Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Knicks@Raptors Game Day Thread: Will the Evil Empire strike back?

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Still hoping we could somehow land Barnes for him!
    I dont understand this hard on for H. Barnes. Yeah is young and puts up ok numbers but the way Lowry is playing, no way.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    I dont understand this hard on for H. Barnes. Yeah is young and puts up ok numbers but the way Lowry is playing, no way.
    are you insane??? try thinking ahead a little more.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar and Ross actually complement each other perfectly on the wings I love it

4. Like iblastoff liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyson Chandler snapped, like Anderson Silva's leg. Sorry, had to throw it in there.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

6. Like xRevise liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    There is a good chance Lowry won't be here next year. You can have Barnes, or you can have nothing. Your choice.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    There is a good chance Lowry won't be here next year. You can have Barnes, or you can have nothing. Your choice.
    Do you have a team in mind where he gets his $$$ and start outside of Toronto?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    There aren't many. Maybe Orlando if they're looking to contend. The lakers could also be interested and maybe the bucks. Aside from that most teams have a starting pg already or don't have the money.

Only the lakers would really be a better situation than Toronto, but I'm not sure they'd even want to spend on Lowry when it's clear IMO that they're looking at landing superstars first (melo this year maybe and love/rondo in 2015).

I think if ujiri wants Lowry back we can sign him to a pretty reasonable deal in the offseason. Something like what Teague and Jennings got. The raptors are pretty close to lowrys home town, the coach backs him, and he has an integral role in the team. No reason why he'd be itching to leave especially since the team can only improve from here.

I'm getting more excited about this team now with Ross showing signs of being an absolute marksman from deep. Like I said earlier he and derozan give totally different looks on the offensive side of the ball and it's hard for other teams to match up with. The only issue is when we face a Lebron or melo because neither of them have the size to guard those guys.
    Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Sun Dec 29th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, with the money he'll be demanding, I don't think he'll be returning here. My hope is that Masai is smarter than giving him $9-10 million over next 3 years.

3 teams off the top of my head that should be interested in him:

Lakers - Nash is done, can't rely on Blake/Farmar if they can't find another starting PG.

Knicks - need an upgrade over Felton.

Minnesota - Rubio has had a disappointing year. That team was banking on the fact that he would improve this year; doesn't look for his shot at all.

I'm sure he could get $$$ he wants in NY and in LA. And if he needed to take a pay cut, I'm sure he'd rather be on one of those teams than be here.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    There aren't many. Maybe Orlando if they're looking to contend. The lakers could also be interested and maybe the bucks. Aside from that most teams have a starting pg already or don't have the money.
    I was thinking about Orlando originally, but I don't think they would choose him over someone like Smart or Exum, whom they could easily pick based on how badly their season is going.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with the money he'll be demanding, I don't think he'll be returning here. My hope is that Masai is smarter than giving him $9-10 million over next 3 years.

Lakers - Nash is done, can't rely on Blake/Farmar if they can't find another starting PG.

Minnesota - Rubio has had a disappointing year. That team was banking on the fact that he would improve this year; doesn't look for his shot at all.

I'm sure he could get $$$ he wants in NY and in LA. And if he needed to take a pay cut, I'm sure he'd rather be on one of those teams than be here.
    The Knicks don't have any cap space unless melo walks, and even then they barely have any. Also why would Lowry sign there with no melo?

Minnesota isn't going to give up on Rubio IMO, too much invested in him. While he can't shoot, he does everything else you want a pg to do at a very high level.

Post Thanks / Like

He'll command $40 Mil over 4 years at least.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about Orlando originally, but I don't think they would choose him over someone like Smart or Exum, whom they could easily pick based on how badly their season is going.
    Yeah they aren't really an option, I think they most likely go with a pg in this draft. My scenario was just if they didn't and decided they wanted to contend immediately.

I forgot a team though, the kings.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

How'd you get lowry's agent's phone number?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not familiar with Lakers. Lakers have no plans of spending that sort of money on a player like Lowry. I guarantee that. Listen to ESPN 710 Los angeles and you will know.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

He will command that but I don't think NY will pay him and I am sure Lakers will not and are not interested on signing a guy like him next year.

As far as Raptors goes, I think that is too much for him but I can see us paying 35 over 4 years.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    He will command that but I don't think NY will pay him and I am sure Lakers will not and are not interested on signing a guy like him next year.

As far as Raptors goes, I think that is too much for him but I can see us paying 35 over 4 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    You are not familiar with Lakers. Lakers have no plans of spending that sort of money on a player like Lowry. I guarantee that. Listen to ESPN 710 Los angeles and you will know.
    Are the guys that talk on radio the same guys that run the team? Didn't think so. Therefore you cannot make a statement like that.

Besides, the Lakers are a team that don't have to offer him a ton of money in order to be attractive for him. Why do you think so many guys want to play there?

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Indiana65 wrote: View Post
    I am sorry. He is the only reason I came here though. I just hate to see what is happening to him in Toronto. I promise this is my last post (my promise is as good as gold). Do to him what you want in Toronto. I have given up.
    He's a fucking bench player. Nothing "happened" to him.

get over it.

21. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Good game.

My concern with Lowry is simple: if we're keeping him, it's time to agree on an extension. If we're not, then trade him now for value (it is simply never going to be higher - at this point we're into multiple picks territory). Either way, time to make up minds.
    could not have said it better.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If Orlando gets a top 3 pick and can't negotiate a trade down, they'll probably end up taking one of Parker/Wiggins/Randle because they always draft the best player available (which is far from the worst plan in the world). If Orlando gets a 7-10 pick because they don't play badly enough (quite possible, especially now that they're playing much better with Harris back), they'll try to trade UP but they might not be able to get Exum/Smart.

Exum and Smart are definitely part of Orlando's game plan but there's no guarantee they get one of them.

Thread Information