Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 111

Thread: Raps espn article

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ah biased raptors fans gotta love them.

  2. Like Jamshid liked this post
  3. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    ah biased raptors fans gotta love them.
    hahahaha, very true.

  4. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    ah good of you to call me out on hogwash (which is incorrect by the way), when you yourself do the same right back by not providing any evidence. And then you go on to add insults. You truly are a piece of work.
    So you get to make grandiose sweeping comments with little to no evidence and then demand that p00ka must provide evidence to prove his case? Huh? How does that work? Also, you claim that this is a well written article, but the crux of p00ka's point is that the article lacks logic. The rationale to trade Demar is dated. Should Demar be traded? For a net positive, of course. But this nonsense of moving Demar for an old decrepit shadow of a basketball player because he's an expiring when he's in the same division, and the result would improve a direct competitor in the very near future is ludicrous.

    As they stand now, the Nets and Knicks will be bad for a long, long time. Both have traded their futures away. Why should the Raptors help them? That's 2 less teams to worry about. No expiring contract is worth making a team in the same division better. None. And if they're smart, no team in the league will offer them a "winning" trade. These are 2 teams with lots of money, in ideal markets -- why help them repair their teams and then have to compete against them for free agents?

    Even if you are anti-Demar, pro-tank any trades that help division rivals, and make the Raptors worse are short-sighted at best. DeMar is improving -- yes he still takes shots from the wrong parts of the court, but when you include the amounts of fouls he draws, and his improved assist rate in the games since Rudy left he is becoming a valuable piece. If the current trend continues he will be one of the first players to improve under analytic statistics this late in his development. Maybe it's a fluke, but the article is still rubbish, poorly researched, and propped up nonsense.

    How can a person write that no one knows what Masai is doing at the front of an article and then conclude that he's going to ship out a particular player in the conclusion? That wouldn't even pass for a basic high school paper. At every level this is article is rubbish.

  5. Like MixxAOR liked this post
  6. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wake the fuck up people.

    Derozan still has to take a lot of long twos (contested often times) because he's the number one scoring option on the team and has to be the bailout guy offensively a lot of the time. You put Ross in that role and he'll struggle to shoot 40% from the field.

    Derozan is meant to be a secondary or tertiary scorer and is paid as such. For now we're going to have to deal with lower efficiency than we'd like until we get a legit number one guy in here. It's not like derozan would need to or want to take bad shots if Lebron played here. Stick him on the clippers where defenses are looking to stop Blake and Paul first and you'd see his efficiency rise.

    Just look at Gordon Hayward. Based on his true shooting percentages a lot of you derozan detractors would call him a checker. This is a guy who was hyper efficient last year. So what happened? Is he in a 30 game shooting slump? Or is it because defenses are trying to stop him first and foremost now instead of Jefferson and millsap?

    I love advanced stats but they HAVE to be used with context. If not I could reason that trading derozan for Shane battier would make this team infinitely better.

  7. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just to add a bit more. A big part of the reason why Ross is finally showing his ability to shoot lights out is because he can actually play his role of spot up shooter. Why? He no longer plays with the scrubs we have on the bench. Now the bulk of the time he's on the court teams are looking to stop derozan (hell Okc was doubling demar with two wings), Lowry, and even Jonas before him and it just makes his life that much easier.

  8. Like RPT23, p00ka, Puffer liked this post
  9. #26
    Raptors Republic Rookie melmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    well i'm more of the teamplaying basketball team types, and I believe that with the simple aquiring of vasquez the raptors where winning in the gay trade.

    nevertheless since raptors are on the rebuild, it doesn't mather wether you get a black hole type of player or a teamplayer, since the plan is to get rid of the high priced contracts to start hiring the right guys.

    finally, i'll be really sad to see johnson or lowry to leave...

  10. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Howard Beck just posted a similar article on the Raps, which I think is much better than the Insider one:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rudy-gay-trade

    Here's the thing about national US media "finally" paying attention to the Raptors - that's what happens when you win in OKC. That's all the issue ever is - you have to be a winning team to get national coverage.

  11. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DD has no effect on the teams ability to win. The win streak we are seeing are from Lowry+Amir.

    I'm not going to rehash it as I've provided evidence before, DD isn't that good of a player. Period. There is a reason why EVERY analytical guru out there dislikes DeMar...

  12. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DD draws double teams we've seen it every game its opened up possessions for Amir to crash the middle and Ross to get his shots off as well as more lanes for Lowry...... DeMar is very important to our wins because he has been passing the ball with all the attention he gets.

    Dont be so disrespectful.... Hes as much a part of the teams success as the next guy,

  13. Like Masai Ujiri liked this post
  14. #30
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    The Pierce for DD and Fields thing was kinda interesting especially if they throw in Bogdanovic
    There was a time when I'd probably jump at that.

    DeRozan, for his flaws, is worth more than a salary dump.... or at least I hope so.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  15. Like Puffer liked this post
  16. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There was a time when I'd probably jump at that.

    DeRozan, for his flaws, is worth more than a salary dump.... or at least I hope so.
    Agreed. Early on I poo-pooed the Waiters/Bynum/Sac pick thing. Isn't this season going to be exciting?
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

  17. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    DD has no effect on the teams ability to win. The win streak we are seeing are from Lowry+Amir.

    I'm not going to rehash it as I've provided evidence before, DD isn't that good of a player. Period. There is a reason why EVERY analytical guru out there dislikes DeMar...
    You have never provided evidence. You have no damn clue what you're talking about.

  18. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He still takes waaaay too many long 2's and some of them are questionable at best, in my opinion.

    DD 2012-13:

    0-8ft 401 attempts .561
    8-16ft 261 attempts .395
    16-24 449 attempts .414
    24+ 120 attempts .283

    Thus far in 2013-14

    0-8ft 133 attempts .594
    8-16ft 106 attempts .396
    16-24 159 attempts .371
    24+ 99 attempts .313

    37.7% of shots in 12-13 were long 2s
    31.9% of shots in 13-14 are long 2s but making at less of a rate (37.1% which is good for 82nd among guards in the NBA).


    I'd love to see him put up a shot chart much like Harden or Stephenson where the 0-8 and 3 attempts are 2-4x 8-16 and 16-24 attempts.


    Don't get me wrong, although many will haha, he has definitely shown improvement in his game.... mainly in creating for others and getting to the foul line. However his rebounding is still average at best, he can't handle a double, his defense is shaky. Yeah, he is putting up more points but he is doing it on nearly 3 extra attempts per game. Unfortunately since Gay left he is being exposed in his efficiency and he has really cooled form 3 after a hot start. He is not a #1 scoring option. Not sure how the Raptors get one either. He's shown he is a great Robin from a scoring perspective.

    Anyways, let the typical "Matt52 hates DeRozan" begin. Criticism, especially when founded, is not hate, gents.
    But broken records are irritating.

  19. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Just to add a bit more. A big part of the reason why Ross is finally showing his ability to shoot lights out is because he can actually play his role of spot up shooter. Why? He no longer plays with the scrubs we have on the bench. Now the bulk of the time he's on the court teams are looking to stop derozan (hell Okc was doubling demar with two wings), Lowry, and even Jonas before him and it just makes his life that much easier.
    OKC wasn't just doubling DeMar with two wings. One of them was always KD, with help. Against Mavs, consistent doubling, with Marion and help. Against Spurs, Kawhi with help. But yeah, guys like OldSkoolCool know better than those coaches, and DeMar is shit.

  20. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    ah biased raptors fans gotta love them.
    Ahh casual raptors fans gotta love em

  21. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    ah biased raptors fans gotta love them.
    We're all biased.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

  22. #37
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it is good were finally getting some press play. Is this is just a way of trying to get our GM to follow suit like the rest of the dummies in the NBA mainly the Knicks.(I am quoting the Knicks veto of the trade to TO) Sure right an article that makes a little sense then say we need to trade for a pick at the chance before the balls drop. MU is going to make the playoffs this year and have some sweets to add to a deal to move up in the draft if he cant get the pick for Lowery in another package.

    And J. Harden is a volume scorer that needs the ball to be effective. He has a lot more handles and instincts that DD but still a high volume scorer. I don't care what the stats are for what ever formula. DD is expanding his game to win, period, he has nights were he is very efficient, and nights where he is not. But c'mon he's 24, and saying he has hit his ceiling is crazy, he couldn't shoot the 3, has greatly improved, cant get assists, and rebs, numbers are all up since the trade. He has shown all the critics he belongs. 20 ppg 4/4/1 is good for 9.5 mil yearly over 4 years. He might be a little high but worthy of the money. He's never going to be a superstar but he is a compliment to one. And a team player. Regardless of the Black Hole thing going around.

    When your being told your the scorer, which Casey is, he is going to force shots, everyone will, here's the keys see what u can do. But with the team winning now what is everyone going to say, he's worthy of the top 5 pic. He will constantly be criticised but has shown improvement and good attitude in every season, and now the team is winning. WHAT WHAT

  23. #38
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Early on I poo-pooed the Waiters/Bynum/Sac pick thing. Isn't this season going to be exciting?
    I've no interest in waiters.

    However if you are losing fields' contract and getting draft picks back (particularly the Memphis 2015 pick), then that changes things for me.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  24. #39
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DD draws double teams we've seen it every game its opened up possessions for Amir to crash the middle and Ross to get his shots off as well as more lanes for Lowry...... DeMar is very important to our wins because he has been passing the ball with all the attention he gets.

    Dont be so disrespectful.... Hes as much a part of the teams success as the next guy,
    Ross will still get his shots off with ball movement.... It is how he is thriving now.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  25. #40
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    DD has no effect on the teams ability to win. The win streak we are seeing are from Lowry+Amir.

    I'm not going to rehash it as I've provided evidence before, DD isn't that good of a player. Period. There is a reason why EVERY analytical guru out there dislikes DeMar...
    I wouldn't say no effect but certainly much much less than Amir and Lowry.

    Also DD is just showing he is not a #1 scoring option and/or able to lead a team.... That just isn't his role and asking him to do it is not fair to him or the team. Gordon Hayward is experiencing same thing this year on offence. He is not a number one option but is asked to be (Hayward rebounds better, creates better, and plays better D though, in my opinion). Hayward and DD are both fine complimentary offensive pieces.

    Utah are positioning themselves to get that lead scorer in Parker.... The Mormon thing is just a sweetener.
    I'm not sure how Toronto does it. It is too bad rudy had his contract and was dead set on stopping the ball.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •