted his view seems to be.

  22. Like Mack North liked this post
  23. #38
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    I don't know how you think these players are better than ours.

    Millsap = Amir ( Amir is putting up better numbers)
    Lowry > Jeff Teague ( Teague is trudging this year and he is not the same player)
    DD > Krover ( no need to explain)

    Wall = lowry ( wall has lots of hype but he never delivered, look at the numbers)
    DD > Beal ( no question)
    Amir > Nene ( Nene is a shadow of himself this season, look at the numbers)

    And the other two team : Piston and CHA, you agree with me that we are better team. MU can do 1 or more trades and really take this team to next level.
    what in the shit are you talking about? first of all you said toronto was better than atlanta/washington/detroit/charlotte because toronto has a better winning record. i already pointed out that every single team you said was worst than toronto, actually has a better winning record than toronto. you decidedly choose to ignore this *fact*. now you're just spouting random crap about players.

    how exactly is millsap = amir? and how is amir 'putting up better numbers'? you're basically just making shit up and put no effort in anything you say.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Dec 21st, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

  24. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If the Raptors can win one of the next two games i may start believing a 2nd round appearance. But i'm staying cautious, if we win great if we lose great (as long as its not a game winner)

  25. #40
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I smell Multipaul...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •