Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fields....

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fields....

Certainly on his way out for something right? get his money off the books?

salmons has effectively replaced him does everything he did while playing maybe except for rebound as wel as Fields. Salmons however provides a vet experience for the team cheaper contract and shooting which Fields sadly didnt get back.

Ujiri must be trying to work him into literally anything but its a tough sell no doubt... must be a head scratcher for him when he was looking over the teams payroll.

Post Thanks / Like

Fields career is a real shame. Confidence-destroying undiagnosed injury, and now he can't even get into the lineup ahead of John fucking Salmons.

If he could ever get his shot and confidence back he'd immediately be an important guy for us. Good instincts, he'd make a good 3 and D guy.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wtf is fields doing? it cannot possibly take this long to regain his shot. Alex mckechnie said his shot would be back by like the start of the season. That is long gone

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

At least we don't hate him like we did bargnani for being injured....

He praises god a lot, so hopefully his god will help him gain the strength to recover his shot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Fileds has Nash to thank for his millions for the rest of his years. Nobody would have given this guy this kind of money and he was blessed to get that contract.

6. Like Miekenstien, bounty liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields is still a very strong ball handler and defender.
    Does anyone remember his defense on Melo or his defense on Gerald Henderson late game against Bobcats this season?

Unfortunately, he's not getting enough PT to get some confidence back in his shot.

I like his effort, rebounding, personality, defense, but if Casey is going to bench him all the time and play him for short stretches with the rest of the bench, he's not going to shine. If he can't shine, then forget about moving him for anything worthwhile.

8. Like ReubenJRD, Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Fields can be moved without bringing back a stinker of a contract. His value in the books is *only* $6.25M but he's worth $8.75M next year.

Not too many GM's are going to want to pay him that much money even if he's an expiring contract next year. I say he rides the pine until his contract ends, and for his sake I hope he gets another gig. He's a good 'team' guy.. just not worth his paycheck. I'd rather have him on the bench than some obnoxious head case.

10. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Wtf is fields doing? it cannot possibly take this long to regain his shot. Alex mckechnie said his shot would be back by like the start of the season. That is long gone
    you ever had nerve damage? YEARS to heal YEARS

12. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://medicalcontent.hubpages.com/h...r-nerve-damage

Fields had the Duchenne's sign and extensive damage had been done before he got treatment.

In cases where it's caught early 3 - 6 months. He might even need another surgery as his shot still looks broken with a bit of a hook at the end.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I'm in year five and just now have tingles - I never expect to get it all back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    When did that Nerve Damage happen ? Was it before of after he signed with us ? It must have been after because if it is as you putting it and would take years and years to heal, than he would have failed his physical exam.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think trading Fields is a priority. He has a terrible contract that would unlikely get the Raps decent return. His trade value will be better this time next year, as an expiring contract. Only way I can see him traded this year is if he's part of a multiplayer deal that makes the "math" work.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bears wrote: View Post
    I really don't think trading Fields is a priority. He has a terrible contract that would unlikely get the Raps decent return. His trade value will be better this time next year, as an expiring contract. Only way I can see him traded this year is if he's part of a multiplayer deal that makes the "math" work.
    Yes - exactly .. he actually has negative value right now - trading him will not happen unless we send another asset somewhere else with him. As painful as it may be, hes best to sit on the bench and act as an injury hedge ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Alex Mckechnie has been an overhyped overpaid failure in T.O.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    Yes - exactly .. he actually has negative value right now - trading him will not happen unless we send another asset somewhere else with him. As painful as it may be, hes best to sit on the bench and act as an injury hedge ..
    Agreed.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Alex Mckechnie has been an overhyped overpaid failure in T.O.
    And the evidence for this would be that he hasn't been able to repair nerve damage with physical therapy? Or strength training? That is what he is paid for actually. I mean strength and conditioning, not nerve damage repair.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If MU blows it up, he'll find a way to include Fields with one of our better assets going out.

Post Thanks / Like

Casey's a piece of shit, he said he's not pressuring Fields to get his shot back and that if he does it will just be a bonus well then why does he get no run?
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Casey's a piece of shit, he said he's not pressuring Fields to get his shot back and that if he does it will just be a bonus well then why does he get no run?
    If you are planning on winning games like Casey is for the sake of your job, do you play a guy who is crippled? Honestly do you?

Last time fields played he missed a 2 dunks and 3 wide open like hes out on an island 3s.... you panic and bench his ass let him continue working with Sterner and Mckhenie in the mean time cause everything else is there which would be great for this team. till then though we got salmons.

Post Thanks / Like

how can casey give him a run if he can't shoot? he's effectively disabled.

25. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information