Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Hedo Calls Out Himself & His Teammates

  1. #1
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Hedo Calls Out Himself & His Teammates

    Good on ya Hedo, but also please lead by example too because last night we really could of used both you and Andrea to step up.

    The Raptors looked listless without Chris Bosh against the Thunder on Sunday night, losing 119-99.

    Toronto is 2-3 without Bosh, who is dealing with an injured ankle as the team prepares to face off against Houston on Monday night.

    With seven weeks left in the regular season, the Raptors have just a three-game lead over the Heat, who currently reside in ninth place.

    "We all need to step up without Chris," Hedo Turkoglu said. "He's a big part of what we do, but we have to be more aggressive."
    Source - Click here

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie m5racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    sorry but too little too late hedo. His year has been so garbage. Most of all when he is on the floor it always looks like he is triad and fatigued

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hedo just looks like he doesnt care...
    He cashed in, in teh summer and is now just coasting

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie RAPMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ... How the hell is he by saying "We all need to step it up" calling out himself and his teammates? That is what every player says after a loss...

    Honestly, Hedo is taking this stuff as a joke. He already has his money in the bank, and he thinks it doesn't matter what he does now, which is quite right if you look at the big picture..

    Before signing him I thought he was one of the most overrated players in the league, and now I think he is one of the underrated players in the league. He still does provide a lot when he is on the floor but he just not making the shots he used to knock down before. But the thing that pisses me off as a fan is that he is getting paid 10 million/year, and he acts as if he doesn't care about how he performs...
    Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPMAN wrote: View Post
    ... How the hell is he by saying "We all need to step it up" calling out himself and his teammates? That is what every player says after a loss...

    Honestly, Hedo is taking this stuff as a joke. He already has his money in the bank, and he thinks it doesn't matter what he does now, which is quite right if you look at the big picture..

    Before signing him I thought he was one of the most overrated players in the league, and now I think he is one of the underrated players in the league. He still does provide a lot when he is on the floor but he just not making the shots he used to knock down before. But the thing that pisses me off as a fan is that he is getting paid 10 million/year, and he acts as if he doesn't care about how he performs...
    did i hear you right? you thought he was overrated but now you think he is underrated? really? he barely has a role on this mediocre team.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie RAPMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    people are beating on him too much. He is still a good player, people would still pay the mid level for him, which is just 3-4 mil less what we are paying him. He is the same player, but he is just not making his shots for some reasons... I just think he was way overrated over the last few years.
    Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPMAN wrote: View Post
    people are beating on him too much. He is still a good player, people would still pay the mid level for him, which is just 3-4 mil less what we are paying him. He is the same player, but he is just not making his shots for some reasons... I just think he was way overrated over the last few years.
    people are beating on him because humans are so dang cold. its despicable. hes never been a very efficient player. the real reason he cant get going is because he is taking 3 less shots per game and is a 4th option. why did toronto spend so much money if he was going to be a 4th option.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When has turkuglo ever been higher than a third or fourth option? he has a very good offensive skill set but you have to question his shot selection at times. I think it is a result of him being out of shape and not having the wide open looks that were created by Dwight Howard double teams.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    Hedo just looks like he doesnt care...
    He cashed in, in teh summer and is now just coasting
    obviously. wifey is happy, he scored a mega contract. now its cruisin until retirement

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Turk wasn't a premiere player until he played in Orlando. I think we can all agree he is very efficient when he has the ball in his hands. Like Raffy15 said: "why did toronto spend so much money if he was going to be a 4th option" Come playoff time I'm confident he's going to the player we paid for..at least I hope so. Once Bosh comes back and we get our full team again with Calderon, as long as we can ride out the season on a good run and head into the playoffs with momentum, I think we have a great chance and doing some damage.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hedo Turkoglu is a fourth option. Possibly a third in the right situation (two All-NBA players ahead of him) but most often a fourth option.

    Hedo is a fourth option who needs the ball in his hands a lot of the time because his only high level talent relative to his position is his passing + playmaking ability.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote m5racer wrote: View Post
    sorry but too little too late hedo. His year has been so garbage. Most of all when he is on the floor it always looks like he is triad and fatigued
    So right with this, the only way for him to salvage his shitty season is to hit some game winining shots in the playoffs and get the Raps to the second round somehow. But we all know thats not going to happen if they end up in the 8th seed.
    Last edited by rdiaz101; Wed Mar 3rd, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •