Next 5 Games are Tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty excited about this stretch of games. Whether or not this group can compete with the Pacers or the Heat will probably have a huge impact on how Masai approaches the trade deadline.

If they simply looked out-classed, I expect him to go into tank mode — maybe not for 2014 (it's probably too late) but for 2015.
    Is that really you BC? lol

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
      Umm no, Masai isn't an idiot and his whole gameplan isn't going to change due to the result of five games.
      I don't think he'll change the whole gameplan; if the gameplan is already to tank, he won't change his mind about that. But if he's still in evaluation mode and hasn't decided on a gameplan yet, the next five could be the tipping point one way or another. After this stretch, we will have played seven games post Gay against winning teams, including six against elite teams. Wins over Detroit or Washington don't count for anything. Wins over Miami and Indiana on the other hand, coupled with those road wins over Oklahoma and Dallas, create an interesting message about what this team's potential is. The schedule is soft for a while after these next five, and you should never use a soft schedule to evaluate a team.

On the other hand, it gets extremely hard to blow up a team if they're beating teams like Indiana and Miami. If Ujiri is committed to the tank approach, he may want to make a move prior to the Indiana and Miami games, as the optics of tanking get far worse if we happen to win one or more of those games. Either that, or he gets trade feelers out there now, gets other GMs watching how his guys do against elite competition, so he can pull the trigger immediately after that stretch.

Comment

I'm pretty excited about this stretch of games. Whether or not this group can compete with the Pacers or the Heat will probably have a huge impact on how Masai approaches the trade deadline.

If they simply looked out-classed, I expect him to go into tank mode — maybe not for 2014 (it's probably too late) but for 2015.
        looool a colangelo sitting
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Is that really you BC? lol
          Of course it is. And believe me, it's nice to finally see a real GM in charge.

Comment

Of course it is. And believe me, it's nice to finally see a real GM in charge.
            hahahaha
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

What's great avbout this thread is the level of engagement of Raptor fans with the teams results. Tank/Anti-Tank, everyone is looking forward to every game. How long has it been since that was a common thing?

Comment

I think one of the Indy games is up for grabs.
                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

We had a stretch where some west coast teams couldn't fully scout what we were doing because our 'new look' team was barely together. The more we play, the more other teams will know how to defend against us and I'm pretty sure that's something that Indiana does extremely well.

I don't see us beating Indiana or Miami.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                    We had a stretch where some west coast teams couldn't fully scout what we were doing because our 'new look' team was barely together. The more we play, the more other teams will know how to defend against us and I'm pretty sure that's something that Indiana does extremely well.

I don't see us beating Indiana or Miami.
                    Saw a little of this in New York where the double teams came out to try and choke off the passing lanes whenever DeMar or Lowry had the ball. It fuelled a couple of NY runs. I guess it's just good defensive basketball, but the Raps haven't seen any team have to use it on them for the last couple of years.

Casey has to be working on how to break down the doubles in practice.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Saw a little of this in New York where the double teams came out to try and choke off the passing lanes whenever DeMar or Lowry had the ball. It fuelled a couple of NY runs. I guess it's just good defensive basketball, but the Raps haven't seen any team have to use it on them for the last couple of years.

Casey has to be working on how to break down the doubles in practice.
                      Good point, and the Miami and Indy traps are gonna be much tougher than the Knicks. Lets hope they can deal.

Comment

Realistically we have a pretty good chance of winning in 3-4 of the games. Luol Deng is still injured and we beat them by 22 last time with Deng @ Chicago. Home vs Indiana is a back-to-back but they also have Cleveland the night before so it could be a dog fight. Remember we only lost by 7 to Indiana, @ Indiana with Captain chuck on the team. Washington could still have Beal out but they have been pretty hot lately (won 5 of last 6), so it will be a tough game as well. Miami on a back-to-back will still be really tough. @ Indiana will probably be the toughest game because if we beat them the first time they will have something to prove and if we lose they will feel confident. This is about as optimistic as I can be haha

Comment

Good start today winning (uglier than Sam cassell) on the road in Chicago.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                            Good start today winning (uglier than Sam cassell) on the road in Chicago.
                            Yes. Indeed.

Comment

2/5 now!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post

2/5 now!
                                3 more to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X