No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors Reportedly Considering New Black-and-Gold Color Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to add, when i think of gold jerseys. First that comes to mind is the San Francisco 49ers unis because that's GOLD. The Lakers unis is not gold it's YELLOW. Not sure why they keep calling it Purple and Gold. S M H.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      The point isn't about somehow trying to connect colour to the team name, but that the black & gold has no connection to ANYTHING in relation to the team. Overall context, grasshopper. The colour scheme connects to NOTHING, including team name. The only thing it's connected to is a colour scheme trend that comes and goes, currently in. I don't really care all that much really, as long as whatever they choose isn't fugly. Black and gold CAN be cool, but let's face it, the scheme has zero connection to anything related to the team, and it's all about selling trendy coloured jerseys.
      There are plenty of teams that have color schemes with zero connection to anything related to the team. Most people don't care unless its something obvious like Celtics or BlueJays

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        I used to be so jealous of Boston fans cuz they got to say 'I bleed green'
        haha
        I BLEED GOLD NOW
        get rid of the red it sounds so stupid
        Well we could say everyone is a raptor fan cause everyone bleeds red!

Then again, so many teams have red in their colour schemes. Cavs fans have it bad, "I bleed burgundy"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          Cavs fans have it bad, "I bleed burgundy"
          Actually the Cavs colours are "Wine and Gold" .. so technically they get to say "I bleed Wine" which is infinitely cooler than anybody else. LOL

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Actually the Cavs colours are "Wine and Gold" .. so technically they get to say "I bleed Wine" which is infinitely cooler than anybody else. LOL
            Lol which is the same thing Jesus said, and he's got his own religion now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
              The point isn't about somehow trying to connect colour to the team name, but that the black & gold has no connection to ANYTHING in relation to the team. Overall context, grasshopper. The colour scheme connects to NOTHING, including team name. The only thing it's connected to is a colour scheme trend that comes and goes, currently in. I don't really care all that much really, as long as whatever they choose isn't fugly. Black and gold CAN be cool, but let's face it, the scheme has zero connection to anything related to the team, and it's all about selling trendy coloured jerseys.
              But in the end, so are/were the red jerseys. Like a third of the teams in the league have had some sort of variation of red during the same span or longer than the Raps have. They may use some stupid marketing approach like "Canada's team"....but it was also just taking advantage of a trendy colour of the times, as even longstanding red jerseyed teams modified their style a bit to be more "hip".

Miami, Houston, Cleveland, Chicago, Philly, Atlanta, Portland...I think Milly and Detroit even had red alternates at some point recently. Forgot the Nets too.

To me I don't really care about the actual colour, just thought htese red jerseys were far from original or interesting. Preferred the purple motif they had before, and that's also not connected in any way to city, province or country, and at best is only connected to Barney the purple dinosaur in terms of anything remotely related to the team name.

Lets just hope if they change the colour, regardless of reason (because it pretty much always is about revitalizing sales), that it looks good, and I'd hope a little more interesting or original than what they use now.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Dec 30, 2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I just hope they bring the Pin Stripes back.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I'm pretty sick of the red and white, and never liked it as much as the purple schemes...Glad a change is likely coming.
                  Winning is the best rebranding strategy, but agreed on the purple.
                  Last edited by gametime; Tue Dec 31, 2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NBAForever_/stat...564482/photo/1

Comment

Why the fuck is there an owl on the raptors jersey? Those jersey's are horrific
                      Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Mon Dec 30, 2013, 09:44 PM.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        How about Red and Gold like the 49ers uniforms??
                        Ugh no. Way too Christmas. I'm ok with black and gold if it's done tastefully.

Comment

take the owl off
                          the front is ok if those squiglley things are supposed to be pinstripes then get the fuck out
                          allround its hideous shit do I hate it
                          drake needs to leave this is too much
                          get that garbage outta here
                          Last edited by lilmamba_; Mon Dec 30, 2013, 10:04 PM.
                          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                            the front is ok if those squiglley things are supposed to be pinstripes then get the fuck out
                            Lol No need to swear Mamba.
                            This is the original Raptors Jersey... note the "squiglley things" as pinstripes ...

Suppose you weren't actually born when these were around, so I'll let it slide .. Haha
                            Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 30, 2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

why the fuck is there an owl?
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                                why the fuck is there an owl?
                                Drakes Record Label Logo I believe.

No need to swear.

Comment

Working...
                                X