No announcement yet.

The Cheering Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am actually excited for the next game and can't wait. We go from dead in the water and no emotion to actually competing and playing old school ball, grind it out. Love to see our guys not worry about making mistakes and actually getting back to try and make a play on defense. Demar did this a couple of times last night after making bad turnovers, he hustled his ass back and got the steal. Awesome job!!!!!

We would of never seen this before. I also noticed( or my little one did) the fans were in the seats and not empty. Funny how the winning is making a difference in the city.

Were in the driver's seat now. For all the tankers, sorry but maybe draft night we unload for a pick, but right now lets just enjoy the ride, watching these young guys play there asses off for us, heart, passion, and some old school attitude against one of the best physical defenses in the league.

I love how physical JV plays, for a young guy he is really beginning to turn heads, playing the way he does.

Raps on the rise

Comment

I wanted two things:

1- Rudy gone for a first rounder
      2- Lowry gone for a first rounder

Rudy is gone for multiple back ups and flexibility which is a win, and Lowry is just flat out proving me wrong.

This team is forcing me to change my avatar.

Comment

From NBA.com...
        Toronto Raptors — Let’s Make Another Deal: GM Masai Ujiri has turned into the Canadian version of the Rockets’ Daryl Morey in his first season with the club, unloading anybody on the roster who might sit still for a minute. He’s sitting there with a solid young core of DeMar DeRozan, Terrence Ross and Jonas Valanciunas and an impressive win over the Thunder in Oklahoma City, so things might finally be turning around for what might be the NBA’s most loyal fan base. There’s no reason to stop the housecleaning and payroll paring at this point, so look for more activity before the trade deadline.
        Screw tanking, lets stand behind that statement and cheer for our guys!

Comment

Speaking as a pro-tanker, I can't say how proud I am of the boys last night. What an incredible win.

When Indy went on their run to start the 3rd quarter, it felt like reality was about to set in. Kudos to Casey and the crew for not bending.

This team is showing some incredible character over the past few weeks. With the opportunity to tank all but vanished, the only thing left to do is to keep this momentum going.

Great work, Raptors!

Comment

No tank. Win. Awesome.
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...101/daily-dime
              http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489342
              ESPN cares ESPN cares!!
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

These Raptors are a special bunch. High quality leaders like Amir and Lowry paired with high potential younglings like Ross, Derozan, and JV. And now a solid bench of Salmons, Patterson, Hansbrough, Vasquez.

This team has been successful with the 3s, with their D, with their hustle, and with their general level of competitiveness.

This streak of wins is not a mirage, you dont beat OKC, Dallas, Pacers as a fluke. This team is dangerous, and can only become better over time.

The only moves I see coming are cashing in on Kyles insane value right now, and maybe if there is enough hype for Derozan, for him as well (though, must be the right deal). Kyle should 100% send us a first round pick, and maybe we can convince a team to send a young high potential PG on top.
                Im happy to keep Derozan until next year before making too quick a decision. Kyle has his contract running out, so its now or never. Do we want to sign him for the raise he deserves? Because otherwise he walks, whereas we couldve cashed in for picks and younglings.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  These Raptors are a special bunch. High quality leaders like Amir and Lowry paired with high potential younglings like Ross, Derozan, and JV. And now a solid bench of Salmons, Patterson, Hansbrough, Vasquez.

This team has been successful with the 3s, with their D, with their hustle, and with their general level of competitiveness.

This streak of wins is not a mirage, you dont beat OKC, Dallas, Pacers as a fluke. This team is dangerous, and can only become better over time.

The only moves I see coming are cashing in on Kyles insane value right now, and maybe if there is enough hype for Derozan, for him as well (though, must be the right deal). Kyle should 100% send us a first round pick, and maybe we can convince a team to send a young high potential PG on top.
                  Im happy to keep Derozan until next year before making too quick a decision. Kyle has his contract running out, so its now or never. Do we want to sign him for the raise he deserves? Because otherwise he walks, whereas we couldve cashed in for picks and younglings.
                  what team has a young high potential PG to give up that needs lowry?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    what team has a young high potential PG to give up that needs lowry?
                    option 1) Hardaway Jr is 21 (add Shumpert as well)
                    option 2) Trey Burke is 21

Any of those two options plus a lottery pick should be enough for one of the best PGs currently.

Like I said, Lowry is expiring. Getting some useful young returns (that wont help us win now) AND a lottery pick would be stellar.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      option 1) Hardaway Jr is 21 (add Shumpert as well)
                      option 2) Trey Burke is 21

Any of those two options plus a lottery pick should be enough for one of the best PGs currently.

Like I said, Lowry is expiring. Getting some useful young returns (that wont help us win now) AND a lottery pick would be stellar.
                      hardaway is not a PG. shumpert is a PG that doesn't pass. this helps us in the long run how?

trey burke isn't going anywhere. why would utah who clearly is tanking by dropping both millsap and jefferson, give up a young prospect for lowry?

not trying to be an asshole, but just wondering how this would make sense for us or other teams to do.
                      Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 2, 2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

More from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ew-course-2014

Comment

Ha, Ford must be the only guy around that knew MU was gunning for the No. 1 pick.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Ha, Ford must be the only guy around that knew MU was gunning for the No. 1 pick.
                            Well, a few people around here apparently "knew" too.

Ford, Lowe, Wolstat, et al, are writers, not basketball experts, not psychologists in GMs heads, not even in MU's office, or the Raps practice court. They guess, they grasp rumours, most of which is made up shit, and write what's most important: to get hits.

GO RAPTORS!!! You've got many fans behind you, despite those few bent on tearing you down.

Comment

Big game tonight folks. Like Doug Smith said yesterday on Tim and Sid, this game against the Wiz will be very telling about where this team is going this season. It's probably more important as an indicator then the following games against Miami and Indy. We are supposed to lose against the Heat and Pacers regardless of how this team is performing. But the Wiz are in a similar position as we are, and have been playing better as of late. They will want to beat this surging Raps team at home. We need this W against an Eastern conference competitor. Can put us to 10-7 on the road I believe, and help keep us in the conversation as the best second tier East team. Don't let off on the peddle, keep playing that tough D and make the Wiz work for everything they get! Go Raps!!

Comment

more love
                                6 minutes of pure raps love from the starters
                                I'm actually starting to like them, they are live-er then the guys on tnt
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X