Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Toronto Raptors Reportedly Considering New Black-and-Gold Color Scheme

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the thunder blue and white alternates a lot.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/11/...rtical-design/

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    I'm starting to warm up to this black/gold idea. With TL's proclamation of going further in making the Raps Canada's team, I figured there's no way he'd consider going far away from Red/White, and going by national teams in recent years, Black as third colour.

Though I don't really care that much, but not being a Toronto resident, I was feeling a little perturbed that some Torontonians want the team to themselves and outwardly want to discount the Canadian angle. Then I got to thinking,,,,,,,,, as one of the many Calgary/Alberta members here, I'm seriously warming up to this Black Gold idea and making it truly Alberta's team:

- Oil: Black Gold
    - Dinosaurs: Alberta = fossil capital of Canada, one of largest in the world.

Yeah, let's go black/gold and make this officially Alberta's team!!!!
    And hey, how bout this stuff:

If we don't go blue/white, I love the black and gold idea. Could definitely sell tonnes of gear.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I hate when Canadian teams get overly patriotic and make every logo and jersey colour be "Canadian"

I hate the blue and white idea, but I hate red & white Canadian flag idea even more.
    +1 the raps jersey to me feels like they are wearing the canadian flag. I could care less about cheering for Canada, I'm cheering for Toronto. I don't like the blue and white either, I get that people want it cause the leafs and jays and that is why I don't want it. The Raptors need to make a name for themselves, not ride on the leaf's popularity.

Black/gold sounds good to me, I wish we could see what they have mocked up. I would also experiment with purple accents, but more black and gold then purple.
    AKA Chief Rocka @ RaptorsHQ

4. Like Sig liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gold colour lost in court colour?...

At the game ("Drake" night Raps/Nets) a lot of people noticing the 'gold' doesn't "pop" and blends into the court. For those watching on TV, do you see the 'Gold' as easy as you would, say, with the colour 'Purple'? (Here's a pic I tried to take with the shirts adjacent to the court if that helps)

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gives me chills when you see a warriors game or something and every fan is dressed in yellow or blue, I think they were all in white on christmas day as well. Hoped for that kind of atmosphere tonight, but not to be. Looked ordinary. I know its Black with some gold, but still expected it to look cool. The fact that only 60% or so of the fans that showed up wore the shirts probably was the main reason though!

7. Like FoxMachine, gametime liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Gives me chills when you see a warriors game or something and every fan is dressed in yellow or blue, I think they were all in white on christmas day as well. Hoped for that kind of atmosphere tonight, but not to be. Looked ordinary. I know its Black with some gold, but still expected it to look cool. The fact that only 60% or so of the fans that showed up wore the shirts probably was the main reason though!
    I agree, I liked the black and gold at first glance but man would the playoff atmosphere ever look bland and boring. Having all the fans in red definitely pops a lot more, is much more noticeable and creates a better atmosphere I think. I agree with the yellow on warriors fans too, looks great.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I agree, I liked the black and gold at first glance but man would the playoff atmosphere ever look bland and boring. Having all the fans in red definitely pops a lot more, is much more noticeable and creates a better atmosphere I think. I agree with the yellow on warriors fans too, looks great.
    They have to do the OKC style where one section gets black, the middle gets gold and then black again.

Like this

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They have to do the OKC style where one section gets black, the middle gets gold and then black again.

Like this
    Yeah that's quite interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I like the thunder blue and white alternates a lot.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/11/...rtical-design/
    The Thunder alternates IMO are awful. They could've created a lot of cool jersey design with the name Thunder and they picked that?? so boring, it doesn't make sense.

As for the Raps, i'm warming up with the black and gold. Still prefer red and white like the Indiana Hoosier jersey but i don't have any problem with black and gold. I think it's unique.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite like the thunder alternates tbh. Sometimes simple just works better for me!

But yeh Having the Arena split in Red and White segments would look amazing for the playoffs If...WHEN the raptors make it

13. Like Joey, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    The Thunder alternates IMO are awful. They could've created a lot of cool jersey design with the name Thunder and they picked that?? so boring, it doesn't make sense.

As for the Raps, i'm warming up with the black and gold. Still prefer red and white like the Indiana Hoosier jersey but i don't have any problem with black and gold. I think it's unique.
    I agree about the thunder alternates, they just look so cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is almost identical to the one we had going in the offseason about rebranding

Basically I'm down with whatever... as long as they aren't all gold jerseys. That would be disgusting to look at.

Or blue. Fuck blue.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    And hey, how bout this stuff:

If we don't go blue/white, I love the black and gold idea. Could definitely sell tonnes of gear.
    LOL, sneaky product placement Mack.

Changing the color scheme is a great idea. It will help differentiate the brand from the last two phases which ended with abysmal results and public finger pointing...

I'm down for whatever helps the process. I'm tired of watching losers. I've been watching losers for most of the last 20 years...

It's football, but here is an example:

17. Like RandomGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or something like the Boilermaker's jerseys:

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    I quite like the thunder alternates tbh. Sometimes simple just works better for me!

But yeh Having the Arena split in Red and White segments would look amazing for the playoffs If...WHEN the raptors make it
    I LOVE the Thunder alternative, it just doesn't work well with their bland colours. But I love that they went with a completely new design. Team's should try out of the box designs for their 3rd jersey's, and not just camo colours but real design changes.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the Thunder alternative, it just doesn't work well with their bland colours. But I love that they went with a completely new design. Team's should try out of the box designs for their 3rd jersey's, and not just camo colours but real design changes.
    when it comes to alternative jerseys I loved seeing this one

so laid back and unique, feels like a team from Jamaica is playing.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    when it comes to alternative jerseys I loved seeing this one

so laid back and unique, feels like a team from Jamaica is playing.
    Lol Julian wright hahahah
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

22. Like Joey, Letter N liked this post

Thread Information