Raps espn article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There was a time when I'd probably jump at that.

DeRozan, for his flaws, is worth more than a salary dump.... or at least I hope so.
    Agreed. Early on I poo-pooed the Waiters/Bynum/Sac pick thing. Isn't this season going to be exciting?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      DD has no effect on the teams ability to win. The win streak we are seeing are from Lowry+Amir.

I'm not going to rehash it as I've provided evidence before, DD isn't that good of a player. Period. There is a reason why EVERY analytical guru out there dislikes DeMar...
      You have never provided evidence. You have no damn clue what you're talking about.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        He still takes waaaay too many long 2's and some of them are questionable at best, in my opinion.

DD 2012-13:

0-8ft 401 attempts .561
        8-16ft 261 attempts .395
        16-24 449 attempts .414
        24+ 120 attempts .283

Thus far in 2013-14

0-8ft 133 attempts .594
        8-16ft 106 attempts .396
        16-24 159 attempts .371
        24+ 99 attempts .313

37.7% of shots in 12-13 were long 2s
        31.9% of shots in 13-14 are long 2s but making at less of a rate (37.1% which is good for 82nd among guards in the NBA).

I'd love to see him put up a shot chart much like Harden or Stephenson where the 0-8 and 3 attempts are 2-4x 8-16 and 16-24 attempts.

Don't get me wrong, although many will haha, he has definitely shown improvement in his game.... mainly in creating for others and getting to the foul line. However his rebounding is still average at best, he can't handle a double, his defense is shaky. Yeah, he is putting up more points but he is doing it on nearly 3 extra attempts per game. Unfortunately since Gay left he is being exposed in his efficiency and he has really cooled form 3 after a hot start. He is not a #1 scoring option. Not sure how the Raptors get one either. He's shown he is a great Robin from a scoring perspective.

Anyways, let the typical "Matt52 hates DeRozan" begin. Criticism, especially when founded, is not hate, gents.
        But broken records are irritating.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
          Just to add a bit more. A big part of the reason why Ross is finally showing his ability to shoot lights out is because he can actually play his role of spot up shooter. Why? He no longer plays with the scrubs we have on the bench. Now the bulk of the time he's on the court teams are looking to stop derozan (hell Okc was doubling demar with two wings), Lowry, and even Jonas before him and it just makes his life that much easier.
          OKC wasn't just doubling DeMar with two wings. One of them was always KD, with help. Against Mavs, consistent doubling, with Marion and help. Against Spurs, Kawhi with help. But yeah, guys like OldSkoolCool know better than those coaches, and DeMar is shit.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
            ah biased raptors fans gotta love them.
            Ahh casual raptors fans gotta love em

Comment

We're all biased.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I think it is good were finally getting some press play. Is this is just a way of trying to get our GM to follow suit like the rest of the dummies in the NBA mainly the Knicks.(I am quoting the Knicks veto of the trade to TO) Sure right an article that makes a little sense then say we need to trade for a pick at the chance before the balls drop. MU is going to make the playoffs this year and have some sweets to add to a deal to move up in the draft if he cant get the pick for Lowery in another package.

And J. Harden is a volume scorer that needs the ball to be effective. He has a lot more handles and instincts that DD but still a high volume scorer. I don't care what the stats are for what ever formula. DD is expanding his game to win, period, he has nights were he is very efficient, and nights where he is not. But c'mon he's 24, and saying he has hit his ceiling is crazy, he couldn't shoot the 3, has greatly improved, cant get assists, and rebs, numbers are all up since the trade. He has shown all the critics he belongs. 20 ppg 4/4/1 is good for 9.5 mil yearly over 4 years. He might be a little high but worthy of the money. He's never going to be a superstar but he is a compliment to one. And a team player. Regardless of the Black Hole thing going around.

When your being told your the scorer, which Casey is, he is going to force shots, everyone will, here's the keys see what u can do. But with the team winning now what is everyone going to say, he's worthy of the top 5 pic. He will constantly be criticised but has shown improvement and good attitude in every season, and now the team is winning. WHAT WHAT

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  Agreed. Early on I poo-pooed the Waiters/Bynum/Sac pick thing. Isn't this season going to be exciting?
                  I've no interest in waiters.

However if you are losing fields' contract and getting draft picks back (particularly the Memphis 2015 pick), then that changes things for me.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    DD draws double teams we've seen it every game its opened up possessions for Amir to crash the middle and Ross to get his shots off as well as more lanes for Lowry...... DeMar is very important to our wins because he has been passing the ball with all the attention he gets.

Dont be so disrespectful.... Hes as much a part of the teams success as the next guy,
                    Ross will still get his shots off with ball movement.... It is how he is thriving now.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      DD has no effect on the teams ability to win. The win streak we are seeing are from Lowry+Amir.

I'm not going to rehash it as I've provided evidence before, DD isn't that good of a player. Period. There is a reason why EVERY analytical guru out there dislikes DeMar...
                      I wouldn't say no effect but certainly much much less than Amir and Lowry.

Also DD is just showing he is not a #1 scoring option and/or able to lead a team.... That just isn't his role and asking him to do it is not fair to him or the team. Gordon Hayward is experiencing same thing this year on offence. He is not a number one option but is asked to be (Hayward rebounds better, creates better, and plays better D though, in my opinion). Hayward and DD are both fine complimentary offensive pieces.

Utah are positioning themselves to get that lead scorer in Parker.... The Mormon thing is just a sweetener.
                      I'm not sure how Toronto does it. It is too bad rudy had his contract and was dead set on stopping the ball.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Ahh casual raptors fans gotta love em
                        We're all pretty casual about our biases.

Comment

And of course with gay in SAC, he's shooting .488 FG%. He has never shot this high in his career. Sustainable? Doubtful. Just goes to show that things will level off, same with these raptors wins more than likely.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            And of course with gay in SAC, he's shooting .488 FG%. He has never shot this high in his career. Sustainable? Doubtful. Just goes to show that things will level off, same with these raptors wins more than likely.
                            It might be sustainable actually. He's letting cousins be the main man and playing off him. Kinda surprising after what we saw here, but if Gay is willing to play off Demarcus instead of just looking for his, his efficiency should spike

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                              It might be sustainable actually. He's letting cousins be the main man and playing off him. Kinda surprising after what we saw here, but if Gay is willing to play off Demarcus instead of just looking for his, his efficiency should spike
                              I don't know why that would be any different than the way he was 2nd/3rd option in Memphis though. Unless stats are finally starting to matter for him and he was tired of the entire league making a joke of his 18 points per 1000000 shots run.

Comment

I think the DD nay sayers are taking what he does for granted. I have a realistic view of him, I know he is a second option and he has had to play the lead roll for a couple years now. He is worth every bit of his contract. He is not being paid as much as a Allstar or a #1, but many of you expect him to play that way. His contract is reflective of his ability, a solid 2nd option. It was evident that he was more efficient when he was not having to take the brunt of the workload. I think he is an important piece on this team and doesn't need to be moved.

Our cap is being depleted by the likes of Camby, Fields (possible waive and stretch candidate? 2.75 mil cap hit over the next 3 years), Salmons (I do like his style of play, just not for 7mil), Hayes and Novak. If these contracts were removed and replaced with valuable components this team would be further along.

IMO Monroe and Lowry should be targets this summer, and hopefully we draft well. (PG, SF are positions of need). We are not that far off.

Comment

Working...
                                X