Ford Would Take Giannis Antetokounmpo First Overall In 2013 Re-Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Would Take Giannis Antetokounmpo First Overall In 2013 Re-Draft

Giannis Antetokounmpo would be selected first overall by Chad Ford if he were to re-draft the 2013 class.

Victor Oladipo would go second again, while Michael Carter-Williams would move up to third overall.

The Cleveland Cavaliers selected Anthony Bennett first overall, while the Washington Wizards took Otto Porter.

The Milwaukee Bucks took Antetokounmpo with the 15th overall pick.
    Can someone please explain this to me?

I haven't watched him play but people are hyping him up like crazy. Why?

You should youtube him. It's a lot about highlights in this case. He's still raw, but there are impressive highlights and there's potential.

I'm not sure I'd take him over Oladipo, but Giannis has obvious talent. Size, length, athleticism, ability to handle, pass, shoot.

Two things have happened since the draft: 1. people saw him play. The same highlight stuff he was showing vs. Greek amateurs last year he's showing vs. NBA players right now. 2. there was that medical data that confirmed that his age is correct and that he's still growing. So you have someone who will likely be a mobile 7 footer with a shot, a handle and brains. That potential is enough to be considered for no.1 overall in the previous draft. If he played vs. relevant competition last year, it's very unlikely he would've dropped that far.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
      Can someone please explain this to me?

I haven't watched him play but people are hyping him up like crazy. Why?
      He has extremely rare physical tools, the only other player with anything close is Durant, but KD doesn't have this guys hands.

On top of that he isn't really even that raw, and he's playing really well. Averaging about 11-6-3 with a block on 45-44-88 shooting since becoming a starter. He definitely has the highest ceiling in the draft

Comment

How they know that this kid is still growing?

I stopped growing when I turned 18.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          How they know that this kid is still growing?

I stopped growing when I turned 18.
          The Bucks had doctors examine him. People have growth plates on their bones which turn into bone as people get older and stop growing. His growth plates are still open. He actually grew by an inch since the draft.

Comment

Looking back at this year's draft class. Holy shit it's bad. One of the worst draft class of all time.

Btw, i'd take MCW 1st overall. Trey Burke 2nd overall.
            Last edited by The Great One; Tue Dec 24, 2013, 07:12 PM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Looking back at this year's draft class. Holy shit it's bad. One of the worst draft class of all time.

Btw, i'd take MCW 1st overall. Trey Burke 2nd overall.
              A draft class has to take at least 2-3 years to develop before you can put a value to it. It looks bad now, but there could be some stars in that class that we haven't heard about as they are still developing. Giannis is a really good example of one.

Comment

Yahoo Fantasy has him listed as SF ... if he mobile enough to play that position at 7ft that would be unheard of... I can see what you guys are saying now.

I remember that Uriji was trying to get him during the draft .... and at 15 he could of been very attainable

either way hopefully he does reach his potential he would be a fun player to watch. Literally living up to the nickname Greek Freak

Comment

He's awesome to watch, great personality. One of my favourite non-Raptor players!

Comment

My retake on the 2013 draft lottery:

1. GA
                    2. Oladipo
                    3. MCW
                    4. Trey Burke
                    5. Hardaway Jr.
                    6. Nerlans Noel
                    7. Mason Plumlee
                    8. Cody Zeller
                    9. Steven Adams
                    10. Olynyk
                    11. Nate Wolters
                    12. Ray McCallum
                    13. Shabazz Muhammad
                    14. Ben McLemore
                    15. Anthony Bennett

Comment

Comment

he has stupid bigs hands..... and he's a shithead.

Comment

Dunno about shithead, but his hands are indeed scary as hell.

Comment

Working...
                          X