X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derozan trade.

To Minnesota: Fields, Green, Bledsoe.
    To Phoenix: Derozan, Muhammad, Buycks.
    To Toronto: Martin, Dieng, Goodwin with Minny's 2 2014 second round picks and one of Phoenix's 2014 first round.

Why Minny does it?
    They need a young scorer and Bledsoe can really play the 2 with Rubio. Fields and Green are really good players to have coming off your bench.

Why Phoenix does it?
    They get a good player, good scorer who can facilitate and can rebound. Derozan's the star of this deal and Phoenix should be happy to get him. Muhammad and Buycks are young and serviceable.

Why Toronto does it?
    They acquire the least money in this deal. Three picks for the 2014 draft and they get exciting prospects in Goodwin and Dieng. Plus Kevin Martin is a pretty good player that has a Derozan deal but makes less money.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...Proposal-Forum
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
      To Minnesota: Fields, Green, Bledsoe.
      To Phoenix: Derozan, Muhammad, Buycks.
      To Toronto: Martin, Dieng, Goodwin with Minny's 2 2014 second round picks and one of Phoenix's 2014 first round.

Why Minny does it?
      They need a young scorer and Bledsoe can really play the 2 with Rubio. Fields and Green are really good players to have coming off your bench.

Why Phoenix does it?
      They get a good player, good scorer who can facilitate and can rebound. Derozan's the star of this deal and Phoenix should be happy to get him. Muhammad and Buycks are young and serviceable.

Why Toronto does it?
      They acquire the least money in this deal. Three picks for the 2014 draft and they get exciting prospects in Goodwin and Dieng. Plus Kevin Martin is a pretty good player that has a Derozan deal but makes less money.
      Why DeRozan and not Bledsoe?

From the Suns point of view, it's Bledsoe, a good prospect (Goodwin) and a 2014 1st *for* DeRozan, Muhammad and Buick. That's very lopsided.

Comment

Phoenix maybe does this if you exchange Dragic for Bledsoe (not sure the numbers still work).

Minnesota is pulling a heist in this trade.

And I don't like it for us either. We're essentially trading DeRozan for a mid-late 1st, and not even relieving ourselves of his salary since we're taking KMart (who is significantly older) back.

Comment

I've tried this on ESPN trade machine and it works perfectly.
          Also, with acquiring K-Mart, he's good enough to attract other teams by himself to be traded. We don't have to keep him.
          Derozan and Bledsoe are both the stars of this trade, my mistake for only saying Demar was.
          Last edited by Jordan Evans; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Get that garbage outta here

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
              And I don't like it for us either. We're essentially trading DeRozan for a mid-late 1st, and not even relieving ourselves of his salary since we're taking KMart (who is significantly older) back.
              I'd do it, assuming it's not Indiana's pick. Archie Goodwin looks like a legit prospect, just a few years away. Elite physical gifts, high energy on the defensive end, very young. This is the type of project I'd love to get. At the very least he's going to be a defensive backup for a long time. At best, who knows. He reminds me of Bledsoe at the start of his Clippers career.

And Kevin Martin should be movable. This is not a bad contract. For example, if OKC is still looking at vet scorer trades, then Kevin Martin would fit the profile.
              Dieng and seconds are sweeteners but nice to have. Dieng has one NBA skill and he's probably going to stick around as a backup for some years.

I see this as getting the equivalent of 3 1st round picks and some 2nd rounders for DeMar.

However, I don't see the Suns considering this type of deal, even if it's Dragic instead of Bledsoe.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                Get that garbage outta here
                ^ This.

Comment

Bledsoe isn't going anywhere. 100 percent, unless they get an all-star back.

Comment

We were stupid for not getting him but another story, but no he will be locked up in Phoenix for the years to come

Comment

Another totally delusional tank trade. We give up one good piece (DeMar), a bloated contract who isn't getting floor time (Fields) and a project who may never be a rotation player (Buycks), and get a decent piece in Martin, two young players/projects, and 3 2014 1st round picks.

Sigh....just nonsense.

Comment

it's like the administration is full time on preventing the team to become that; a team.

Comment

Working...
                        X