Are we really tanking now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamshid wrote: View Post
    In no shape of form I am suggesting this team is perfect. It needs a super star to add to this mix but we DON'T have to get that super star through the draft. We should compete this year and then move guys that do not fit our system ( Filed, Patterson, Novak, Hansbrough, Daye and Draft picks we have) to get that star player in a year or TWO
    Similar to nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd, nothing attracts a star like a star.

Raps have no true stars.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Similar to nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd, nothing attracts a star like a star.

Raps have no true stars.
      If we are claiming that Amir is a top 10 PF in the league and DD is already top 7 SG in this league and Big Val is an untouchable young promising centre, a star in making ... and all these guys are young and ... then in a year or two, we will have few stars in this team. What we don't have is a SUPER STAR that a culture of wining can bring here.

Comment

At this point we can't be looking to tank, but unfortunately unless we sit down and work out a number with Lowry that works for both teams, we gotta move him and then that's when we'll actually be tanking. Who knows maybe Lowry will recognize this is his best chance to start and make a difference and will sign for 6-8 mil for 2-3 years ( At that point tank is over)

Comment

The ONLY way for this team to tank now is to move Lowry, DD and Amir out of town ASAP. This is a WINING team now and it will win more than it will loose if these players are kept.

It is time for MU to wear his BIG BOY PANTS and decide:

Are we competeing ... if yes, then lets improve just little more to make a meaningful push in play offs.
          Are we tanking ... if yes, then lets move these guys and really let go ...

Staying PUT is just not doing it anymore. THESE GUYS ARE WINNERS

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
            The ONLY way for this team to tank now is to move Lowry, DD and Amir out of town ASAP. This is a WINING team now and it will win more than it will loose if these players are kept.
            Remove Amir/Lowry and the tank rolls on. Demar is definitely not stopping the tank on his own.

Comment

Moving Lowry would be enough for the Raptors to take a nose-dive. He is the straw that stirs this drink right now.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                Moving Lowry would be enough for the Raptors to take a nose-dive. He is the straw that stirs this drink right now.
                i think this depends on the pg that comes back. i don't think masai just moves the bucket to the new hole, he seems to patch the leak and then move on.

i also think vasquez is a starting caliber pg in this league.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Raps have no true stars.
                  We do have a star and his name is Amir Johnson. If Noah can be considered a star player than so can Johnson and since the Gay trade he has looked like one of the best power forwards in the league. He may not have gaudy stats but if I'm a free agent looking for a landing spot I can't think of many players I'd rather be beside. Hustle is a skill and Amir may be the best at it in the game today.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                    Remove Amir/Lowry and the tank rolls on. Demar is definitely not stopping the tank on his own.
                    Exactly, but the big question is what are we getting back for Amir/Lowry? From past history I am sure MU is not selling for 10c on the $, and looks like the offers for Lowry are not overwhelming. MU WILL NOT TANK JUST FOR THE SAKE OF TANKING!!! If he can get good value for our assets and get us in good shape couple of years down the road, then sure. Right now I would not be the least surprised if MU tries to get Lowry to contract extension in the 4 years, 30$ range.

Comment

• My tank argument has always been predicated on it providing the best odds for sustained winning at NBA Champion contenders level. However, the injuries to Rose, Lopez, the general shiza that is the East, and the fact that Masai doesn't seem to be getting the value for Lowry that he needs to make a move and the wins we rack up waiting for Masai's terms to be met means that the odds are speedily decreasing. A win against the Spurs tonight will mean I will ponder removing my tank avatar.

Also my love of basketball means I can't trade Amir for anything less than a guaranteed top ten pick, maybe even top 5.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                        We do have a star and his name is Amir Johnson. If Noah can be considered a star player than so can Johnson and since the Gay trade he has looked like one of the best power forwards in the league. He may not have gaudy stats but if I'm a free agent looking for a landing spot I can't think of many players I'd rather be beside. Hustle is a skill and Amir may be the best at it in the game today.
                        This is the problem and I hate to be blunt:

Amir Johnson is not a f*cking star!!!!!

Who did Noah lure to play with him in 2010? A second tier free agent that the Bulls want to get rid of 3 years later after shelling out a max contract.

Raptor fans don't know what a star is because they've been exposed to Bargnanis and derozans pushed as franchise cornerstones for years.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          This is the problem and I hate to be blunt:

Amir Johnson is not a f*cking star!!!!!

Who did Noah lure to play with him in 2010? A second tier free agent that the Bulls want to get rid of 3 years later after shelling out a max contract.

Raptor fans don't know what a star is because they've been exposed to Bargnanis and derozans pushed as franchise cornerstones for years.
                          Even then matt52....

.... who did Vince or Bosh lure here? a 90 year old Hakeem and a who will give me my last pay day cheque Hedo?

I mean I agree with you, its just that I don't think having a star is enough in today's day and age of $s, transportation, and communication with an ever tightening CBA.

I know we have watched Lebron, Chris Paul, Dwight and Melo want to to ban together to form winners... but they also did it by choosing a list of their possible destinations ahead of time, not react to what arose as the 'best opportunity' with a star.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
                            Even then matt52....

.... who did Vince or Bosh lure here? a 90 year old Hakeem and a who will give me my last pay day cheque Hedo?

I mean I agree with you, its just that I don't think having a star is enough in today's day and age of $s, transportation, and communication with an ever tightening CBA.

I know we have watched Lebron, Chris Paul, Dwight and Melo want to to ban together to form winners... but they also did it by choosing a list of their possible destinations ahead of time, not react to what arose as the 'best opportunity' with a star.
                            You're probably right. Bulls also had Rose too.

The draft is where Toronto is going to make their mark. Sure there are great examples of stars in the teens picked but overwhelming majority of stars come out of top of draft,

Comment

• I read that Lebron said recently he wants no part of winters anymore and won't go north when he leaves.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                                are you serious? if you were a star FA, amir johnson would be one of the top players you'd want next to you? jesus christ. i feel like you don't watch any other basketball other than raptors games.

Comment

Working...
                                X