Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Who is going to do that?
    Detroit.
    Orlando if they don't get Marcus Smart.
    The Knicks if they lose Melo.
    The Lakers if they don't GET Melo.
    Possibly even the Bucks.

There's only one high-quality non-restricted free agent PG in 2014, and it's Lowry. (Phoenix will almost certainly offer Eric Bledsoe a max deal before anybody else even gets a chance.) He's going to do quite well.

2. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone, after watching Lowry shamelessly trying to Stat er up at the end of the game tonight is even remotely in disbelief that he is trying hard to get out.... well...

Kyle Lowry doesnt want to be in Toronto, he wants gone.

He isnt' coming back, and every win he plays a big part in, is doing its job fucking Toronto out of something that could help them get better....it happened with Damon, vince and Bosh. its sad to watch it happening.....again.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    If anyone, after watching Lowry shamelessly trying to Stat er up at the end of the game tonight is even remotely in disbelief that he is trying hard to get out.... well...

He isnt' coming back, and every win he plays a big part in, is doing its job fucking Toronto out of something that could help them get better....it happened with Damon, vince and Bosh. its sad to watch it happening.....again.
    Hopefully you're wrong. But you have seen more Raptor basketball than me so you might be right. I have a feeling Masai is going to do what he did with Nene and re-sign him. Then trade him for a young prospect
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Do you really think Lowry is playing this well because he wants out??? give me a break.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

6. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody really knows for sure whether he wants to stay or leave.

http://youtu.be/GqH21LEmfbQ

As for the rebound at the end, there's really no need to over-analyze it. He was clearly just having a little fun, and it didn't even count anyways; it's quite silly to think that one little play reveals anything about what he really wants.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like his game and I don't think he is a next level point guard that can win the big one. Think about this for a second...he came started off nice then lack hard especially when Rudy came. Now he is going In early and putting up shots. U sign him he will just get comfortable again. If we get a pick and young piece ship him out. There r enough nice guards in this draft. They may not break out right off the bat . But maybe the trade changed him I don't know MU has a hard choice coming.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

stat er up?? are u referring to the last shot which someone had to take? and the last rebound which came right to him? cause he was fairly close to a triple double at halftime and could of easily gotten it if he tried to stat er up.. he played a great team game imo. and ive never been a huge lowry supporter

it seems to me he likes playing for this team. If you've followed him throughout the years you'd know that we would know if he didn't want to be here. He's fairly transparent.. but he's been saying all the right things... that being said he could leave for money or a championship.. but I do think he likes his teammates and enjoys playing here
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Sun Dec 29th, 2013 at 06:10 AM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Ugh.. I hate it. Why can't players just put in that amount of work regardless of contract years or not? They supposedly love the sport..
    Because it is job to many of them.

Just like many people who get up and trudge through work each day, a lot of NBA players do as well.

Andrew Bynum is a high profile example right now.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure he is stat-ing er up.

He is basically playing as he use to when he was with the Rox and Casey effed with him last year.

He is the best player on an average team.

I definitely agree he is not coming back though but I wouldn't put him in the same breath as Damon, Vince, and Bosh.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Sell high i repeat sell high !!!
    Strong argument for that.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was all for signing Lowry if we could have gotten him for a respectable price, but not so sure that is a possibility any longer. If the plan is to remain competitive then signing Lowry makes sense, and thus waiting so long could be perceived as a tactical error on MU's part.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I was all for signing Lowry if we could have gotten him for a respectable price, but not so sure that is a possibility any longer. If the plan is to remain competitive then signing Lowry makes sense, and thus waiting so long could be perceived as a tactical error on MU's part.
    What is a respectful price ?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If we think we can get him for 8-10mil I think its a alright call. Keep eye open for a team willing to give up young talent or draft picks, but both seem to be hard to part with unless your the Nets.

It be pretty rough watching the playoff with GV/Byucks as our PGs...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ab7 wrote: View Post
    really looking at lowry right noww.......mannn if lowry take 8 mill id keep him! we better negociate right now
    id even say id trade derozan before lowry looking the way ross is developing right now but really i would play
    out the season unless we can get a top 5 pick if not is it really worth it to trade him
    What if Lowry walks at end of season?

Post Thanks / Like

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kyle Lowry is the simplest problem on this team.

He has to go.

Too many question marks, and (*assumption*) too much trade value to do otherwise.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Committing a 10 miilion a year to Lowry means we think the core of Amir, DD, Big Val, Ross and Lowry is what we are going forward for next 4 years as our core.

19. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

He's never been in this kind of form so it's possible that he won't continue like this BUT there are a couple of positives in re-signing Lowry. 1) he's developed a chemistry with the team. They're gelling well together. 2) his calm leadership is one thing that goes unnoticed.

If he agrees to 8 mil a season, Raps should simply re-sign him. When you consider that there's not going to be much in free agency and the the fact that he's an unconventional PG who rebounds very well, it should be done.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I love how Lowry's playing and disagree with with may knocks against him as a PG.

The contract year is too big of a warning flag - I'd also guess he's playing at warp speed right now in response to the trade rumours. *Everyone* knows he was almost traded to the Knicks. He's in eff you mode right now.

He also plays the best when really dominating the offense (in a good way). He hasn't been nearly effective at trying to be a complimentary piece. His talent level means that on a championship calibre team, he's going to need to be a complimentary piece.

Love the heart and hustle he's showing right now (how many years since anyone other than Amir took this many charges?), but it's easily best for the team to ship him out and get some youth or a pick in return.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry is playing his best basketball in his career imo. Probably due to his contract year status. I guess it will depend on our following games next year before trade deadline. If we run away with the division title before trade deadline and probably be in chase for the 3rd seed, Probably re-sign him to a reasonable contract (although this is so unlikely).

Otherwise if we fall back like last year and lose must-win games, he should be gone by the deadline, for a 1st rounder.

Teams like Chicago, New York, Golden State, Pacers, Brooklyn, Lakers could use him.

Learn from the Bosh mistake, we need to trade him for something than to lose him for nothing or to be stuck with him in a bad contract. He still doesn't deserve $10M/year imo.

23. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    What is a respectful price ?
    I'm think 7-8 m/year, 4-years, is the most you would offer. There are teams willing to overpay though, I think. Like it our not Kyle stepped up his game when it counted and deserves to cash in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information