Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assume the Raptors DONT tank and end up around 7-8th seed in the playoffs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assume the Raptors DONT tank and end up around 7-8th seed in the playoffs...

Lose in the first round to Miami/Indiana and wind up with say..the 11th pick (they're 11th from the bottom in the NBA as of right now) so let's just use that.

Realistically, who do you want to see the Raptors draft, and why? And just for the sake of the hypothetical let's assume Randle/Wiggins/Parker and co. are off the board by now like they should be.

Picks 1-14 go to the teams who did not make the playoffs.

If the Raptors finish with the 11th worst record in the league but finish 7th or 8th in the East then they will be picking in the 15 or 16 slots.

Comment

Ugh don't like the idea of being 7th or 8th at all.

If we're not gonna tank, we had better be a 3rd or 4th seed so we at least have some chance in hell of advancing to the second round

Comment

Lots a talented players out of the lottery, and most of them I haven't paid close attention to. Personally I would want the guy that has the most potential to be a star. Even if they are a bit of a project and not NBA ready.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Personally I would want the guy that has the most potential to be a star. Even if they are a bit of a project and not NBA ready.
          NO REALLY?

Whether you personally want it or not, this has basically been the draft for the past forever now.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            NO REALLY?

Whether you personally want it or not, this has basically been the draft for the past forever now.
            Not true. Drummond for instance was being touted as one of the players with the most potential in his draft, but teams, including the Raptors, passed up on him to go with other players they felt were more NBA ready. If you redid the draft now do you think MKG, Waiters,T-Rob, Barnes or Ross would have been picked where they were over Drummond?

Comment

NO REALLY?

...Not really.
              Take it easy.

All he's saying is he takes an Embiid over a Parker.
              A Bargnani over an Aldridge.

Teams draft for need every year.
              Teams draft safe every year.

Otto Porter?

Comment

Welll maybe it's next year that the Raps are tanking! I get it now. First round pick is Jahil Carson in the 15-17 range. Let Lowry walk and start a rookie. By this time Demar will have improved again and his contract will be a year shorter and easier to trade. Round up the roster with the two 2nd round picks and give them heavy minutes (like maybe Vasilije Micic and CJ Fair). Then raps draft Jahil Okafor in 2015! Thus becoming the first team to have two Jahils.

It all makes sense now!
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                  ...Not really.
                  Take it easy.

All he's saying is he takes an Embiid over a Parker.
                  A Bargnani over an Aldridge.

Teams draft for need every year.
                  Teams draft safe every year.

Otto Porter?
                  Actually, I said I would go for potential over safety when picking outside of the lottery, in this years draft. The whole outside of the lottery is kind of an important thing in my statement.

My point is we need a star, as we have the supporting cast for the most part.

Comment

If they make teh playoffs, they better win the division for the 4th seed. Honestly can't see Brooklyn or New York dominating anytime soon, so it's actually... possible

Comment

With Rondo coming back, the Celtics are in the mix for that 4th seed.

Comment

They won't be 7or 8. They will be the 3rd best team in the EAST and with one of top 7 PFs in the league ( Amir), DD which is top 6 SG in the league and Lowry, top 8 PG in the league, they can easily push Indiana or Heat to game 7 and gain tons of experience in this process for guys like Big Val and Ross.
                        Last edited by Jamshid; Fri Dec 27, 2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                          They won't be 7or 8. They will be the 3rd best team in the west and with one of top 7 PFs in the league ( Amir), DD which is top 6 SG in the league and Lowry, top 8 PG in the league, they can easily push Indiana or Heat to game 7 and gain tons of experience in this process for guys like Big Val and Ross.
                          What. First of all we're not even in the west.

Secondly, if we're third seed in the EAST, we probably won't even see the heat or the pacers at all before getting knocked out by Atlanta or the wizards.

Thirdly, ugh nevermind. I feel like I'm responding to trolls all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                          Last edited by iblastoff; Fri Dec 27, 2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

What. First of all we're not even in the west.

Secondly, if we're third seed in the EAST, we probably won't even see the heat or the pacers at all before getting knocked out by Atlanta or the wizards.

Thirdly, ugh nevermind. I feel like I'm responding to trolls all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                            Thanks for the correction. It was just silly typo.
                            We are the best 3rd team which means we can easily go pass the first round and then push teams like Indiana or Heat to the 7 games in the 2nd round ... This means competing after all these years and Play off experience for our Super Star Big Val.

Comment

I really don't think we're gonna take Indiana or Miami to game 7
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                              X