Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Cheering Thread

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

2. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

These Raptors are a special bunch. High quality leaders like Amir and Lowry paired with high potential younglings like Ross, Derozan, and JV. And now a solid bench of Salmons, Patterson, Hansbrough, Vasquez.

This team has been successful with the 3s, with their D, with their hustle, and with their general level of competitiveness.

This streak of wins is not a mirage, you dont beat OKC, Dallas, Pacers as a fluke. This team is dangerous, and can only become better over time.

The only moves I see coming are cashing in on Kyles insane value right now, and maybe if there is enough hype for Derozan, for him as well (though, must be the right deal). Kyle should 100% send us a first round pick, and maybe we can convince a team to send a young high potential PG on top.
    Im happy to keep Derozan until next year before making too quick a decision. Kyle has his contract running out, so its now or never. Do we want to sign him for the raise he deserves? Because otherwise he walks, whereas we couldve cashed in for picks and younglings.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    These Raptors are a special bunch. High quality leaders like Amir and Lowry paired with high potential younglings like Ross, Derozan, and JV. And now a solid bench of Salmons, Patterson, Hansbrough, Vasquez.

This team has been successful with the 3s, with their D, with their hustle, and with their general level of competitiveness.

This streak of wins is not a mirage, you dont beat OKC, Dallas, Pacers as a fluke. This team is dangerous, and can only become better over time.

The only moves I see coming are cashing in on Kyles insane value right now, and maybe if there is enough hype for Derozan, for him as well (though, must be the right deal). Kyle should 100% send us a first round pick, and maybe we can convince a team to send a young high potential PG on top.
    Im happy to keep Derozan until next year before making too quick a decision. Kyle has his contract running out, so its now or never. Do we want to sign him for the raise he deserves? Because otherwise he walks, whereas we couldve cashed in for picks and younglings.
    what team has a young high potential PG to give up that needs lowry?

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    what team has a young high potential PG to give up that needs lowry?
    option 1) Hardaway Jr is 21 (add Shumpert as well)
    option 2) Trey Burke is 21

Any of those two options plus a lottery pick should be enough for one of the best PGs currently.

Like I said, Lowry is expiring. Getting some useful young returns (that wont help us win now) AND a lottery pick would be stellar.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    option 1) Hardaway Jr is 21 (add Shumpert as well)
    option 2) Trey Burke is 21

Any of those two options plus a lottery pick should be enough for one of the best PGs currently.

Like I said, Lowry is expiring. Getting some useful young returns (that wont help us win now) AND a lottery pick would be stellar.
    hardaway is not a PG. shumpert is a PG that doesn't pass. this helps us in the long run how?

trey burke isn't going anywhere. why would utah who clearly is tanking by dropping both millsap and jefferson, give up a young prospect for lowry?

not trying to be an asshole, but just wondering how this would make sense for us or other teams to do.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 2nd, 2014 at 01:53 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, Ford must be the only guy around that knew MU was gunning for the No. 1 pick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Ha, Ford must be the only guy around that knew MU was gunning for the No. 1 pick.
    Well, a few people around here apparently "knew" too.

Ford, Lowe, Wolstat, et al, are writers, not basketball experts, not psychologists in GMs heads, not even in MU's office, or the Raps practice court. They guess, they grasp rumours, most of which is made up shit, and write what's most important: to get hits.

GO RAPTORS!!! You've got many fans behind you, despite those few bent on tearing you down.

Post Thanks / Like

Big game tonight folks. Like Doug Smith said yesterday on Tim and Sid, this game against the Wiz will be very telling about where this team is going this season. It's probably more important as an indicator then the following games against Miami and Indy. We are supposed to lose against the Heat and Pacers regardless of how this team is performing. But the Wiz are in a similar position as we are, and have been playing better as of late. They will want to beat this surging Raps team at home. We need this W against an Eastern conference competitor. Can put us to 10-7 on the road I believe, and help keep us in the conversation as the best second tier East team. Don't let off on the peddle, keep playing that tough D and make the Wiz work for everything they get! Go Raps!!

11. Like consmap, Nilanka, Superjudge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

more love
    6 minutes of pure raps love from the starters
    I'm actually starting to like them, they are live-er then the guys on tnt
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

13. Like consmap, JawsGT liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    more love
    6 minutes of pure raps love from the starters
    I'm actually starting to like them, they are live-er then the guys on tnt
    Yeah, lively fun Raptors talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Key victory over the Wiz! And a statement victory too! This team is looking good. Go Raps!!

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^I really liked how they came out in the third and put the Wiz away, I don't think we have seen that from a Raptors team in years

17. Like Mack North liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Reyaz123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Indirect message by Dwane Casey

Via fox sports:
    "They are trusting each other," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "Nobody has an ego, thinking they should get `X' number of shots. When one guy is down, the next guy picks him up. Everybody is cheering for each other."

Sounds like to me he is making a reference to what Rudy used to tell the team by being a "poison" by "x" number of shots.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe. might also be reading a little too inbetween the lines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    ^I really liked how they came out in the third and put the Wiz away, I don't think we have seen that from a Raptors team in years
    it was all Terrence

21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Yeah, lively fun Raptors talk.
    I dont see what the problem is, a little recognition is nice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    I dont see what the problem is, a little recognition is nice
    I wasn't making fun, just stating a fact. Those guys were lively, having fun and it was Raptors talk. I enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of consider this thread as the random thread hahaha I love you guys
    last nights memes

25. Like JawsGT, OldSkoolCool, Bendit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the "Access Denied" pic.

Great stuff.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information