"The Middle"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Is it possible that the whole concept of 'mediocrity treadmill' is vastly overblown, and that it is really just a natural step towards success?

This article implies that it's actually a good thing to get to mediocrity....

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/26/wh...of-mediocrity/
    I addressed this article in another thread; I don't think you can trust the validity of these stats because they're trying to pass of each 'year' a team plays as being a discrete and entirely different 'team'. For instance, in the article they mention '...150 contenders', which is a ridiculous notion, given that there are only 30 NBA franchises. To me, this is just a clever but ultimately misleading (and, really, devious) way of inflating sample size to give scientific authority in a case where there shouldn't be any.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      I addressed this article in another thread; I don't think you can trust the validity of these stats because they're trying to pass of each 'year' a team plays as being a discrete and entirely different 'team'. For instance, in the article they mention '...150 contenders', which is a ridiculous notion, given that there are only 30 NBA franchises. To me, this is just a clever but ultimately misleading (and, really, devious) way of inflating sample size to give scientific authority in a case where there shouldn't be any.
      Like I said, WoW is a joke.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Exactly. I think people have become overly emotionally damaged by the way BC ran things. He always made sure that he over-spent every available dollar and burned up every possible draft pick, every single year. MU is not BC, folks. And we are not MU, so chill out and enjoy the ride. 2014 draft is not the be all, end all.
        Exactly.

Comment

This thread needs a theme song:

Comment

Working...
          X