No announcement yet.

The Cheering Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is going to be a barren wasteland after the trade deadline but enjoy now!
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      This thread is going to be a barren wasteland after the trade deadline but enjoy now!
      Point that out again later, I want this thread to stay on the front page!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        I believe this thread was created with the specific request that it be the only one barren of this kind of bullshit, but looking at the avatar as a symbol, it must have been difficult to squeeze that head out of that sweaty, dark hole, so the effort has to be applauded. That being said, you're just making a fool of yourself when being presumptuous enough to think you know what fans that actually enjoy good basketball and wins by their team will do, based upon whatever your crystal ball tells you

Comment

Seriously though, if you're a Raps fan. I dont know how you can watch the game and cheer for them to lose. Can't do that sorry.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

/hi5 go raps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to see demar and Amir rise up to the next level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                Just a joke, of course

Any fan not subject to mood swings is a cold, heartless bastard.
                hahahha as a fan, i'm fucking bipolar..... i like it better this way. hahahahah

Comment

I don't understand all this talk about tanking! I have no desire to watch the Raptor's lose games. I am a season ticket holder who comes in from Burlington to watch all the Raptor games and ; do I have the desire to come all that way to watch them lose; absolutely not!!!! I want them to win every game I watch or at least compete and make it worth while me watching. I am an avid fan both myself and my wife and yes I do want them to draft well but at the same time not tank for a better draft pick!! Need-less to say even if you end up last you still aren't guarantied the no. 1 pick or as far as the no 2 either; you could drop to no 3 !! I am so pleased with the Raptor's now they are playing team ball with lots of passing and good open shots. The problem I have now is the talk of trading Lowry and Demar. I think first Maisi should possibly offer Lowry an extended contract if he would take it because they are playing so well as a team. Forget about even thinking about trading Demar and look at dumping Fields or someone else who is not in the rotation order. That's where we have to get better and then hope for the highest draft pick we can get.. No. 1 job is to please the fans and the season ticket holders and that would be to make the playoffs as it has been many years since we have been there!!! All I have now to say is " GO RAPTOR'S GO.....make the playoffs and continue winning ! "

Comment

Didn't know where to put this:

WHY DIDN'T AMIR WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK?? dude is a beast. haven't even checked out the stats to back myself up, but I don't care. He wasn't even an honorable mention

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      This thread is for all those fans that actually want the Raptors to WIN the games they play. This thread is for positivity in relation to the team, players, coaches, management, etc. to show them that we SUPPORT them in their battle for W's.

I'll admit, I jumped on the tank brigade some weeks ago prior to the Rudy Gay trade. The team was awful with Rudy in the lineup. Their were obvious trust issues, obvious chemistry issues, and Rudy seemingly had just as much control over the team as Casey did.

But now...it's completely different. There really is no comparison between the current team and the team with Rudy. There is ball movement, there is trust, there is chemistry, and better yet, there is an obvious belief that we can win games and succeed. EVERY player looks better now compared to when Rudy was here. Casey too. Now I'm not advocating standing pat with this roster by no means, but I will NEVER again put myself in a situation where I hope the team loses games. I am ashamed that I fell under that spell.

I now firmly believe in this team and franchise. I firmly believe that good things are going to happen and that there is no where to go but up. I no longer believe that crashing for this years draft is the best option for the franchise or me as a fan. I cheer, I want to win games...every game. That's the role I'm comfortable with. I am not comfortable with the role of cheering for losses.

We are 7-6 on the road and only 4-8 at home, this thread created after the OKC victory. Is there some reason why this team performs poorly at home? Could it have something to do with all the negativity regarding the roster and coaching and what not in the media and sites like this one? Doesn't seem likely, but this team needs to know they are playing for more than just themselves, they are playing for US too, and we are here to support them.

Add your comments if you please, but if you disagree please do not fill this thread with tanking crap and claiming that we want this team to win for all eternity, not just this season. It's been said a thousand times before and it's now falling on my deaf ears. Even if this success is short lived, even if MU decides to shake things up more, I will continue to cheer for this team and the players on it. I support you...who else?

GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO
                      Nice post. On board with you. Imagine being positive for a change?

Comment

I completely agree, Amir is at least finally starting to get reconigtion for the difference he makes on both ends of the floor, not just stats, even though his stats are great lately also.

Comment

I like the idea of this thread! To me, the product on the floor matters to me. IF the players are putting their hard earn efforts and heart on the floor every night, whether they win or not, doesn't matter to me as much as they did in the beginning. All I wanted for Christmas from the Raps is effort and team play unseen in these parts since the early 2000's... I trust that Masai will do what's best for the team to put the Raps in the best possible position in the present and looking into the future.
                          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

I like your avatar! Is that a real pic? Hahaha... I don't wish that on anyone but that's hilarious.

EDIT: That was meant for BigMak
                            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              This thread is for all those fans that actually want the Raptors to WIN the games they play. This thread is for positivity in relation to the team, players, coaches, management, etc. to show them that we SUPPORT them in their battle for W's.

I'll admit, I jumped on the tank brigade some weeks ago prior to the Rudy Gay trade. The team was awful with Rudy in the lineup. Their were obvious trust issues, obvious chemistry issues, and Rudy seemingly had just as much control over the team as Casey did.

But now...it's completely different. There really is no comparison between the current team and the team with Rudy. There is ball movement, there is trust, there is chemistry, and better yet, there is an obvious belief that we can win games and succeed. EVERY player looks better now compared to when Rudy was here. Casey too. Now I'm not advocating standing pat with this roster by no means, but I will NEVER again put myself in a situation where I hope the team loses games. I am ashamed that I fell under that spell.

I now firmly believe in this team and franchise. I firmly believe that good things are going to happen and that there is no where to go but up. I no longer believe that crashing for this years draft is the best option for the franchise or me as a fan. I cheer, I want to win games...every game. That's the role I'm comfortable with. I am not comfortable with the role of cheering for losses.

We are 7-6 on the road and only 4-8 at home, this thread created after the OKC victory. Is there some reason why this team performs poorly at home? Could it have something to do with all the negativity regarding the roster and coaching and what not in the media and sites like this one? Doesn't seem likely, but this team needs to know they are playing for more than just themselves, they are playing for US too, and we are here to support them.

Add your comments if you please, but if you disagree please do not fill this thread with tanking crap and claiming that we want this team to win for all eternity, not just this season. It's been said a thousand times before and it's now falling on my deaf ears. Even if this success is short lived, even if MU decides to shake things up more, I will continue to cheer for this team and the players on it. I support you...who else?

GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO
                              Great job on this thread! I'm with you bud.

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                                I like your avatar! Is that a real pic? Hahaha... I don't wish that on anyone but that's hilarious.

EDIT: That was meant for BigMak
                                RPT23...Your Avatar is super awesome. Blows all others out of the tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X