Are we really tanking now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Some perspective, following Washington's win over Boston this afternoon...

Toronto currently has 2 less wins than the 7th place team in the EC.

Toronto currently has 2 more wins than the 14th place team in the EC.

On one hand, the team has been playing some of their best basketball in years.

On one hand, the trade value for DeRozan, Johnson, Lowry, and even Salmons (since coming to Toronto) has never been higher.

Only MU truly knows what Toronto's intentions are at this point in the season.
    Toronto only has 2 more wins than the 2nd worse team in the league... only 2 wins ahead of #2 overall in the lottery standings

Comment

If they make some moves and make the playoffs with a very young team filled with future cap space and flexibility, than I'll be OK with it

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
        Hardly mopped. We were missing one of our best players and still took them to 6 games. I'm betting with Garbo we win that series.
        Nah, man. We got mopped. Kapono was our best guy in that series. Jason Kapono, meng..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NB...ew_Jersey_Nets

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Nah, its gotta be Joel Anthony
        Pretty sure that it is Garth Joseph.

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        how do you know LBF..... have you watched the 2013/14 raptors in action....
        Mamba, you don't even have the right to question me. You and no props were still going poo-poo in your pants and playing simon says during that raps/nets series.
        Last edited by LBF; Sun Dec 22, 2013, 02:09 AM.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          Nah, man. We got mopped. Kapono was our best guy in that series. Jason Kapono, meng..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NB...ew_Jersey_Nets

Pretty sure that it is Garth Joseph.

Mamba, you don't even have the right to question me. You and no props were still going poo-poo in your pants and playing simon says during that raps/nets series.

I KID! I KID! You mean this game from the 80's, right?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            what in the shit are you talking about? first of all you said toronto was better than atlanta/washington/detroit/charlotte because toronto has a better winning record. i already pointed out that every single team you said was worst than toronto, actually has a better winning record than toronto. you decidedly choose to ignore this *fact*. now you're just spouting random crap about players.

how exactly is millsap = amir? and how is amir 'putting up better numbers'? you're basically just making shit up and put no effort in anything you say.

First of all, Calm Down

Now, you my friend are completly WRONG. You speak of the record like CHA or Atlanta are 10 games ahead of us. The difference is few games and the season is young and we just made our major change of moving Gay.

Now, as far as the numbers goes, do not believe the hype of ESPN for Wall and Millsap and ... Look at the numbers for this season. Just look at them and you will see it backs my claim about Lowry and AMIR and DD.

Numbers don't lie my friend.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
              First of all, Calm Down

Now, you my friend are completly WRONG. You speak of the record like CHA or Atlanta are 10 games ahead of us. The difference is few games and the season is young and we just made our major change of moving Gay.

Now, as far as the numbers goes, do not believe the hype of ESPN for Wall and Millsap and ... Look at the numbers for this season. Just look at them and you will see it backs my claim about Lowry and AMIR and DD.

Numbers don't lie my friend.
              I've looked at the numbers, and what you are still claiming does not equate. Maybe you can show some numbers to back-up your argument?

Comment

Even after our major change we managed to lose to the Horncats who were without their starting SF. Atlanta would eat us alive, no question. Need I remind you that if you take away the win against Dallas and one win against either the Bull or Lakers (who happened to lay an egg for a game while we managed to play well post-trade)...our record would be 8-16 instead of 10-14.

We have hit a hot streak and a lot of people are saying that we are a legit option to make the playoffs. Just take a step back and put things in perspective...we are only in the playoffs right now because every other team is really crappy (and yet we are still below .500 playing those shitty teams)...and on the flip side we are 4 wins from being the WORST TEAM in the league. 4 wins.

As much as I love Amir...Millsap is better in every aspect while using a higher percentage of the offense. See link below for the stats comparison:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...lspa01&y2=2014

If I were you I would believe the hype about Millsap.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Even after our major change we managed to lose to the Horncats who were without their starting SF. Atlanta would eat us alive, no question. Need I remind you that if you take away the win against Dallas and one win against either the Bull or Lakers (who happened to lay an egg for a game while we managed to play well post-trade)...our record would be 8-16 instead of 10-14.

We have hit a hot streak and a lot of people are saying that we are a legit option to make the playoffs. Just take a step back and put things in perspective...we are only in the playoffs right now because every other team is really crappy (and yet we are still below .500 playing those shitty teams)...and on the flip side we are 4 wins from being the WORST TEAM in the league. 4 wins.

As much as I love Amir...Millsap is better in every aspect while using a higher percentage of the offense. See link below for the stats comparison:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...lspa01&y2=2014

If I were you I would believe the hype about Millsap.
                  This game works both ways.

I could "take away" the close loss to Charlotte and maybe the close loss to the Nets and we're 12-12, and the 4th seed.

Can't just take away the result of games and use that as a measuring stick, sorry.

Comment

I don't know how you think these players are better than ours.

Millsap = Amir ( Amir is putting up better numbers)
                    Lowry > Jeff Teague ( Teague is trudging this year and he is not the same player)
                    DD > Krover ( no need to explain)

Wall = lowry ( wall has lots of hype but he never delivered, look at the numbers)
                    DD > Beal ( no question)
                    Amir > Nene ( Nene is a shadow of himself this season, look at the numbers)

And the other two team : Piston and CHA, you agree with me that we are better team. MU can do 1 or more trades and really take this team to next level.
                    Is this a serious answer?
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                      This game works both ways.

I could "take away" the close loss to Charlotte and maybe the close loss to the Nets and we're 12-12, and the 4th seed.

Can't just take away the result of games and use that as a measuring stick, sorry.
                      We were supposed to lose those games because they are better teams...just like we were supposed to lose against the Bulls and Lakers because they are better teams.

We are 3 wins from the 7th seed...4 wins from being the worst team in the NBA, one of these things is no man's land

Masai PLZ

Comment

Just here to remind you guys that we may never have been tanking.

That's all, carry on.

Comment

I don't know how you think these players are better than ours.

Millsap = Amir ( Amir is putting up better numbers)
                          Lowry > Jeff Teague ( Teague is trudging this year and he is not the same player)
                          DD > Krover ( no need to explain)

Wall = lowry ( wall has lots of hype but he never delivered, look at the numbers)
                          DD > Beal ( no question)
                          Amir > Nene ( Nene is a shadow of himself this season, look at the numbers)

And the other two team : Piston and CHA, you agree with me that we are better team. MU can do 1 or more trades and really take this team to next level.
                          lol this is the funniest thing i've read in some time ... i actually laffed out loud for real

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                            laffed out loud
                            *facepalm*

But yes the comparisons are a little far fetched....ignorance is bliss I guess

Comment

Numbers don't lie guys. Look at the season average for players that we mentioned for Atlanta, Washington and compare it with averages for guys like Lowry, Amir and DD AFTER the Gay trade. The key here is AFTER Rude Gay trade. Also, look at how these numbers are just getting better and we have an upward trend in the data.

Check out the numbers. This team is the BEST 3rd team in East NOW and with few small trades, they can surprise all in the play offs.

Comment

I think we can still tank if we move Lowry.

Were lucky that Nets/Knicks/Pistons/Wizards all set up without draft picks that they'll do everything in their power to have a post season.

They sold the farm, so hopefully they'll make short sighted moves that'll ensure we can tank...That said we gotta start losing games now.

Though the home & home series with the knicks could easily leave us at 0.500 for the week.. :\
                                Last edited by RNsteve; Sun Dec 22, 2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X