A Plea From A Sane Raptors Fan [Re:Booing]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, okay.

Next time Bargs is in town, just throw your hands in the air and shout Masai traded primo.

Comment

vince never deserved it, Bosh kinda does he refused to do a sign and trade just left Toronto high and dry... never let BC know what his plan was for him to work something out with Miami. Bargnani I say does cause it was 7 years of him leading our team to mediocity and bottom feeding while not giving a shit and eating money.

Alan Anderson does too.

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
        It's almost cringeworthy.
        Why do people even care about this boggles the mind. There's nothing "embarrassing" or "cringeworthy" about it. I wouldn't boo anybody, but that's my choice. The only time the players ever commented negatively about booing was last year when the fans booed Bargnani when he was still in a Raps uniform. I remember that Lowry wasn't too impressed. Luckily, MU traded him in the offseason.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          I don't even think carter deserves it anymore. It's just been way too long.

Toronto still loves calderon!

It's gonna be hilarious when the kings roll into twin soon. Boos and cheers for gay and Acy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
          He's the only player I endorse booing forever, because he's the only player who outright quit on the team. If he ever came out and acknowledged it, then that would be grounds for the booing to stop, but until then he deserves it.

I'm ok with people booing Bosh (and, if he were still playing, McGrady) because of the way they seem to have strung the franchise along before they left. IMO, though, the respective GMs should have been able to suss out that that was coming; Grunwald and BC are the ones who really dropped the ball there, which is why I myself don't see the point in the boos they got.

Booing Bargnani is idiotic. It's like a toddler wailing away because they didn't get the Christmas present they wanted. But hey, it's a free country.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This is the city of the screwface - Toronto. We're a bunch of haters. I don't mind that ex-Raptors get booed. They're supposed to get booed, they're the opposition.

Comment

The booing used to bother me, but with its excessive use, it's really become more of a joke. When a guy like Bargs hets booed, it's obviously no big deal.

I don't think it reflects on the fans one way or the other. Some of the most saavy fan bases boo their own players/teams when they underperform (ex. Knicks, Yankees, Canadiens).

I do like crowds that cheer ro spur their team on, rather than just reacting to what's happened on the floor - ex. GSW.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                This is the city of the screwface - Toronto. We're a bunch of haters. I don't mind that ex-Raptors get booed. They're supposed to get booed, they're the opposition.
                You know, I have to agree here. Though I'm not a big fan of booing ex-Raptors, but Masai did say he wanted to make Raptor home court the least place visitors want to play in. So if we could have every team have at least one former Raptor that we all sort-of-hate to viciously hate, it'll make it easier for the fans to get all worked up! Hahaha... I don't mind it as long as we keep it a little classy (ie: keep the mama jokes aside hahahaha)
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

jose?
                  who ever brought up jose fuck you, now im crying

Edit: I dont think rudy or acy are gonna get boo's
                  you know not everyone gets booed and theres a reason for it
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                    Can we please stop booing every former player not name Vince Carter.

We've taken this sacred ritual of spite for one who truly deserves it and turned it into a farce.

Honestly, Why are these idiots at the ACC booing Bargnani? Shouldn't we be happy that he isn't on the Raps anymore? They Boo him last year here because they didn't like how he turned out as a player, then boo him when he comes back on a different team. Make up your mind!

Booing Bosh because he gave us 7 years/then was a free agent/he left, undeniably making the right choice? Boo?

This shit makes us a mockery. We look like a bunch of idiot crybabies. Wise the fuck-up Raps fans
                    People have the right to boo if they pay to see former teammates. We may not agree but it is their right to express themselves.

Comment

We should boo someone random like the other team's third string point guard. That'd be hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        lame.
                        he's gone, he wasnt a villain, he just wasnt good.

you booing him because he was honest and gave himself a fair assessment.

eff that
                        I boo him because I dont forgive someone who makes 10M$ and becomes subsequently lazy. There are humans who work multiple jobs to rake in less than a percent of a percent of what this man is making.

Laziness in my opinion is something to boo about.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Akkerman wrote: View Post
                          The lack of effort and false hope Barg generated here, and the bashing of Toronto to the Italian news or whatever happened there, I think Barg deserves every Boo in that crowd
                          That's nonsense, totally.

Comment

I think as fans its our job to make the visitors as uncomfortable as possible and be the 6th man on the court. And if that's booing of players that didn't make our cut so be it. They are big boys and its part of the fan experience. I just wish fans would get more enthusiastic in games and make it rowdy as possible. I think Sacramento during the Webber days is a great benchmark as fans being the 6th man

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              No, fuck that. We're the worst god damn fans ever for this shit. We boo everyone, we don't make a fuckin peep for a D-FENCE chant but as soon as someone doesn't live up to our bullshit overblown standards of the player that we wanted them to be we start booing our heads off. It's ridiculous and Raptor fans should be ashamed of themselves. I have a hard time believing there are any worst fans in the NBA than the ones who show up to Raptor games.

Comment

Meh, I don't see what's wrong with it. And I think Bargnani deserves the boos more than Vince now. At least Vince did something useful when he was here.
                                A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

Working...
                                X