Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or this

Comment

Black and Gold could be cool.. just as long as the players don't end up looking like the Giant Gonzales it should be fine.

... actually on second thought, that would be hilarious.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Or maybe more like this as the writer of the article in OP says this is what he thinks of.

Thats more like it Im thinking it will be similar to our current Black Aways with the Red Trim, replaced with a very crisp metalic gold trim on the sides. Raptors and Numbers written in Gold outlines.

Let us never speak of that wizards uni again shame on you MangoKid shame on you :P

Comment

Or this?

Comment

Or maybe more like this as the writer of the article in OP says this is what he thinks of.

Not much gold in that. Looks something like what we have now. Just substitute gold for red.

Comment

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Or this

See, I wouldn't mind this. I think it has a real classy look.

However, with that being said, I think Toronto is a blue collar town, and as such, I think it would be better that the team goes in a blue and white direction, just my opinion

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  It's going to be very tough to pick a colour scheme not used by any other sports organization at this point.

I like black & gold in general but this feels a lot like a "teal colour scheme" of the mid-90's, where teams just went with the commercially popular colour at the time in hopes of selling more t-shirts and caps.
                  I'm not totally against Black and Gold. But Just imagining it and the Saints jerseys, not a big fan. We'll see.

I like Red and White. They're Canada's team, it make sense. Not a fan of the current design/colour schemes though.

Drake and Raps need to look at the Indiana Hoosiers jerseys. Would love to see them use that design/colours. Just change the font to 'Raptors' font.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    I'd be cool with that, with the Canada Red, or preferably (much preferably IMO) somekind of dark blue instead of the green.

Comment

I remember talking about this in another thread, and I like the color scheme of the Laval Rouge et Or.
                      Red, Gold, Black. Its classy.

The Wake Forest jersey was what came to mind when reading this though.

Comment

Looks like I'm in the minority. Not a fan of the black/gold combination. The alternate Wizards jerseys above are beyond hideous, and the Wake Forrest ones don't do much for me either. I just find gold gaudy in general. Even my wedding ring is white gold.

But I could jump on board a black/yellow combination, like the Penguins or Pirates.

Side Note: The Lakers aren't "gold", despite what their marketing department says. They're yellow (and purple).

Comment

How about an all gold home jersey? Nice. No home whites. Home golds.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            I'm not totally against Black and Gold. But Just imagining it and the Saints jerseys, not a big fan. We'll see.

I like Red and White. They're Canada's team, it make sense. Not a fan of the current design/colour schemes though.

Drake and Raps need to look at the Indiana Hoosiers jerseys. Would love to see them use that design/colours. Just change the font to 'Raptors' font.
                            Well yes and no, for you as an Canadian it makes sense and I fully understand why you want to make it red and white. But from marketing, foreign fans and players point of view it should be more neutral. As a fan, whos not from Canada I would not consider buying the jersey if it would look like representation of Canadas national team, red and white with maple leafs all over it. It may even be not acceptable for a player from the States or Europe, who's a true patriot and doesn't really like idea of representing Canada.
                            Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Dec 30, 2013, 03:43 PM.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Looks like I'm in the minority. Not a fan of the black/gold combination. The alternate Wizards jerseys above are beyond hideous, and the Wake Forrest ones don't do much for me either. I just find gold gaudy in general. Even my wedding ring is white gold.

But I could jump on board a black/yellow combination, like the Penguins or Pirates.

Side Note: The Lakers aren't "gold", despite what their marketing department says. They're yellow (and purple).
                              Agreed.

Anyhow, can anyone upload the Indiana Hoosiers uniforms?? my kind of jersey for the Raps.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I hate when Canadian teams get overly patriotic and make every logo and jersey colour be "Canadian"

I hate the blue and white idea, but I hate red & white Canadian flag idea even more.

Comment

Working...
                                X