Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "The Middle"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    Aren't the Denver nuggets in "no mans land"?
    The nuggets currently have a top 5 pick in this draft courtesy of the Knicks, and already have a playoff team.

That's a pretty damn good situation if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

Denver has also had about the most tumultuous last 5 years possible.
    The Melo saga.
    The rebuild that wasn't a rebuild.
    Good drafting, coach of the year, executive of the year.

...And then the bottom falling right out.
    That's the key.
    Something went sour in that organization - didn't have to.

Denver may be in no man's land now (debatable), but they easily could be a contender if their offseason had gone a different way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    Denver has also had about the most tumultuous last 5 years possible.
    The Melo saga.
    The rebuild that wasn't a rebuild.
    Good drafting, coach of the year, executive of the year.

...And then the bottom falling right out.
    That's the key.
    Something went sour in that organization - didn't have to.

Denver may be in no man's land now (debatable), but they easily could be a contender if their offseason had gone a different way.
    Rich boy owner wants to play GM.

4. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    The nuggets currently have a top 5 pick in this draft courtesy of the Knicks, and already have a playoff team.

That's a pretty damn good situation if you ask me.
    I think the wheels are falking off in Denver. Ujiri and Karl had a vision for making some unique pieces fit together by playing a certain way. That vision/leadership is gone, and now they're waiting for JaVale McGee to find his game and for Galinari to come back from injury aka they're screwed in a really tough conference. Losing Iggy didn't help - he was also a great fit.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I think the wheels are falking off in Denver. Ujiri and Karl had a vision for making some unique pieces fit together by playing a certain way. That vision/leadership is gone, and now they're waiting for JaVale McGee to find his game and for Galinari to come back from injury aka they're screwed in a really tough conference. Losing Iggy didn't help - he was also a great fit.
    I agree, Kroenke ruined it by firing everyone.

Had Ujiri still been in Denver, I think you're looking at a potentially lethal Denver team in 2014-15, with one of the top 6 prospects likely headed there to team up with Lawson/Gallo/Iggy (who Masai would've been sure to re-sign)/McGee and company.

Lawson/Iggy/Gallinari/Randle/McGee

with guys like Miller/Nate/Fournier/Faried/etc off the bench is a filthy team.
    Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Wed Dec 25th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Is it possible that the whole concept of 'mediocrity treadmill' is vastly overblown, and that it is really just a natural step towards success?

This article implies that it's actually a good thing to get to mediocrity....

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/26/wh...of-mediocrity/
    I addressed this article in another thread; I don't think you can trust the validity of these stats because they're trying to pass of each 'year' a team plays as being a discrete and entirely different 'team'. For instance, in the article they mention '...150 contenders', which is a ridiculous notion, given that there are only 30 NBA franchises. To me, this is just a clever but ultimately misleading (and, really, devious) way of inflating sample size to give scientific authority in a case where there shouldn't be any.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I addressed this article in another thread; I don't think you can trust the validity of these stats because they're trying to pass of each 'year' a team plays as being a discrete and entirely different 'team'. For instance, in the article they mention '...150 contenders', which is a ridiculous notion, given that there are only 30 NBA franchises. To me, this is just a clever but ultimately misleading (and, really, devious) way of inflating sample size to give scientific authority in a case where there shouldn't be any.
    Like I said, WoW is a joke.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Exactly. I think people have become overly emotionally damaged by the way BC ran things. He always made sure that he over-spent every available dollar and burned up every possible draft pick, every single year. MU is not BC, folks. And we are not MU, so chill out and enjoy the ride. 2014 draft is not the be all, end all.
    Exactly.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread needs a theme song:

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

11. Like LBF liked this post

Thread Information